Anyone dealing with a Woke employer?

Are you concerned about the woke culture costing you your job?

• Total voters
good pay? local company? what ya do, they hiring? ill pretend to be woke for good bennies and a stout check
Pretend all you want but when you see promotions and raises going to people of certain or color you start to wonder when you haven't had a raise or promotion in 8 years

Do you want your house and family, or do you find it more important to speak your mind? Seems like a pretty simple question you can answer yourself.
Do you value your house and paycheck more then the dystopian shithole America is becoming.

Keep your mouth shut if your ok with your children never seeing freedom or prosperity.

If the founding fathers thought like you, there would be no United States.

Do you value your house and paycheck more then the dystopian shithole America is becoming.

Keep your mouth shut if your ok with your children never seeing freedom or prosperity.

Thats kinda harsh. Especially coming from you.

My house and future are all set. I have no children and don't really care about yours. I will ley heros like you to televise the revolution. But I suspect you'll be sitting this out.

A few years from retirement, I’m resigned to the fact that my role has morphed into training young, inexperienced, diverse people how to push around old, white men who know more than they will ever bother to learn. We hire them cheap, right out of school, let them rotate between three functions and then pick one. Most leave within 2-3yr, as quick turnover is expected among youngsters to prove they aren’t getting stale like us old Boomers. Some I enjoy teaching but most resent the idea their lack of knowledge, background and experience are holding them back from leadership positions. They are entitled.

Yeah, the office staff has gone woke at my company. Especially with the Covid and everyone working from home they have been given a lot of slack, I feel like that made it worse. The field staff has been forced to take inclusion training. Most are older guys who just laugh at it.

I just deal with it. I’m trying to build a solid foundation for my family so I can eventually make a change, do something and live somewhere where things aren’t so crazy. Not really a fun time to be a younger guy in this country.

Maybe I’ll buy a 40 acre plot and grow some corn or something...

A 2 message warrior.

No one will change anything by speaking their mind at work and getting fired.

Yep. Mine has gone woke too. So far I've been able to mostly ignore it.
Latest thing is PPs (not prohibited persons). I've left mine blank, and plan to do so unless and until someone says something. Then I'll just plead ignorance: "I don't pay attention to anyone's gender. I just address everyone by their first name. You don't want to hear me use anyone's pronoun; it'll be like when their mother or father uses their full name."

Yes but I work in tech so I think I'm gonna choose a different hill to die on.

A company I worked for about a decade ago literally invited Chuck Schumer to give a talk and he started blathering on about the assault weapon ban. I can deal with periodically being reminded I'm working for people with totally different views than me so long as the check doesn't bounce - mercenary life.

Last edited:
Geez. I didnt realize how bad it was at so many companies until I read this thread. I work at a NH hospital. A few of my like minded coworkers and I regularly discuss guns and shooting, ARs, plans to get together and go shooting and how much of a dumbass Biden is amongst various other conservative themed discussions. We discuss this in full earshot of our other, less than conservative, coworkers as well. Ive gotten into debates with liberal coworkers on this woke garbage on several occasions. Ive even showed them pics of a friend of mine attending the Jan 6th capitol protest. I delete the rare emails regarding social justice and tell anyone that asks that my preferred pronoun is "your majesty". Yes, I'm a bit of an a**h*** on occasion.

Not once in the 6 years Ive worked there have I been pulled into HR nor have I received anything less than "exceeds expectations" on my annual reviews. Frankly IDGAF if my conservative viewpoints offend the sensibilities of my liberal coworkers. Their liberal conversations dont bother me. I do my job and I do it well and could care less if they fired me. I would get a job at another hospital within a week making the same wages if not more.

I'd just create an email rule that filters out any mail that includes key words like gender, race, aggressions and the like. Right to the trash. It won't bother you as much if you aren't seeing it.
Funny story along this line. A coworker got sick of seeing the messages from the micro managing boss man. He flagged him as spam and the email server began filterin his mail. 2 years later and he cant figure out why some people aren't getting his emails. He found out one day when the it dept sent down the black list to confirm the entries. We all thought the guy was gonna stroke out for real.

its a cultural thing.
Black slaves developed a wonderful technique called"Shuckin and Jivin"

When their slave masters wanted them to work harder, they would do the Shuckin and Jivin, to make it LOOK like they were working hard.

Its probably not in your culture to do that, or you are new to working in a "woke company". But it is a time honored way to get along. Never say anything offensive to your masters. Pretend to be working as hard as you can, pretend to be supporting their woke agenda, NEVER talk about your true feelings to anyone at work. Just do it, and you will be fine.

back in the day i worked at a research lab associated with a local big university. I had to figure it all out back in the '70's...they were totally woke way back then!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKlJPagNu5Y

This as long as the check is good and your making money just play along and spend the money on guns and ammo.

The company is not "woke" fortunately, but I still like to have fun with it. I routinely tell people that I identify as something new ever few weeks and during normal chatter with co-workers I will stop the conversation and ask "wait, did you just assume your own gender? That's offensive to me." I tend to go over the top to try and make people realize how stupid some policies are.

I keep a garlic necklace on the door to my office, when people ask "Whats that for" I reply back with "It can't hurt". The blank stares after that are great.

If a co-worker asks "whats new?" I try to respond with something like "well, I put on pants today".

My birthday was a few weeks ago and one of the asked what I did to celebrate. Told them I pushed my monthly shower up a few days.

I will end most stories with "well, that's the rumor I'm starting"

My employer, local in Western MA and an industry leader is well into its push for divirsity and inclusion.

They pay woke speakers to lecture us about race and privilege. They push articles, videos and info graphics explaining the horrors of micro aggressions. They push everyone to include their preferred pronouns in their email signature so that everyone can feel more welcome.

Problem is, I don’t feel very welcome. They encourage us to have “brave conversations”, but when the only conversations considered brave are ones which align with the political opinion made public by the leadership in the company, than what exactly about that is brave? Is my belief that the conclusions drawn are false something that would be championed within the company as a brave thing to say, or would I much more likely be exiled or even potentially fired depending on the intensity of my disagreement.

Unfortunately, we find ourselves in an at will employment state and I just bought my first house and hope to begin a family soon. I cant afford to lose what is a great job on paper. That being said, only so much can be avoided. When pressed in person on the issues, it is against my constitution to speak in agreement with that which I so thoroughly disagree and disapprove of.

How is everyone else in similar situations handling the encroachment of woke culture and the threat that comes with it if you should dare speak out against the orthodoxy?
They get to do this because you all stay silent.

I’d rather get fired then have to tell my children how we lost all of our freedoms and rights, knowing I was a coward and kept my mouth shut.
My house and future are all set. I have no children and don't really care about yours. I will ley heros like you to televise the revolution. But I suspect you'll be sitting this out.

. Your future is all set ? If you could go back in time 5 years ago. and tell yourself what today is like, your past self wouldn’t believe you.

The future isn’t all set for anyone.

@Prepper Posted this. It is the best most concise statement on BLM & Antifa.

If I worked for a "woke" company I would make several copies and add most of what you said in your 3rd paragraph in your opening post.
When pressed on an issue I would hand them the paper, smile and walk away.

I work for a utility company in construction, and I would say 85% of the guys I work with are conservative, 75% own guns, and 50% are hunters. We had Trump stickers on many of the trucks till we did a job in a very woke town and someone called the company and complained. The table in the break room is covered with gun and outdoor magazines. We still talk to each other like sailors. Thank God cause I would be tough to deal with that woke crap.

I find it surprising with all the tough talk about "go time" and such on this board, the majority of people here are afraid to even talk about sensible conservative values and viewpoints at work. This is one reason why things have gotten so bad over the last decade. Its also the reason why there will never be a "go time" and all our guns will one day end up in a smelter.

Thankfully, 100% of my small office is conservative. Can't say I know how the two dumbass' in the shop lean, but they are the regional VP who was the owner of the company up untill 2 years ago's sons, and he is conservative. Outside the office meeting with customers, I am very cautious of how I speak. I will never bring up my views unless the person I am speaking with does first.

The mother ship thankfully doesnt push the woke crap.

I have respect for anyone who does this. Ill be honest I like my car too much to risk any trip to noho or amherst turning into a key fest on my paint but I applaud those that flaunt it
Unfortunately, these days, you can probably lump American flag stickers in with the gun stickers as a reason to be concerned for vehicle damage.

My employer, local in Western MA and an industry leader is well into its push for divirsity and inclusion.

They pay woke speakers to lecture us about race and privilege. They push articles, videos and info graphics explaining the horrors of micro aggressions. They push everyone to include their preferred pronouns in their email signature so that everyone can feel more welcome.

Problem is, I don’t feel very welcome. They encourage us to have “brave conversations”, but when the only conversations considered brave are ones which align with the political opinion made public by the leadership in the company, than what exactly about that is brave? Is my belief that the conclusions drawn are false something that would be championed within the company as a brave thing to say, or would I much more likely be exiled or even potentially fired depending on the intensity of my disagreement.

Unfortunately, we find ourselves in an at will employment state and I just bought my first house and hope to begin a family soon. I cant afford to lose what is a great job on paper. That being said, only so much can be avoided. When pressed in person on the issues, it is against my constitution to speak in agreement with that which I so thoroughly disagree and disapprove of.

How is everyone else in similar situations handling the encroachment of woke culture and the threat that comes with it if you should dare speak out against the orthodoxy?
I'm a little late to this conversation but I can offer some advice. I'm almost 50.....and I've been in your shoes. You say you "can't afford to lose this job".....and I get it. I've been there......a job where I hated the culture and the pay was excellent......look for another job. Now. Start now. I've never gone from one job to another and made less.

The first management position I took when I retired from the military was a huge mistake. Big pay check.....terrible culture. Like....work managers to death 17 hour days 6 days a week culture. I should have asked more questions in the interview process. It took me a year and a half to fine my next position while hating the place I was at but..... I absolutely love the place I'm at now. I run my department and as long as the shifts are getting it done and my metrics are met the ceo leaves me alone. I talk to him maybe once a month. If I need equipment or Capex funds I just have to have my ducks in a row and show him the justification on paper......he will approve it or "add to next year's budget" if it's not urgent. My guys are mostly 40s or older in age and "well seasoned" if you know what I mean.....so I don't have to watch everything I say. I do love my job.

You should start looking.

Last edited:
My company is woke.

-They suggested the pronouns crap in emails.
-Required conscious bias training upcoming.
-Donating to all the causes.
-At a company wide web based meeting they talked about walking shoulder to shoulder with BLM while quite literally a boarded up store that was looted was shown on a box next to the speakers.

I do not discuss politics at work but it’s well known I’m conservative because when people would talk about Orange man bad etc. I would simply say that I disagree. I’m not there to make friends I’m there to make a living. Though it does make me think I’d be better off working for myself.

Definitely don't text w/ co-workers like that. Work is work, they're not your family, you never know when something you text will bite you in the ass down the road. I made it a habit years ago never to text or email anything which could hurt me later. That goes for employees, my ex wife, anyone. No off-color jokes, "inappropriate" memes, etc. no matter how funny they are. Just don't. I rest easy at night knowing I have never put anything out there electronically that could come back at me. I also have mountains of emails/texts from the ex-wife showing how well we get along, etc. Any disagreements we have are just that, but never ever name calling, threatening, getting angry, etc.

Right now I'm in the midst of a mini-divorce, splitting w/ live in girlfriend of 8 years I bought a house with. I don't expect any issues but she's woke as f*** (became very much more so after TDS hit, and it's most of the reason we're splitting). I always worry about red flag laws being abused, etc. The funny thing is, I have several texts/screenshots of stupid things she has said/done over the years that would get her fired in an instant and land her in the news because of it (the headline would be something like: XYZ School District Union President has a history of inappropriate racist comments on social media/tText). I don't have any intention of ever using it, but it's there if I need it. There are times I want to scream, literally & electronically but I don't. Ever. Periodically I download all my text messages from my ex wife/girlfriend so I have an audit trail - it helps to have documentation of all the normal conversations too in case they every try and pull something.
Say it, forget it
Write it, regret it.

My NJ company creates meaningless positions for Diversity new hires that have no skills or experience. While we have no Corporate Engineering function, they hired a minority engineer 4Q20 as Senior Manager of Corporate Engineering Documentation. Nobody recalls the job being posted, and the normal 5-7 years experience for a Sr Mgr position appear to have been “modified”, as the person hired has a LinkedIn profile indicating 1yr prior industry experience (but 4 years of college clubs and associations that are just resume fillers).

Late February, the SrVP of Strategic Initiatives (another diverse person with no perceivable role or responsibility) sent out a memo saying the 2021 Standardized Engineering Documentation SOP had been revised and issued (it was rev3, although rev0-2 were never issued), which included standardized templates for protocols, report, etc.

All 2021 documents were required to be up-revved to the new templates, with a list of dozens of 1Q21 documents in the Agile system requiring revision. Several old, white male Senior and Principle Engineers resigned in following weeks, with over 75% of 1Q21 documents unrevised. The SVP just sent a memo out to department heads reminding them of the April 30 deadline for revisions. VPs then reminded their staffs of the priority - nobody could snub the diverse team’s requirement.

I expect more resignations before 30Apr. For every 3-4 well-paid, highly skilled and experienced engineers that resign, we can hire 2-3 low-salaried, inexperienced diverse employees, who will contribute little and move along in 2-3yr tops. And save money on salaries and benefits - the youngsters have very few health insurance claims so the most expensive overhead cost is lowered.

My team of 6 engineers and scientists in BOS is down to me and another old, white male - both of us in that 60-70 age bracket that makes Woke companies fear age discrimination. As long as we only perform poorly but don’t say anything Unwoke, we’re good.

My NJ company creates meaningless positions for Diversity new hires that have no skills or experience. While we have no Corporate Engineering function, they hired a minority engineer 4Q20 as Senior Manager of Corporate Engineering Documentation. Nobody recalls the job being posted, and the normal 5-7 years experience for a Sr Mgr position appear to have been “modified”, as the person hired has a LinkedIn profile indicating 1yr prior industry experience (but 4 years of college clubs and associations that are just resume fillers).

Late February, the SrVP of Strategic Initiatives (another diverse person with no perceivable role or responsibility) sent out a memo saying the 2021 Standardized Engineering Documentation SOP had been revised and issued (it was rev3, although rev0-2 were never issued), which included standardized templates for protocols, report, etc.

All 2021 documents were required to be up-revved to the new templates, with a list of dozens of 1Q21 documents in the Agile system requiring revision. Several old, white male Senior and Principle Engineers resigned in following weeks, with over 75% of 1Q21 documents unrevised. The SVP just sent a memo out to department heads reminding them of the April 30 deadline for revisions. VPs then reminded their staffs of the priority - nobody could snub the diverse team’s requirement.

I expect more resignations before 30Apr. For every 3-4 well-paid, highly skilled and experienced engineers that resign, we can hire 2-3 low-salaried, inexperienced diverse employees, who will contribute little and move along in 2-3yr tops. And save money on salaries and benefits - the youngsters have very few health insurance claims so the most expensive overhead cost is lowered.

My team of 6 engineers and scientists in BOS is down to me and another old, white male - both of us in that 60-70 age bracket that makes Woke companies fear age discrimination. As long as we only perform poorly but don’t say anything Unwoke, we’re good.
Wow. That's a multi-way buzzword bingo winner. Sadly, my company is not far behind.

Back
Top Bottom