Anyone buying a Coronavirus Gun

I wasn't gonna fall into this whole corona bullshit but.....

a mint S&W 945-1 at an amazing price fell into my lap and I just could not say no! should have it in a day or two. I had one of these years ago and sold it and regretted it ever since.

I had one of those, didn't really like it all that much, mostly it was too big to wrap my hand around comfortably, also the trigger left a lot to be desired.
However, it was accurate and ultra reliable, even with some funky reloads.
It's still the only pistol I've even seen that will cycle empty shells.
Try it for yourself, load a mag with spent shells, and quickly rack the slide back and forth, it'll chamber, extract and eject every shell. Friggn' amazing!

Had my FID, haven't applied for my LTC since my 21st. With all the time off now, I figured I could go get it done since I'm no longer driving 200-300 miles a day for work and school.

Buddy of mine in the industry tells me that they stopped processing LTC's. f***.
Going to swing by the pd and try anyways, but looks like my china check gun is going to be a lever.

Had my FID, haven't applied for my LTC since my 21st. With all the time off now, I figured I could go get it done since I'm no longer driving 200-300 miles a day for work and school.

Buddy of mine in the industry tells me that they stopped processing LTC's. f***.
Going to swing by the pd and try anyways, but looks like my china check gun is going to be a lever.
That’s ok, 45-70 has strong anti-viral properties.

No - but did make a trade 2 weeks ago for a VP9 which I am enjoying to shoot

Spent my gun budget on this beauty 3-4 weeks ago, so hoping class/competitions will be back at some point this summer

View attachment 339605

Love IT! I just bought the Ckye pod, TT Diamond Trigger and the MDT ACC chassis too last week. But I spent my action money on the S&W Revolver in post 78

I'm trying to sell guns, not buy them, and definitely wouldn't pick a panic rush to do it in. But coincidentally a collector piece I'd been looking for became available as this whole thing was dropping, so I can tell people I bought the second worst shotgun ever made during the virus scare. That is, when the FFL who received it coughs it up. Guess the panic buying has put personal transfers on the back burner.
Doesn't matter if someone is in a free state or not, or if the dealer is holding back. Visited several shops in the last few days. Staff are saying that it's taking 1-1/2 hours just to get through and get put on hold. (and that's just the Federal NICS line).

Shooters Outpost & Firearms Museum

18 hrs ·
To our valued customers awaiting background checks:
Please be aware that the handgun background checks take time. We currently have approximately 80 firearms awaiting call backs from the State. We will call you as soon as we hear back. We want you to have your firearm just as much as you want it. Please be patient. Please don't call us to follow-up. We will call you. Thank you!!

I wasn't planning on it, but found a nice 6.5CM that I'm tempted... but do I want to stock another caliber and do I want to fight crowds to get the transfer done and NICS?

Love IT! I just bought the Ckye pod, TT Diamond Trigger and the MDT ACC chassis too last week. But I spent my action money on the S&W Revolver in post 78

Was a little hesitant in getting the Ckye pod due to its cost, but now that I have been using it, love it. Lots of adjustability and positioning options
I bought the part at the link below to replace the cant screw so that you can do on the fly adjustments rather than using an allen wrench

Stock is running low everywhere. My main distributor lists 1025 semi auto 9mm unique SKUs. At any given time they have 600+ of these with one or more in stock. They have 100+ with 50 or more in stock. Right now they have 198 unique and only 10 with 50+. Lots of what is in stock are higher priced or less desirable items.

Pickings are slim

Doesn't matter if someone is in a free state or not, or if the dealer is holding back. Visited several shops in the last few days. Staff are saying that it's taking 1-1/2 hours just to get through and get put on hold. (and that's just the Federal NICS line).

Yeah, I'm not blaming them, but I'm not enjoying having a gun I paid for in limbo while there's a chance the system could get shut down soon. FFL's saying don't bother showing up until the crowds calm down.

I was considering buying a Sig P365 non-massified but not sure if now’s the time. I’m pretty much just building guns now.

That’s at the top of my wife’s short list for a carry gun. She has handled it but not shot it yet. No time. The WFH switch has created a ton of extra work for her because her courses have gone 100% Online so the curriculum and delivery have to be redesigned.

Bob

The "stock is low" stuff resonates from mainly the LGS's - when I picked up my glock 20 (bought online, at FFL for transfer only) the FFL made a thing of saying I could probably double my $$ on it and on my way out a customer coming in was eyeballing my Glock case as if he was thinking "oh they have Glocks here!.. online still showed 10+ in stock - price was up like $10 but otherwise readily available at prices from last year.

If anyone tells you stock is low or you gotta wait for backorder, at least go check buds, grabagun, etc etc before making panic buys

The "stock is low" stuff resonates from mainly the LGS's - when I picked up my glock 20 (bought online, at FFL for transfer only) the FFL made a thing of saying I could probably double my $$ on it and on my way out a customer coming in was eyeballing my Glock case as if he was thinking "oh they have Glocks here!.. online still showed 10+ in stock - price was up like $10 but otherwise readily available at prices from last year.

If anyone tells you stock is low or you gotta wait for backorder, at least go check buds, grabagun, etc etc before making panic buys
I hate Bud's. Everything you might want is always "out of stock". :rolleyes:

LGS did have some new Glock 48's in stock, for $448 each. :)

I hate Bud's. Everything you might want is always "out of stock". :rolleyes:

LGS did have some new Glock 48's in stock, for $448 each. :)

I agree they are not one stop shopping. Things that everyone else has, which are readily available (like say an Aero lower), their prices suck and they don't seem to bother re-stocking very often, but then they have 10+ of a bunch of other things at great prices I tend to look at, a great layaway program, and they actually track FFLs in their system and ship insanely fast.. it's a very smooth system with buds.

As an example where say Primary Arms has great stock in other things, and has great prices, but does not show you their "known" FFLs and takes a long time to process those orders (regular orders do ship really fast), as if every order requires the same process of verifying an unknown FFL (even if they shipped to them the day before or something), they have no layaway program, etc etc.. I love primary arms too just their process is not so eloquent.

I'm trying to sell guns, not buy them, and definitely wouldn't pick a panic rush to do it in. But coincidentally a collector piece I'd been looking for became available as this whole thing was dropping, so I can tell people I bought the second worst shotgun ever made during the virus scare. That is, when the FFL who received it coughs it up. Guess the panic buying has put personal transfers on the back burner.
Guess the panic buying has put personal transfers on the back burner.
Did you hear anything about them stopping personal transfers on line??

Did you hear anything about them stopping personal transfers on line??

No. My problem was the check phone system has been so overloaded it's taken hours or days for stores to get through. When I finally went to pick it up I had to fill out the forms and them come back another day because they were taking 4+ hours to reach anyone.

Last edited:
Wow, that's crazy. Wonder if it will do that with a personal e-FA10 to e-FA10 (non-dealer transfer)? More than likely if the whole system is bogged down.

Back
Top Bottom