Anyone buying a Coronavirus Gun

Just had 48 rolls of Scotts TP delivered earlier this week from Amazon. Have plenty of food, guns and ammo. Though now the wife is sending me to the "Store of Death" to get laundry detergent. Dammit!!!

Good thread!

Spring is usually a good project time for me. No more 'beer league' ski racing and skiing in general, nothing going on in the yard. My job usually entails a lot of foreign travel that typically gets busy around now, so I'll definitely have some project time. I think such a global pandemic and FR panic calls for an AK! Perhaps I'll start a thread in the build it yourself forum. I do have a couple parts piles acquired from fellow NESers.

A gun that shoots Coronavirus? How much of a sick F are you??? ;)

After all the fear posts, I checked my TP stash. We've got over a case. Just because our pre-Coronavirus trip to BJ's meant that getting a case was smarter than waiting. 500rds of 9mm or 200rds of .223 per roll if interested. Or I'll shoot you with my Coronavirus-spitting gun.

I ordered some slings, QD mounts, lights and fresh CR123A batteries to make a few guns "ready for SHTF". I really only had one AR and a nightstand handgun equipped with the usual accessories. All the other guns are just "naked" from the factory because I bought them, shot them, cleaned them and put them away. Now I'll have a second AR, Ruger PC9 and 590A1 good to go.

I ordered some slings, QD mounts, lights and fresh CR123A batteries to make a few guns "ready for SHTF". I really only had one AR and a nightstand handgun equipped with the usual accessories. All the other guns are just "naked" from the factory because I bought them, shot them, cleaned them and put them away. Now I'll have a second AR, Ruger PC9 and 590A1 good to go.
This pretty much what I’m looking to do.

If you think you need a special coronavirus gun you've done this whole 2a thing wrong- just sayin.

Still keeping with my g43 and a mag, I'm not getting in a shootout over handsan anytime soon.
Looking for more of a fun project to keep my occupied. I don’t have a huge arsenal but plenty of ammo

went to the Commissary at Hanscom AFB yesterday and they were rationing TP and paper towels. WTF? I talked to one of the managers and she just rolled her eyes and laughed.

None for me. I still haven’t taken the one I bought last month to the range. Don’t tell my wife that though she might think that I didn’t “need” it.... /Joking. She’s pretty awesome when it comes to that. She bought me my last couple of guns.

I need to restock on .45 ammo. I just realized my defense rounds are rather old, so it's time. Not sure if something might follow me home from the store.

1st world problems for sure. [laugh]

This. Too many people have enough guns and ammo for 100 years of SHTF but only enough food, water and meds for 2-4 weeks.

No such thing as “enough guns and ammo”.

Bob

Ended up with a Ruger PC Carbine. Takes Glock mags (of which I have plenty) and wife can already manipulate it with little effort. Will be easier for her to use than my 12 gauge or AR if she needs to. Was contemplating a 20 gauge but didn’t want to introduce a new caliber etc.

While I was in there a very well dressed couple. Came rushing in, bought 2 shotguns, a30-06 bolt action and CASES of ammo with panicked looks on their faces. They were just starting to stock up on things. Oy..

Ended up with a Ruger PC Carbine. Takes Glock mags (of which I have plenty) and wife can already manipulate it with little effort. Will be easier for her to use than my 12 gauge or AR if she needs to. Was contemplating a 20 gauge but didn’t want to introduce a new caliber etc.

While I was in there a very well dressed couple. Came rushing in, bought 2 shotguns, a30-06 bolt action and CASES of ammo with panicked looks on their faces. They were just starting to stock up on things. Oy..

This is actually hilarious.

Normally, I wear Carhartt and various milsurp clothes and look like a typical gun person. Camo. Fluorescent orange. OD green. Black. Greasy hair. Schleppy. Looking like I just walked out of the woods. This is how I normally show up to gun stores.

My day job requires me to wear a suit with tie and dress shoes. During the cold times of year, I'll wear a dark grey overcoat. On various occasions, I have to stop off at gun stores in my work clothes. The reception I get is vastly different in a gun store with a suit on rather than normal clothes, i.e. better service in the suit. One gun store owner thought I was a process server and about to serve him.

You stand out markedly in a gun store with a suit on. Maybe they think I'm going to buy a Kimber? Because I'm just there for more FALs [laugh]

3sitei.jpg

Probably their weekly purchases, they've got the dough.

This is actually hilarious.

Normally, I wear Carhartt and various milsurp clothes and look like a typical gun person. Camo. Fluorescent orange. OD green. Black. Greasy hair. Schleppy. Looking like I just walked out of the woods. This is how I normally show up to gun stores.

My day job requires me to wear a suit with tie and dress shoes. During the cold times of year, I'll wear a dark grey overcoat. On various occasions, I have to stop off at gun stores in my work clothes. The reception I get is vastly different in a gun store with a suit on rather than normal clothes, i.e. better service in the suit. One gun store owner thought I was a process server and about to serve him.

You stand out markedly in a gun store with a suit on. Maybe they think I'm going to buy a Kimber? Because I'm just there for more FALs [laugh]

3sitei.jpg
Similar with me. Not so much gun guy look but I guess average blue collar (jeans, hoodie, Carhartt coat, tee shirts, work boots, pick up, etc). Every once in a great while I have to wear a suit for one reason or another and definitely notice a difference in my interactions with people.

I guess I could call the G43X my COVID gun, as it finally got the upper smack in the middle of the COVID build up. I intended to wait a little longer than I did for buying the RMR but I bought it early due to the lack of toilet paper and bleach. I did buy an extra case of 9mm NATO for storage just because.

(6) Order the discontinuance of selling, distributing, dispensing or giving away of explosives or explosive agents, firearms or ammunition of any character whatsoever;

What a joke!
How is a "Mayors Declaration" going to stop something the citizens have always been doing illegally anyway ???
It carries as much weight with the people as when Obama told Putin to "knock if off" regarding election meddling.

Back
Top Bottom