Anyone been to PPAC lately?

Cuz

NES Member
Just wondering if they have metal detectors or pat downs, etc. I don’t want any surprises when I go watch a play there next month.

Thanks.

I don't think so, I used to walk past it during my lunch at work. Call ahead and ask about the security?

All I know about PPAC is that about 25 years ago, feel-good guru Deepak Chopra came to town at PPAC. There were about 400 radio commercials an hour for "DEEPAK AT PEE-PACK!" It's 25 years later and whenever I hear PPAC, I cringe. I hope he lost money on that one.

Last time I was there was Alton Brown 2 or 3 years ago. Underwhelming show. No real big security that I recall.

All I know about PPAC is that about 25 years ago, feel-good guru Deepak Chopra came to town at PPAC. There were about 400 radio commercials an hour for "DEEPAK AT PEE-PACK!" It's 25 years later and whenever I hear PPAC, I cringe. I hope he lost money on that one.

Last time I was there was Alton Brown 2 or 3 years ago. Underwhelming show. No real big security that I recall.

What did he do? Play guitar and just talk? About what?

What did he do? Play guitar and just talk? About what?

Deepak? No idea.

Brown? He talks. You know that off-the-cuff thing he does on Good Eats. Imagine 90 minutes of it. It's a riot. Well, it used to be. The last time was FAR more about him trying to be the next Eddie Van Halen than his funny stories and making crazy food. I sorta lost interest in him after that.

Plus I think he's sorta stuck. He needs a kick in the ass. He was supposed to be rebooting Good Eats. He made 5-6 episodes of remix and then that was it. He dropped his podcast 2+ years ago. He is not good on tour. He got divorced. I think he's a troubled guy that looks like he has a lot together when he doesn't. He did an interview on Zimmeran's podcast a year or two ago and it was really dark. Like scary dark. :(

Deepak? No idea.

Brown? He talks. You know that off-the-cuff thing he does on Good Eats. Imagine 90 minutes of it. It's a riot. Well, it used to be. The last time was FAR more about him trying to be the next Eddie Van Halen than his funny stories and making crazy food. I sorta lost interest in him after that.

Plus I think he's sorta stuck. He needs a kick in the ass. He was supposed to be rebooting Good Eats. He made 5-6 episodes of remix and then that was it. He dropped his podcast 2+ years ago. He is not good on tour. He got divorced. I think he's a troubled guy that looks like he has a lot together when he doesn't. He did an interview on Zimmeran's podcast a year or two ago and it was really dark. Like scary dark. :(
I liked him when he did the two road trips on his BMW years ago. He crashed on the first one. I heard he got divorced and his wife got everything, kind of like The Dog Whisperer.

I loved his road trip on the bikes. And also the original Good Eats.

I was wondering about his theater road show. I’m not sure I’d want to sit through an entire performance of him playing guitar and talking about nothing.

And I believe he got remarried

The last one I went to was 3 years ago, I think. It was his 3rd (2nd?) tour.

The people in the audience are annoying. The majority are super-fans. Like annoying. So if you said, "Gee, Alton. That shirt looks ugly." You'd have 45 fat yentas beating you to a pulp with their fake Coach bags for even daring to speak in Lord Brown's presence.

And he eats it up far too much. FAR too much.

The first show I saw was hysterical. HE played a half of 2 songs with one other guy on guitar. That was it. The last one was about 1/8th music and another 1/4 him talking about the music. Dude. Talk about cooking. That's what you're here for. Funny cooking stories about when you were a baker and crap. Talk about feeding real chicken fingers to your daughter. Damn. Those are funny stories. Not a bad song with your bad singing and average guitar-playing. Go do that in your basement!

But, alas, as I said, the average yenta in the audience was 100% AOK with it. Throwing their size 18 panties on stage, practically. LOL

If you've seen the reboot and how. . . . off he seems - that's what he was like the last stage show I saw. He's lost that innocence he once had. Now he comes off as a bully.

Just to close the loop on this, their website says that metal detectors are in use at all entrances, and police details are at all events. I was there today and they were using walk-thru metal detectors. However, my key ring containing car and 4 or 5 house keys did not set it off so I don’t know how sensitive they have it set.

Back
Top Bottom