Anyone been to fsguns lately?

Why they didnt expand again is a mystery. One of the very common, and 100% justified gripes about that store is that it's way, way to small and way, way to busy.

Well commercial space in Woburn per sq ft is pretty pricey so I can't blame him for wanting to save money and just deal with the small space. I'm sure its way cheaper $$/sq ft in Manchester.

Contact one of the shops in Littleton and let them know what you want. They may not have stock but can order for you. My days of perusing gun shops is over. I have a go to guy in Littleton, I tell him what I want and he almost always comes through for me. Price is always in line and there is zero aggravation.
This

Well there are a lot of good deals to be had on the used guns but they go so quick that you don't really see them on the list for long. I've scored my share for sure. But you gotta get on the phone and tell them to hold it the minute you see it or it won't last. Then there's the consignors who think their gun is made of pure gold lol.
Thats a good point. Good deals wouldn't be listed. So the list is skewed toward the higher priced stuff

I'm not sure how they set their prices. It used to be interesting. I bought a 629 3" unfluted for 850$ 7 years ago. A model 36 snub square butt for 285$. There were deals to be had

If you ever want to sell it for that much just PM me and I’ll spare you the trouble of posting the listing. [smile]
Always wanted a p7m8. I’ll keep my poor mans version for a while. Ironically a lot of people I know just don’t “get it”. I.e. what’s so so special about it. It’s weird etc.

That’s the point.

Attachments

• 1FC31F06-8EB0-4EF9-BEF9-D387EEEE4C0E.png
    1FC31F06-8EB0-4EF9-BEF9-D387EEEE4C0E.png
    640.2 KB · Views: 81
Why they didnt expand again is a mystery. One of the very common, and 100% justified gripes about that store is that it's way, way to small and way, way to busy.

There are some seriously shitty gun stores in MA that are significantly larger and slower and shity overall compared to FS.

Probably because expanding isn't going to get them anything they don't already have, other than a higher rent bill. They're already highest grossing in MA by probably an order of magnitude. And have been far and away for years. Or lets put it this way, FS isnt facing a drastic sales loss by virtue of the size of the store. Think of it like going to the north end and seeing the line of tourist retards at mikes pastry. It doesn't matter that the line is too long to get relatively boring pastries, tons of people are still willing to stand in it.... so why would they change anything? It's not going to sell more pastry. The few % that graduate FS (for a variety of reasons beyond the shoebox issue) and don't or rarely come back anyways (like myself, and some other people I know) we are statistically insignificant, so what is he going to do, spend all kinds of cash to attract people that aren't coming back? [laugh]

FS has a wide spectrum to operate in, too, given that the bottom 50% of shops in MA are far worse than they are. And they have a key position geographically too, the shop is still within an hour of most of the armpit, too. I would not be shocked if a good third or more of FS customers come from the armpit to buy stuff. (most of the shops down there, absent a handful of exceptions, are absolutely terrible. )

Well there are a lot of good deals to be had on the used guns but they go so quick that you don't really see them on the list for long. I've scored my share for sure. But you gotta get on the phone and tell them to hold it the minute you see it or it won't last. Then there's the consignors who think their gun is made of pure gold lol.
Yeah, but... Y THO?

There are numerous online auction sites with a better selection and you don't have to deal with a staff of ignorant c*nts.

I'm not going to that thread where people were like "DO YOU WANT GUN SHOPS TO PAMPER YOU?"

No, but they act like they're doing the customer a favor by selling guns or ammo. I've had a good experience or two from FS but I haven't gone there in years and won't.

I could go on about my issue with FS but won't carpetbomb this thread with shitposts [laugh]

We've all made a few mistakes. My one that ranks above not buying a P7M8 is not picking up the serial number pair of 4" and 6" Boas when Lew Hortons had them in their retail shop.

That would literally haunt me for the rest of my f***ing life. Not joking.

I alway to snap up good deals. I’ve missed soooooo many over the years. And I still missed out on a lot. But I need to stop missing out.

I did score a walther TPH in .22 on a whim. Always wanted one. Glad I had cash and got a deal. Same with the P7-PSP. Right place, right time.

I alway to snap up good deals. I’ve missed soooooo many over the years. And I still missed out on a lot. But I need to stop missing out.

I did score a walther TPH in .22 on a whim. Always wanted one. Glad I had cash and got a deal. Same with the P7-PSP. Right place, right time.
You got lucky and probably won't happen during this market LOL.

A used VP9 with a $250 Vortex Venom : $1199

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

And IRT to your HK, I get it. I don't really like shooting squeeze cocker HKs but I've always wanted the P7M8 for collector reasons...

Well there are a lot of good deals to be had on the used guns but they go so quick that you don't really see them on the list for long. I've scored my share for sure. But you gotta get on the phone and tell them to hold it the minute you see it or it won't last.

It's funny you mention that, the one time I did that the gun was not held, I drove 45 mins to go get it, and it was gone. [laugh] Carl apologized for the error and then hooked me up with an LCR later on down the road. This was back in the pre deli-ticket era, though.

Then there's the consignors who think their gun is made of pure gold lol.

I still get a laugh out of that end of the clown show. I remember some f***ing guy had a $2800 uzi in the shop. That f***ing gun was literally on consignment for 10 years. Carl told me the guy finally cracked and accepted an offer from someone. [rofl]

Runner up to the Uzi was all the fags that think they can sell a Glock there with their shitty lasermax and a bunch of other garbage with it and that magically somehow people will pay an extra 500 bucks for it. There used to be more good deals in the pre deli ticket era but the post obamascare clowns ruined it.

From their email this afternoon:

We have plenty of the following in stock today and there is no need to call and reserve these items:

S&W M&P Shield EZ 9mm
S&W M&P Shield EZ 380acp
S&W Airweight revolvers (642, 637 w/laser, 642 w/laser, 442)

Ruger SR22 (black) .22LR

Ruger LCP II .22LR

Ruger Mini-14 TAC PAC
Taurus G3C

Beretta 9mm pistols

Beretta Silver Pigeon I Sporting 30”

There is some 9mm FMJ (3 box limit) and 9mm Hollow Point (1 box limit) ammunition.
(Sorry but we cannot reserve ammo)​
Thanks.

I find threads like this interesting. Based on the prices stated, my P7M13 and RPB open bolt MAC-10 (with 9mm conversion), both with extra mags, both papered, should be “worth” $5k each. I have often wondered why people sell and I guess if I could get $10k for them I might take it.

Based on the incredible volume they move, lots of people are ok with their deli ticket system, and prices.
Just because people don't know any better, doesn't it make it right. FS is a gun store primarily for new gun owners. Once someone ventures out into the real world, they never go back.

I still don't understand why people have a stick up their ass about this. Its certainly better than everyone standing around and shoving each other out of the way to get to the counter when a salesman frees up.

First time I went there they were patient and extremely helpful even on a busy Saturday morning. I probably looked at every pistol they had in the glass case. Bought my first gun and the guy spent a lot of time showing me everything I needed to know about it. Would shop there all the time if I were closer. Staff was great.

A friend consigned an HK91 at FS for $4K after lower prices were recommended by other shops. The gun was perfect (we're talking about a guy who probably uses a microscope when cleaning his guns). Eventually he got his price after several months at the shop.

If you are particularly interested in an overpriced gun, ask if it is shop owned or consignment (FS has both). You can either make an offer, or ask the shop to communicate you offer to the owner.

Also, if you check regularly use this link on the page:

1613142780676.png

It shows recent (7 days or so) and very recent (2 days) additions only so you can watch for deals.

$1200 for a VP9.... supply and demand I guess.

I have one for $1199.
This makes me appreciate my local gun shops more and more.

I mean when I got my vp9 it was last March right before covid bullshit and it was just over $700 out the door in od green

Hell, my used full sized usp was less during peak covid times

Back
Top Bottom