• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone convert their pistols to carbines?

Anybody on here convert or have ever used the option of the MCK Ronis with their pistols?
I know they're compatible with a quite a few makes and models..
Curious with what people have experienced with these before I even consider buying one...

Buddy has a Glock 9mm Roni. I’ve shot it enough that I went with a a dedicated 9mm AR platform. The Roni is made well and functions fine it’s just different to shoot.

Does the front shroud/barrel improve or make the trajectory worse?
Why would you think it would do either? The MCK still uses the same slide and barrel. You insert the whole pistol into it. The only thing it does is allow for more geegaws, a longer sight picture, forward grip, and a brace.

I'd probably go for a RONI if I had a FA glock.

Does the front shroud/barrel improve or make the trajectory worse?

For me the whole thing just felt funny. I preferred a PCC that was more in tune with what I am use to and have motor memory for. Felt the same way about the Kel Tec Sub 2k. That said I do think the Roni is well made and fun to play with. Nothing against it or it’s worksmanship

Yes, ergonomics are not really thought of. I think the one I had was called 20/20 from recovertactical . It was ok. I do not like the idea of their holster. Overall it is fun to shoot. But, a little awkward. I ended up giving it to my son back in Michigan before the move here

Yes and no.
I had one in CT. It ran fine, reliable, but was very heavy.
It was a nice option in a limited market.
I sold it to a friend after I bought a Ruger PCC.
I agree: reliable and very heavy (stainless bull barrel)
The one advantage to the setup is that you can cut down the buffer tube/use a minimalist stock to make the whole package into a 26” OAL carbine.

Back
Top Bottom