• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone ankle holster carry a Shield M&P

Don't think that would work without being noticable. I have an LCP and that hides farely well but I can tell it is there and any keen observer also would know. The average person wouldn't notice it. I have a shield and I never tried it but I know it would show big time.

Calves/ankles=Cankles

Hard to argue with that math. Although the Shield is slim, it is pretty heavy. I cant imagine that you'd be able to comfortably ankle carry one and go about your day without thinking about it. YMMV

I once carried a S&W Model 60 in an ankle holster with a thumb snap retention strap. While running the little revolver came out and preceded me down the street. I gave up on ankle holsters.

I carried a S&W 442 in an ankle holster, but the bulge in the middle where the cylinder is tended to cant the grip towards my calf and was uncomfortable. The weight of it won't bother you much after 2-3 days, it's more of getting it comfortable on your leg. Been thinking about giving it another shot, might try it with my G26. The lack of bulges on that gun will probably work better for me.

what brand do you use?
I am ashamed to say an Uncle Mike's ankle holster. The holster sits on the top of my boots taking all the weight. I have stretched it out enough that it works well. Not my ideal carry but during work it is the best choice for what I do.

PS: I can run, jump and fight with it.... It may turn a little to the side but the gun stays put in the holster.

I ankle carry a shield with a DeSantis holster. The holster sits on top of my 9" work boots , so it's not really ankle carry, it's more like calf carry. I wear dickie's work pants and they hide it well. It's very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom