Anyone alse read this?

I'm not sure what his point was. And why did he title it 'Why I own an assault rifle' and then never answer his own question?

So anyone can blog about anything (with or without knowledge) and I am supposed to care?

He can pray all he wants. But for someone who only shot a few thousand rounds in this lifetime, and doesn't even have his LLC, I think he is just talking out of his arse to increase his post counts.

Last edited:
Time and again people on the pro gun side of the debate are on TV being interviewed and NONE of them will say that it could have been prevented by a few legally armed citizens. If guns are so freaking useless, why do the police carry them? I mean it seems to be common knowledge that guns are incapable of stopping an active shooter.

A lot of the "regular" pro-gun people go around spouting CCW could have stopped it stuff all the time. I do fully support and agree that CCW gives the "good guys" a chance, but it is much further from a guarantee than I think a lot of the pro-gun crowd would like to think. What it comes down to is pre-planned coordinated attack vs possible couple CCW holders, likely with little to no practice or training VS. pre-planned coordinated attack vs 0 chance of anyone being armed unless a cop happens to be there. I'll take the former, but all the former is is a fighting chance. I can greatly change those odds for my OWN situations by guaranteeing I always have someone decently trained with a gun where I am (me), and if I am with any of my friends, you're talking 2, 3, 4, or 5 guys who are all armed and practice regularly. If you yourself are relying on other people to have a gun and know how to use it (I've heard this before from friends) than good luck.

As to the rest of this guys "blog post..." garbage

Mike

What a jackass.

His sweeping generalizations about people with carry permits at the end (of the Fox article) really put him over the top.

He's only fired a self estimated few thousand rounds of ammo, owns just 4 guns, and some how thinks he's qualified to speak on the qualifications, mindset, ability, and attitude of everyone else who carries concealed in the rest of the nation? [rolleyes] GMAFB.

"Unless you’ve trained with the exact weapons system you’re carrying, you’ll miss. It takes hundreds of hours with a firearm to really be proficient. Do you know what you’d do if it jams? Can you reload before the last round leaves your chamber? How many rounds in your magazine? Have you even practiced drawing your weapon if it’s concealed?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/07/26/why-own-assault-rifle/#ixzz21lRquxyg"

seriously?

he does go on to say that it would be bad to ban assault rifles

It really pisses me of that these media folk keep calling these rifles "Assault Rifles". If I'm not mistaken, for a gun to be considered an assault weapon, it needs select fire capability. Not collapsible stocks or flash hiders or being evil-looking. They just use the term to be dramatic obviously. But it's not like the media acts dramatic all the time, right? Right?.............[wink]

Last edited:
Well, you can shut up about assault weapons, and you can shut up about this guy's opinion, and you can shut up about....... well, you get the picture![laugh]

Meh, it is an obnoxious term but I think through use it has come to mean civilian versions of modern military firearms.

Mike

Unless you put it in the trunk of a police cruiser....then it's a "patrol" rifle.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I clicked the link but didn't bother reading the story, the comments here determined it was a waste of time.

Once I saw opening photo with caption, I knew right away someone was talking out their ass. [rolleyes]

cartridges_061910.jpg

In this June 19, 2010 file photo, AK-47 assault rifle cartridges fill a box at a gun and knife show in White Plains, N.Y. (AP)

Why can't they ever get the word "magazine" correct.

At least they didn't call them "clips".

[sad2]

Why did I read that...

Exactly! This guy is a morron.
1. Texas is not tghe only open carry state. How about NH or mN?
2. If in fact it is leagal to canceal in CO then the shooter was just lucky that the "carriers" didn't feel danger to themselves and their loved ones (most gunowners say that). Because if they did they would shoot him dead. The only reason they didn't is because they didn't want to end up in Zimmerman's situation. "The red headed guy would not discharge any more rounds if you didn't kill him. He would go to church and ask for forgiveness...."
So the only thing at fault here is our attitude and therefore the law.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Rasper, he says Texas is the only state that Open Carry is ILLEGAL.

Even if you train with your gun, you do it until you get it right. Police and military do it until they don’t get it wrong. You’re just not ready like they are to use your gun.

Proof he doesn't know what he's talking about. Most cops shoot little more than their annual qualifying shots. A study about 5 years ago show police have about a 5% hit percentage in shootings. I've talked to departments that allow officers to log "on the clock" hours at local ranges, upto 10 hours / month and been told fewer than 5 max out their allotment and more than half have never logged an hour at the range outside of annual qualifying - and that's officers who are paid to go practice at the range.

Of course, the blog is a lot better than the Fox News summary.

A lot of the "regular" pro-gun people go around spouting CCW could have stopped it stuff all the time.

All the shootings are in Gun free zones, why? Because the F'en Pussies want defenselessly victim. As soon as shooters have resistance. They either stop or shoot themselves. The benefit of CCW is not only the action you take, but the actions you prevent

Additional note:

1) Author is wrong in stating that he owns an "assault rifle," since the conventional definition of that term requires full auto.

2) Also wrong that Texas is the only state that permits concealed but forbids open carry.

As with some others, I'm not sure I see the point of this story.

Back
Top Bottom