Anyone buying a Coronavirus Gun

Can not afford. Going entry level. Sightmark Photon. 1st gen sadly. Spent too many nights in the woods to not get at least something...

So, I've actually got enough guns. I could use more ammo, so maybe a case or two out of Target Sports is a good idea.

I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering throwing my SBR in the trunk and taking it and a couple dozen preban 30 rounders with me if I have to leave the house.
That’s the spirit!

I’m looking at this two ways. First way is my preparations in case SHTF or a long term shortage of everything because of hurricanes, storms or civil unrest. For these I am well prepared. Secondly is what we have now. No shortages of supply of items. Just panic and the unwillingness to run to the store every time we need some meat, milk or fresh fruit etc. So for that, last week I bought more dairy items meats, bread. Used the Food Saver and froze some meats. My parents and Grandparents went through the Depression so my house always had a full pantry. I’m good on guns and ammunition and reloading components.

Coronavirus gun? Only one? I've had plans to pick up at least four long before the Great Azzwipe Panic of 2020 even started. Just need to save up some more.

I stopped by my local shop to pick up a rifle I had ordered and it was a mob scene. The owner told me it was a three hour wait on Thursday. Most people were first time buyers. The dude in front of me was buying a Sig Legion for his first pistol. The only thing left were high end guns. It’s crazy times man.

Went to Collectors Gallery today. I asked them if they had a gun that would work on the virus...we all had a laugh. I've decided that the only way of curbing my gun purchasing habit is to seek out hard to find models that are rarely in stock. It was a close call as Collectors had just received some new merchandise that was worth consideration. I managed to keep my wallet in my pocket, you never know when a good deal on toilet paper will present itself.

The TP thing is just people going retarded though, there was never actual talk of a shortage, its just herd mentality stuff. Some pocket of foilers started doing it at the beginning and then it became a meme/herd thing. People see others fighting over TP and they're like "maybe these people know something I dont know" and that isn't always the case. In this case they don't know anything, toiletpaper purchasing is just the weird manic outlet for peoples faggy coronavirus fears. it makes them "feel safe" or some bullshit. It's also partially a conformist mentality of some sort. All cultures are prey to this stuff but I think Americans by far, on average, are the worst. If I owned a grocery store that had a high turnover rate of customers (eg, lots of people through the doors every day) and I had a couple dozen willing participants, I bet I could induce herd buys in that grocery store given enough time- send the baiters through the store with visible item X on the carts, make it looks like people are buying it, and others will. Especially if an item is large and visible (like a brick of TP is, nobody is hiding that on their cart... everyone sees it rolling around on the cart, etc. ) The fact that TP is relatively cheap gives the fad riders a cheap buy in, too, you can "look cool stocking up" for like 20 bucks or less, or whatever a large brick of the stuff costs. (I dunno what it costs in quantity any more, I buy like 2 rolls at a time and maybe sometimes a 4 pack, I use less than a roll a month at home on average. ) Like as a science experiment I would have loved to try to do this with tide pods. Send your shills into the store and tell them to buy a bunch of stuff and put 2 large brick of tide pods on their cart where everyone can see it. Have some of them start viscous rumors with other customers that "I heard they are going to ban these soon because of the stupid kids eating them, so you might want to buy them now. " Do shit like have a pallet in the store with what looked like it had 20 containers of tide pods on it but only leave a few, to make it look like it is in high demand. I bet within a week you could sell shitloads of tide pods, although you'd never make your money back having to pay the shills but it would be a fun social experiment.

-Mike
The TP shortage is for stupid reasons, but it is very real. It's like a game of musical chairs where someone suddenly pulled most of the chairs away. If you want a seat when the music stops, you need to maintain prudent inventory practices.

When you are out,, do you want to tell your wife "Got me a few spare cases in the gun room right next to the ammo stockpile" or "The shortage isn't real, but everyone is out - "use a rag and rinse it off in the sink when you are done".

Stupid but real, where have I seen that before?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0igC-ED4zs

My two safes are full but you should definitely buy yourself a Ruger .357 wheelgun made in the 70's or 80's.
I have some wonderful american made beauties resting in my safe, NIB off Gun Broker or a lucky local find....

How about a 1984 S&W Model 681-2. I picked this up several months back in a bulk buy from a guy moving out of MA and he needed money fast. I got a smokin deal for this, 3 other guns and over 500 rounds of assorted 9mm, .38, .357 and 12gauge 00buck.
4AE8AB0E-5FFA-41FD-9C6A-D0F46CCB0131.jpeg

Pre-panic buying is the way to go!!

The TP thing is just people going retarded though, there was never actual talk of a shortage, its just herd mentality stuff. Some pocket of foilers started doing it at the beginning and then it became a meme/herd thing. People see others fighting over TP and they're like "maybe these people know something I dont know" and that isn't always the case. In this case they don't know anything, toiletpaper purchasing is just the weird manic outlet for peoples faggy coronavirus fears. it makes them "feel safe" or some bullshit. It's also partially a conformist mentality of some sort. All cultures are prey to this stuff but I think Americans by far, on average, are the worst. If I owned a grocery store that had a high turnover rate of customers (eg, lots of people through the doors every day) and I had a couple dozen willing participants, I bet I could induce herd buys in that grocery store given enough time- send the baiters through the store with visible item X on the carts, make it looks like people are buying it, and others will. Especially if an item is large and visible (like a brick of TP is, nobody is hiding that on their cart... everyone sees it rolling around on the cart, etc. ) The fact that TP is relatively cheap gives the fad riders a cheap buy in, too, you can "look cool stocking up" for like 20 bucks or less, or whatever a large brick of the stuff costs. (I dunno what it costs in quantity any more, I buy like 2 rolls at a time and maybe sometimes a 4 pack, I use less than a roll a month at home on average. ) Like as a science experiment I would have loved to try to do this with tide pods. Send your shills into the store and tell them to buy a bunch of stuff and put 2 large brick of tide pods on their cart where everyone can see it. Have some of them start viscous rumors with other customers that "I heard they are going to ban these soon because of the stupid kids eating them, so you might want to buy them now. " Do shit like have a pallet in the store with what looked like it had 20 containers of tide pods on it but only leave a few, to make it look like it is in high demand. I bet within a week you could sell shitloads of tide pods, although you'd never make your money back having to pay the shills but it would be a fun social experiment.

-Mike
WELL SAID! People buy shit due to Hysteria... "the sky is falling" bullshit........The gun shop I work at ran out of 556//223...9mm and other calibers yesterday (Saturday) and I was asked countless times of "where's the 556 223 9mm....and YOU RAN OUT" People were at the Register holding boxes and boxes of ammo... Handguns and Black Guns were in High demand.. North of Mass..... This Hysteria and "OH Shit"(no pun intended) mentality is running rampid. 22 rimfire will be next..... Prepper mentality or just Panic? I think it's the PANIC syndrome.
Personally, I have more than enough to suit my needs, BUT, There's ALWAYS ONE MORE gun to own....Just buy LOW when you can...

Bravo Larry! Please let us know how you like it after you've shot it some. I've had my eye on that one for a while now. It's a beauty, good luck with it.

I told the wife that the 5 guns I have bought in the last year, just means I was ahead of the curve, not to mention the ammo.
Pretty lame "emergency" if you ask me.
The Market Basket in Bellingham this morning had everything we needed or wanted. Chicken breasts were the only thing not in the cases, so I bought a whole chicken, no sacrifice there.
Beef, fish, pork, vegetables, fresh baked bread, all overflowing the cases. Toilet paper looked a little thin, but that's it.
Parking lot was 75% full, I was 2nd in line at the deli counter, I was second in line at the checkout - 10:30 am Sunday. I never see lines this short on a weekend.
Fake news is in full swing!

So I'm in the process of selling my first gun ever. I have an old mossy 500 with bird and slug barrel and 4 choke set that I have not used in years. A guy the works for me mentioned to me he and his wife want a shotgun. They have never had guns ever. I took him and his wife to the club today to give them the full on safety lessons as well as have them shoot some bird buck and slugs. They absolutely loved it. She took to it well and was addicted right away hitting 12 inch steel with buckshot over and over. Full on safety class included and they had a good time. He's a nh resident and me a ma resident so I had to get the club ffl involved to do the transfer. He came down and we filled out all the docs.....called nics.....delay. I'm assuming they are swamped. Anyway guns with me till the transfer goes through. Im giving him a sweet deal on it......it's a mid 1990s mossy 500 that a friend gave me a great deal on so I "payed it forward". $150 for the gun with both barrels chokes case and a 10 round box of buckshot. I paid $150 for it with just the bird barrel many many moons ago from my buddy so it owes me nothing.

Just have to wait for the nics call now but I got a new gun owner in the fold. Wholw we were waiting for the club ffl to show up I let them shoot tons of my guns. Sks 1911 m38 10-22 henry 357. His wife liked the shotgun the most lol. Said it has "room for error" if you actually need it. She gets it.

I had all the remaining parts, and a bunch of 5.56 in my shopping basket to finally put together a rifle lower and upper I've had for way too long. But then I was distracted by seeing the market below 21k, and deleted everything anticipating the next few quarters to not be good for my commissions.

I wasn't gonna fall into this whole corona bullshit but.....

a mint S&W 945-1 at an amazing price fell into my lap and I just could not say no! should have it in a day or two. I had one of these years ago and sold it and regretted it ever since.

I'm trying to sell guns, not buy them, and definitely wouldn't pick a panic rush to do it in. But coincidentally a collector piece I'd been looking for became available as this whole thing was dropping, so I can tell people I bought the second worst shotgun ever made during the virus scare. That is, when the FFL who received it coughs it up. Guess the panic buying has put personal transfers on the back burner.

Back
Top Bottom