• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone been to fsguns lately?

It will if it's a high demand item. I sold 2 there recently much more than I paid for them even after the fee and gas. One was a G-19 that sold in 1 day for 1k. Another sold in less than a week. Both of these were priced lower here on NES with no offers.
Exactly. I originally wanted to trade the firearm along with cash on my end for a Glock on the Used list, but when they told me it was gone I decided to stick with the original game plan to put the firearm up for consignment and avoid doing anything foolish/impulsive.

Not everything but yeah of course because there's also not the overhead of a brick and mortar shop - rent, insurance, utilities, employees, taxes, lawyers etc etc. And remember, the vast majority of the guns at FS are on consignment where the SELLER, not FS, sets the price. And the more they get, the more the shop makes via commission for hosting the sale so they aren't going to encourage you to price it lower.
The standard commission is 18%; 15% on collections or very expensive stuff.

I suspect that Carl would be delighted if everyone would price their guns at a bargain so he could turn over used guns quickly. Some of those overpriced consignment guns hang around for a LONG time. At a certain price, the shop is just offering free storage.

Unrealistic prices are often the result of sellers who think what they "need to get out of it" has something to do with market value, or who conclude that the 18% is what is "added to the market price so the buyer pays the consignment".

Someone should design DTE shirts [rofl]
Some photoshopping required.
vintage_tshirt_tee_katzs_deli__1603095336_ad133531_progressive.jpg

It will if it's a high demand item. I sold 2 there recently much more than I paid for them even after the fee and gas. One was a G-19 that sold in 1 day for 1k. Another sold in less than a week. Both of these were priced lower here on NES with no offers.
Like you, I had a G22 factory refurb with <1K thru it since I bought it (from FSguns many years ago) listed here and no interest. I sold it outright to a gun shop for more than I listed it on NES and he told me that he'd sell it for $125 more than he paid me in less than a week. This was a few months ago.

God bless you guys who are finding great deals at Collector's Gallery, but I haven't found anything there worth buying since Jack passed. What am I not seeing or doing wrong? [thinking]
I bought a couple of things from them about a year ago. I have been back a couple of times but now I don't even bother. They have gone full retard since covid. Maybe they have lightened up a bit. But they were having you either put on rubber gloves or hand sanitizer at the door. They wanted everyone to make an appointment.

I bought a couple of things from them about a year ago. I have been back a couple of times but now I don't even bother. They have gone full retard since covid. Maybe they have lightened up a bit. But they were having you either put on rubber gloves or hand sanitizer at the door. They wanted everyone to make an appointment.
I stopped in last spring, they were totally Covid crazy, so I grabbed a box of Sig 9mm ball for $15.99, fled and haven't been back

Mossberg VERY RECENTG3C9mmABM290xxx
$37995.00​
FACT BOX, 3 MAGS, REALTREE CAMO
I know things are expensive but I didn’t think they were that bad

Attachments

• 7991E043-D989-4956-98E9-E60CF429414A.png
    7991E043-D989-4956-98E9-E60CF429414A.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 80
My Sig sold the same day I brought it in for more than I asked for even my high price. It wasn’t even uploaded to the Used Firearms list Lol.

It’s clear they are successful. May be the most successful(profit) in this state

Can anyone guess the logic of keeping that small closet in the back of an office building?

It’s clear they are successful. May be the most successful(profit) in this state

Can anyone guess the logic of keeping that small closet in the back of an office building?

Real estate is expensive and every other gun owner in MA knows where that building is. The value prop of that shop going somewhere else isn't that great given their business model. (distribution of mass quantities of ma compliamt gruel/slop).

I thought the hk staple gun for $2499 was bad.

If it was really an HK staple gun (P7) in decent shape that would be an appropriate price. Seems high for a VP70z though.

When I first went in to FS in 2009 or so they actually had a VP70z in the case. Same gun was there when I went back a year or so later. Is there any chance that's the same goddamn gun, 12 years on? [laugh]

If it was really an HK staple gun (P7) in decent shape that would be an appropriate price. Seems high for a VP70z though.

When I first went in to FS in 2009 or so they actually had a VP70z in the case. Same gun was there when I went back a year or so later. Is there any chance that's the same goddamn gun, 12 years on? [laugh]

Man I wish it was a p7, I would of picked it up. I remember like 8-10 years ago sportmans den in Quincy had two in the box for $750 each. A customer was dumping them, and he was selling off a nickel m8 with nill grips for $1600. Still pissed about not grabbing it.

Man I wish it was a p7, I would of picked it up. I remember like 8-10 years ago sportmans den in Quincy had two in the box for $750 each. A customer was dumping them, and he was selling off a nickel m8 with nill grips for $1600. Still pissed about not grabbing it.

Holy crap.

A few years back I was in the Sportsmans Den and he had a consignment HK SL8 on the rack. When I saw the (very low) price I jumped on it right then and there. You have to be ready to move quickly when opportunity knocks.

Man, I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about those P7s now.

Holy crap.

A few years back I was in the Sportsmans Den and he had a consignment HK SL8 on the rack. When I saw the (very low) price I jumped on it right then and there. You have to be ready to move quickly when opportunity knocks.

Man, I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about those P7s now.
I hear you. I was in a shop the other day and they had someting I have been looking for. They also had another gun on my list. Of course I bought both because these days who knows when they will show up again. The price on both was fair.

VP70 was designed as a full auto weapon. The semi version of it sucks unless you goal is to have one of every HK made (and good luck getting a P11 is you want to collect the while set)

Back
Top Bottom