• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone been to fsguns lately?

A problem with many used gun listings is that sellers think they have an entitlement to add 21% (to cover the 18% consignment fee) to what the "need out of it", and do not understand that their "need" does not necessarily have anything to do with market price, nor do people expect to pay 21% more than they see private sales go for.

Last edited:
So I saw the deli counter outside but the three times I went a guy outside took your cell and you could wait in your vehicle until you were called. I think the longest I waited was 15 minutes.

Yes, this system works fairly well.

One of the 4 season's staff was making a list of names and what that person wanted to buy, either guns or ammo outside the entry door. Then I had to go back to my car and wait for them to call me to enter the store. It was maybe a half hour before I was allowed in.
You guys have been damn lucky. Twice during the COVID I went up there and twice the wait outside was well over an hour... probably 2-3 hours. I don't know exactly how long it was because both times I ended up having to leave before they even got close to calling me.

And remember when Carl had to send out the "Stay Away" e-mail because the wait grew to over 3 hours? I certainly don't blame Carl for that, but I haven't gone back since. It's a whole day wasted for me if I have to wait outside... and then ultimately I am unable to get in there.

Pre-COVID, I never had a problem and Lord knows I am no new shooter. I've been buying from Carl practically forever.

My number is 135,775,467,765,769......I think the guy with a really small head is next.........🤔
Sitting next to the guy with the little head, Isn't that the mayor of Chicago? Never say her name 3 times!

FS can be hit or miss as far as crowds. I've gone and turned around and other days i walked right in the door, no wait. Good experience every time I've been. I hope the guys all got a big bonuses for 2020. They worked they're tails off!

My point was you can either buy it new from The Mill for $700 or the same gun off the classifieds for $850 or the same gun but 25 years old and kicked down the road from FS for $850
I know. I was being a dink about Glocks price vs free state msrp price. .

Lol just stop before you embarrass yourself.... otherwise i can start post GB screengrabs. There are no $550 glocks in the marketplace now unless we're talking used guns or maybe junk nobody wants (like a g36).
6 fitty

I don’t mind FS, I’ve bought some fair priced used firearms from there over the years. I had to only wait under 10 minutes and they let me in. Before that I haven’t been there in over a year and Carl still remembered me, I appreciate that.

I was there to buy an Hk m13 “prototype” but turned out to be a bust.

Someone took an older plum slide and wielded a piece on there to make it a “prototype” long slide. It looked stupid, the first quarter of it is jet black and the rest is plum. All scratched up and could barely make out the markings. Salesman read the tag and it just came with one mag and was an Hk prototype for $3500. It sold like 3 days later.

The only one that had done a long slide properly was Bruce gray, he made a couple back in the day.

There was a rather rare HK P7M13 Sport that had a long threaded barrel with a weight bolted on (actually looked kind of ugly) that was actually made by HK and has some real collector value.

I am not aware of any HK done prototypes with a welded extension. If it came with verifiable provenance showing it came from HK that way $3500 may have been a fair price. IF.

(That't a mightly big IF)

I've bought a few guns from FS never had an issue with them. It's a little over an hour ride for me. So I never shopped there often but no issues with them. As far as price on old Glocks no frikken way. But that's up to the buyer to decide weather or not its worth it.

I don’t mind FS, I’ve bought some fair priced used firearms from there over the years. I had to only wait under 10 minutes and they let me in. Before that I haven’t been there in over a year and Carl still remembered me, I appreciate that.

I was there to buy an Hk m13 “prototype” but turned out to be a bust.

Someone took an older plum slide and wielded a piece on there to make it a “prototype” long slide. It looked stupid, the first quarter of it is jet black and the rest is plum. All scratched up and could barely make out the markings. Salesman read the tag and it just came with one mag and was an Hk prototype for $3500. It sold like 3 days later.

The only one that had done a long slide properly was Bruce gray, he made a couple back in the day.

I remember that gun! I was watching it on the used list and wondered what the story was with it. I couldn't believe when it apparently sold a few days later. Thanks for the report on that one!

There was a rather rare HK P7M13 Sport that had a long threaded barrel with a weight bolted on (actually looked kind of ugly) that was actually made by HK and has some real collector value.

I am not aware of any HK done prototypes with a welded extension. If it came with verifiable provenance showing it came from HK that way $3500 may have been a fair price. IF.

(That't a mightly big IF)

I was thinking the same or at least an sd since there are few imported. It stated on the used page as extended barrel prototype not slide.
Especially from the limited information that fs had for it. I asked if it came from Hk then why is it two different colors and not one.

I remember that gun! I was watching it on the used list and wondered what the story was with it. I couldn't believe when it apparently sold a few days later. Thanks for the report on that one!

No problem, the night I saw it posted up I called the next morning and asked them to hold it. I made it there the same afternoon and I as I was inspecting it, there was two guys waiting to see it.

Just looked stupid with black & plum

The last time I was in 4 seasons they were slammed but getting people in and out. Waited outside for about 15 minutes to get in. My father was looking for a ruger redhawk in 45 and even though they were slammed Carl took the time to look up the model on the ruger website to find the price on the gun. He was straight up with him and said he couldn't even order the gun right now because of the delays. I also worked at my old job with a guy whose 2nd job was counter staff at FS and he was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Not sure if he still works there though since I lost touch with him.

As far as his price for old glocks, from what I can tell it's the same ballpark that B&K is charging for the same vintage. Just suggesting that it's a MA gunshop thing with the old glocks rather than specific to the Woburn Deli.
There definitely not the only shop that overprices their old Glocks. That is for sure. Every now and again I'll walk into a shop and I'm always stunned by what their asking for prices.

There definitely not the only shop that overprices their old Glocks. That is for sure. Every now and again I'll walk into a shop and I'm always stunned by what their asking for prices.
Do you mean "overprices" or "charges fair market value"?

I trust you won't overprice for you house by asking market price when it is time to sell.

A problem with many used gun listings is that sellers think they have an entitlement to add 21% (to cover the 18% consignment fee) to what the "need out of it", and do not understand that their "need" does not necessarily have anything to do with market price, nor do people expect to pay 21% more than they see private sales go for.

And that good sir is exactly how the capital markets function day after day

I've stopped in pre covid to see what the hype was about, all I saw was butts to nuts standing room only, over packed and over priced merchandise.
Not worth the hassle with many other shops available.

My only gripe with 4 seasons is when the S&W Victory .22 first came out 4 Season's web page said to call and reserve one and they'd call back when they got them in.
I called and the guy said they were way too busy to take reservations for guns.
I'm kind of glad it worked out that way because I ended up finding one in-stock at Collector's for $75 less.
I bought mine on GB last year , won the auction at $270 ( what a steal ). I really like the Victory , especially once I put the Tandemkross trigger and hammer in it.

Went to FS late PM yesterday. Helping a newly minted LTC owner get their first gun. Store was busy, but went right in. Did the 4473 kiosk and got hep right away. Went smoothly, but surprised the staff didn't run them thru the safeties, dis-assemblies etc for a SR-22. I showed them the ropes and we did a first cleaning together when we got back to my place. Glad I didn't pay the 15 cents a round for .22 lr.

Always used to buy from them many, many years ago, but Moved to Stoneham and found Collectors Gallery in Stoneham to be cheaper for ammo prices. Like $5 bucks a box lower for 9mm, when there wasn’t a panic and $10-$20 less for a brick of CCI standard velocity, again pre-panic prices.

I will stop by every once in a while, or when only in the area, just so I don’t miss anything ... but their prices are just too much ...

Always used to buy from them many, many years ago, but Moved to Stoneham and found Collectors Gallery in Stoneham to be cheaper for ammo prices. Like $5 bucks a box lower for 9mm, when there wasn’t a panic and $10-$20 less for a brick of CCI standard velocity, again pre-panic prices.

I will stop by every once in a while, or when only in the area, just so I don’t miss anything ... but their prices are just too much ...
Collectors is cheaper than 4 seasons for Ammo? Wtf? Everytime I walk into Collectors I see overpriced ammo from the 80s that has been repriced a dozen times

Collectors is cheaper than 4 seasons for Ammo? Wtf? Everytime I walk into Collectors I see overpriced ammo from the 80s that has been repriced a dozen times
Lol the only thing that I have ever gotten from Collector's is the stink eye. I get the impression they don't like selling guns.

Back
Top Bottom