Anyone buy Front Sight Blades from S&S

The picture in the link already looks rough vs Bills sight. Maybe email and have them give you a picture of the blade as you look at it.

Also the pictures sight only looks like the shape of a usmc blade . no mention of width.
Should be .100"
Also no choice on height...

Yeah, I may just contact Bill.

Under good light, rested eyes, and no match stress, I like the thin original sight. Add in complicating factors and getting older, I think I'll go ahead and replace with a USMC blade. Current height is good, I'll need to measure.

Need to clean & check out my sight assembly to get it working right. Shimming didn't help much and may have hindered the sight 'centering' via spring on its position. I have all winter to figure it out or just bank the original sight and have a replacement fitted for matches. This thing need to make at least one appearance at Perry and perhaps NE Games as well.

During the Vintage match, I noticed that the width of the front sight on my 1903 was the same width as the black center. Hard to get a solid 6oclock hold. Found myself coming up to the black until the front sight just kissed it. Did you notice that on yours ?

My 1903-A3, which gets shot frequently has the Bentz front sight and it's much easier to let the sight "sit" right at 6 oclock.

My 1903 front sight to me looks a little narrower than the bullseye. Up until shooting under match conditions I liked its narrow width. Time constraints, age, and late afternoon shadows darkening the targets made it get a little fuzzy compared to ideal conditions for me. In prone slow fire I shot a 95 + 89 2X, which is OK considering I was not fully sighted in and the rear sight was moving a little. Normally I should have been ~100 + 95 and ~4X to 6X.

Nice that the front sight is easy to change.

During the Vintage match, I noticed that the width of the front sight on my 1903 was the same width as the black center. Hard to get a solid 6oclock hold. Found myself coming up to the black until the front sight just kissed it. Did you notice that on yours ?

My 1903-A3, which gets shot frequently has the Bentz front sight and it's much easier to let the sight "sit" right at 6 oclock.

This could be in part do to not only the size but shape of the blade. The USMC blade is much wider and sharp edges and the trailing edge of the top of the blade falls away much quicker.

Yeah, I may just contact Bill.

Under good light, rested eyes, and no match stress, I like the thin original sight. Add in complicating factors and getting older, I think I'll go ahead and replace with a USMC blade. Current height is good, I'll need to measure.

Need to clean & check out my sight assembly to get it working right. Shimming didn't help much and may have hindered the sight 'centering' via spring on its position. I have all winter to figure it out or just bank the original sight and have a replacement fitted for matches. This thing need to make at least one appearance at Perry and perhaps NE Games as well.

I don't see height options for S&S sights. BILL will make any height you want....along with the .050" rear peep should help some with bad light and eyes.

Back
Top Bottom