Anyone buying a Coronavirus Gun

bob6180

NES Member
Now that I don’t have to commute and will be stuck working from home, thinking about buying a new fun to celebrate having 3 more hours/day back in my life. Thinking 357 wheel gin, 308 bolt action, or AR parts to build out one of my lowers.
Anyone else shopping for things other than TP?

Now that I don’t have to commute and will be stuck working from home, thinking about buying a new fun to celebrate having 3 more hours/day back in my life. Thinking 357 wheel gin, 308 bolt action, or AR parts to build out one of my lowers.
I was thinking on this today actually....

I've got a glock 20 and an Aero M4E1 lower on layaway at buds, basically planned purchases this spring didn't want to end up making amidst some buying craze (instead of constantly monitoring stock just put the deposit in). Am looking at a PSA AK and an Aero M5 lower to round out my spread - next time a little extra $$ hits the lot likely gets fully paid and shipped to the FFL..

Am a little short on 20 round AR mags, likely grab a few extra pistol mags, been re-barrelling some of my ARs (basically upgrading here and there and making sparez), few parts kits, could use another decent long range optic, keep considering a binary trigger, and may start rounding up parts for a precision 6.5 creedmoor upper.

I stopped by a Price Chopper on the way home today. It was an incredible sight - toilet paper and cleaner/sanitizer shelves stripped bare; most other shelves down to under 50% of stock; lines at all registers at 6PM. If it was TX I would have slung an AR over my shoulder - not out of fear of anything happening, but the atmosphere of the place just seemed to call for it :). And to think my wife, mother and brother thought I was crazy when I bought two 20 rolls packs of toilet paper earlier this week. As I told my wife "You may not appreciate it yet, but you will when we dip into my reserve and you don't have to use both sides of each sheet as we run low".

A friend emailed me a photo of WalMart where he scored the very last case on the shelf, thanking me for sharing my paranoia with him before it was too late.

I wonder if people who are working from home will start going into the office to do their #2s when their stash runs out.

The difference with the sanitizer/cleaner shortage and the TP shortage is that the use rate of TP is not increasing; people are just laying in stockpiles. Once the supply lines fill it should be back to normal - not so for sanitizer where the supply line has to increase the flow and not just fill a one time gap.

I remember the first great primer shortage - people were talking about it on NES before it hit our area. Those who heeded the warning did fine; those who waited were beating the bushes trying to score some. The TP scenario was identical - talk of shortage down under before it hit here.

I stopped by a Price Chopper on the way home today. It was an incredible sight - toilet paper and cleaner/sanitizer shelves stripped bare; most other shelves down to under 50% of stock; lines at all registers at 6PM. If it was TX I would have slung an AR over my shoulder - not out of fear of anything happening, but the atmosphere of the place just seemed to call for it :). And to think my wife, mother and brother thought I was crazy when I bought two 20 rolls packs of toilet paper earlier this week. As I told my wife "You may not appreciate it yet, but you will when we dip into my reserve and you don't have to use both sides of each sheet as we run low".

I wonder if people who are working from home will start going into the office to do their #2s when their stash runs out.

Xylospongium.jpg

A friend emailed me a photo of WalMart where he scored the very last case on the shelf, thanking me for sharing my paranoia with him before it was too late.

The difference with the sanitizer/cleaner shortage and the TP shortage is that the use rate of TP is not increasing; people are just laying in stockpiles. Once the supply lines fill it should be back to normal - not so for sanitizer where the supply line has to increase the flow and not just fill a one time gap.

I remember the first great primer shortage - people were talking about it on NES before it hit our area. Those who heeded the warning did fine; those who waited were beating the bushes trying to score some. The TP scenario was identical - talk of shortage down under before it hit here.

The TP thing is just people going retarded though, there was never actual talk of a shortage, its just herd mentality stuff. Some pocket of foilers started doing it at the beginning and then it became a meme/herd thing. People see others fighting over TP and they're like "maybe these people know something I dont know" and that isn't always the case. In this case they don't know anything, toiletpaper purchasing is just the weird manic outlet for peoples faggy coronavirus fears. it makes them "feel safe" or some bullshit. It's also partially a conformist mentality of some sort. All cultures are prey to this stuff but I think Americans by far, on average, are the worst. If I owned a grocery store that had a high turnover rate of customers (eg, lots of people through the doors every day) and I had a couple dozen willing participants, I bet I could induce herd buys in that grocery store given enough time- send the baiters through the store with visible item X on the carts, make it looks like people are buying it, and others will. Especially if an item is large and visible (like a brick of TP is, nobody is hiding that on their cart... everyone sees it rolling around on the cart, etc. ) The fact that TP is relatively cheap gives the fad riders a cheap buy in, too, you can "look cool stocking up" for like 20 bucks or less, or whatever a large brick of the stuff costs. (I dunno what it costs in quantity any more, I buy like 2 rolls at a time and maybe sometimes a 4 pack, I use less than a roll a month at home on average. ) Like as a science experiment I would have loved to try to do this with tide pods. Send your shills into the store and tell them to buy a bunch of stuff and put 2 large brick of tide pods on their cart where everyone can see it. Have some of them start viscous rumors with other customers that "I heard they are going to ban these soon because of the stupid kids eating them, so you might want to buy them now. " Do shit like have a pallet in the store with what looked like it had 20 containers of tide pods on it but only leave a few, to make it look like it is in high demand. I bet within a week you could sell shitloads of tide pods, although you'd never make your money back having to pay the shills but it would be a fun social experiment.

-Mike

I was thinking about picking up what's at the top of my list soon, but I figured that if there's going to be a recession I'm just gonna wait for some poor schmuck who is selling stuff to make up for the payments on a car he couldn't afford.

If it was TX I would have slung an AR over my shoulder - not out of fear of anything happening, but the atmosphere of the place just seemed to call for it :).

Ya I don't really stock much freezer food, tend to basically go to the grocery store daily for meats and eat them fresh. Tonight I decided better freeze a little burger & chicken for a week of dinners if need be given the full retard flocking.

Normally I carry an unchambered micro .380 in my pocket, no extra mag. Lazy minimalist. Tonight it was a full size both in a shoulder holster and on my hip, chambered, extra mags. Just seemed warranted.

The TP shortage is for stupid reasons, but it is very real. It's like a game of musical chairs where someone suddenly pulled most of the chairs away. If you want a seat when the music stops, you need to maintain prudent inventory practices.

When you are out,, do you want to tell your wife "Got me a few spare cases in the gun room right next to the ammo stockpile" or "The shortage isn't real, but everyone is out - "use a rag and rinse it off in the sink when you are done".

Last edited:
I was planning on buying my first shotgun this weekend so I guess I can tell everyone that’s my corona present

Not me buying but......guy I work with (NH resident) told me he was going to buy a shotgun after work yesterday. He's never owned a gun. I told him of course it's never a bad idea to have a home defense gun....but now you'll have a gun and not even know how to use it. Offered to take him to the club any time of course.

mayyyyybe.... the wife doesn’t know. but have a couple PSAK’s arriving at my FFL on Monday. In prep for Summer fundays. as for the TP thing. I stocked in prep for not being able to leave the house for 2weeks-1 month. not because of a assumed shortage. same reason i grabbed plenty of shelf stable items for food and a couple packs of multivits.

So, I've actually got enough guns. I could use more ammo, so maybe a case or two out of Target Sports is a good idea.

I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering throwing my SBR in the trunk and taking it and a couple dozen preban 30 rounders with me if I have to leave the house.

Yep, just bought my first black powder revolver, a Dragoon. Next on the list is a Peacemaker. Been watching a lot of Westerns lately haha.

Back
Top Bottom