Anyone been to fsguns lately?

My only gripe with 4 seasons is when the S&W Victory .22 first came out 4 Season's web page said to call and reserve one and they'd call back when they got them in.
I called and the guy said they were way too busy to take reservations for guns.
I'm kind of glad it worked out that way because I ended up finding one in-stock at Collector's for $75 less.

Just because people don't know any better, doesn't it make it right. FS is a gun store primarily for new gun owners. Once someone ventures out into the real world, they never go back.

Not true, I've been going since they were in the old location there. I probably do more business there than at any other shops around. A few years back they had a couple of miserable pricks working behind the counter. Carl got rid of them and all the guys working there now are pleasant and knowledgeable. Some very knowledgeable in fact. There may be guns on auction sites but some of those can be impossible to get into the state (e.g. a 49 year old or newer Python), but if they are at FS in the used case I can take it right home. Ammo prices can be great when they have a sale too. I remember right around the end of 2019 getting 500rd cases of Winchester 9mm for 80 bucks. That was a good deal even then. If you go at the right time, its not a sardine can either. I'm mainly interested in the used inventory though, I don't remember the last time I bought a new gun there.

They've had a Detonics Mk IV listed for what seems like months for a nickle short of $3K. Only a diehard collector would pay that.

Otherwise they seem to be asking what the current market is for many things.

Not true, I've been going since they were in the old location there. I probably do more business there than at any other shops around. A few years back they had a couple of miserable pricks working behind the counter. Carl got rid of them and all the guys working there now are pleasant and knowledgeable. Some very knowledgeable in fact. There may be guns on auction sites but some of those can be impossible to get into the state (e.g. a 49 year old or newer Python), but if they are at FS in the used case I can take it right home. Ammo prices can be great when they have a sale too. I remember right around the end of 2019 getting 500rd cases of Winchester 9mm for 80 bucks. That was a good deal even then. If you go at the right time, its not a sardine can either. I'm mainly interested in the used inventory though, I don't remember the last time I bought a new gun there.
Yes. I had first hand interaction with the "miserable pricks" that worked there probably 5-6 years ago. Their cousin must still work there, because a friend of mine wasn't treated that great, for what he spends there, not too long ago. Brought him to the Mill, he hasn't looked back since.

Let me rephrase my earlier statement. If you are a new gun owner, and happy with the "list", FS is for you. I'm sure they get some fantastic used guns in from time to time due to the traffic they get, so that's a plus.

I'm glad you have a good relationship with them. But, if anybody askes me about FS, I will recommend The Mill all day every day. Hell, I would recommend @MAGAArms before I would recommend FS. The people at The Mill are extremely knowledgeable, the talent under that roof is huge. Everyone I met has been super friendly and helpful. The pricing is very comparable to FS. Well, except for the $900 used glock.

FS is what it is. I’ll go to who ever has what I want at a price I think is fare. I’ve got a couple of guns from them, but my preferred sequence is my local GS, the Mill and then other shops like FS. They (FS) must be doing something right. I remember reading an article in one of the metro west papers saying that in 2018 FS sold 10% of all the new guns sold in MA. That’s a pretty good market share given that the ATF says there are over 550 01/07 FFLs in MA.

So... FS was the very first gun shop that I went to. My boss brought me there (many, many years ago) before I had my LTC, then again when I had it.

It was my local gun shop. By far better than the competition, if you could call them that.

Fast forward to today. I have purchased 1 gun (used) from them during the pandemic. I was looking for that specific gun, and it was a good price (~$100 less than sticker). This was over the summer. I also worked 10/15 minutes from shooters outpost, and collectable arms in Merrimack.

I've walked out of there a few times.
Dudes have cut right in front of me. I don't have the patience for that.

Last edited:
Well commercial space in Woburn per sq ft is pretty pricey so I can't blame him for wanting to save money and just deal with the small space. I'm sure its way cheaper $$/sq ft in Manchester.
I heard at one point he owned that building.
Yeah its small and often busy, i have not been there in 10 years though.
But if you know what tou want and have your shit together you can get in and out pretty fast. I used to make the FSGS run regularly but traffic put a stop to that.

Carl is what made the shop for me.
Years ago when I lived up there I saw a used gun listed on a Friday and called. I was told the gun had been sold.
But on Saturday it was still listed and I called and left a message after closing time. I got a call on Sunday from Carl saying it was still there and he'd hold it for me until I could get in. Good guy, good service.

I wish I could remember names as well as Carl. I've bough a lot from there but hadn't been in there in 5-6 years. I walked in the door last September and he said "Hi REP308!"

I see him do that to people all the time (including me) when I'm there, its impressive!

Last month was at Four Seasons 3 times. Purchased 2 new Pistols and 9mm ammo. I got on a waiting list for a P365 and as a new customer figured I would be at the bottom of the list. Few weeks later the email arrived telling me to come get it! Not saying I wouldn’t shop anywhere else if they had what I was looking for but nothing but positive things to say about them now.

My number is 135,775,467,765,769......I think the guy with a really small head is next.........🤔
So I saw the deli counter outside but the three times I went a guy outside took your cell and you could wait in your vehicle until you were called. I think the longest I waited was 15 minutes.

I bought a new gun from Carl last Wednesday. He had a lot more firearms and inventory on display than two other LGS I went to that virtually had nothing that day. I went around 2pm figuring the place wouldn't be packed; I was wrong. One of the 4 season's staff was making a list of names and what that person wanted to buy, either guns or ammo outside the entry door. Then I had to go back to my car and wait for them to call me to enter the store. It was maybe a half hour before I was allowed in. People were buying plenty of 9mm ammo at $30/box. Fortunately, I didn't need ammo or for that matter, another gun, but I walked out with one. [laugh]

Edit: no deli in place. The name taking and product wanted on the list of customers replaced the deli. All in all, it wasn't too bad of an experience considering what we are facing!

Back
Top Bottom