Anyone a member of USCCA?

I've been getting lots of emails from them recently. Hannity is always shilling for them on his radio show on XM.

I'm a USCCA Platinum Member, have been for a couple of years. IANAL but I am a licensed insurance agent and in my opinion their product is far superior to NRA Carry Guard.

I'm a USCCA Platinum Member, have been for a couple of years. IANAL but I am a licensed insurance agent and in my opinion their product is far superior to NRA Carry Guard.
NRA Carry Guard requires you front all legal fees for your defense and pays only if you are found not guilty and do not cut a deal to a lesser charge like double parking while the defensive action was occurring. USCCA pays up front.

NRA Carry Guard requires you front all legal fees for your defense and pays only if you are found not guilty and do not cut a deal to a lesser charge like double parking while the defensive action was occurring. USCCA pays up front.

So basically if you're a USCCA member I presume you get some kind of a card with a 1800 number to call and then an attorney eventually appears?

-Mike

Gold member, I was a silver for about a year and a half and they upgraded me for free to gold. Cost stayed the same as I was paying for the silver. It does seem to be the best one on the market. From the upfront cost payout to, any attorney you select, not forced to use a network attorney like health insurance. The one number to call and they will call down a list to notify people, and send someone to bail you out.
For 20 bucks a month, I spend more than that on coffee.

How many gun rights cases has the USCCA defended and or won in the courts? What is the USCCA's position on defending the 2A in legal actions?
good question on your first, don't know. Watch the episode for answer on your second question. I would like to know how many members have accessed their benefits in a gun case.

Is this true? I tried to read the fine print and don't recall seeing anything funny. If that's true I'm going to cancel.

Is this true? I tried to read the fine print and don't recall seeing anything funny. If that's true I'm going to cancel.

There are two basic components to both programs, the Civil Liability portion and the Legal Defense portion.

The Civil Liability portion is what pays if the family of the perp sues you for bodily injury and they will, regardless how justified the shooting was. Even if you're found not guilty of criminal charges you could still be found legally liable (just like OJ was in the murder of Nicole, not guilty of murder but civilly responsible for wrongful death). The liability portion works like just about any liability policy: The insurance policy pays to defend you from a civil lawsuit and they are allowed to settle out of court on your behalf up to the policy limit.

The Criminal Defense portion provides for the legal costs involved in a criminal prosecution and here's where the two plans differ greatly: NRA Carry Guard's legal protection works on a reimbursement basis, they'll pay 20% of the legal benefit up front and reimburse the rest IF you're found not guilty*. USCCA works on a legal retainer basis and pays first Dollar defense costs either way, they also have a network of lawyers to defend you.

* If there are criminal charges there's a high likelihood you'll end up pleading to lesser charges which would result in NRA not covering the legal defense.

Here are a couple links you might find helpful:

USCCA Review [2018]: Why I Chose Them Over NRA Carry Guard - Pew Pew Tactical
Self-Defense Shield And Carry Guard: Two Different Programs Compared
USCCA Elite CCW Insurance Versus NRA Carry Guard Gold Plus - Misfires And Light Strikes

Last edited:
How many gun rights cases has the USCCA defended and or won in the courts? What is the USCCA's position on defending the 2A in legal actions?

That would be hard to tell, as uscaa is not the defending attorney. They are an insurance agency, they provide the money to the attorney you choose for your defense. That's akin to asking how well geico or commerce are in repairing the car. Geico or commerce just hand over the check to the autobody shop you pick to do the work.

Yes; I have their coverage, am instructor, and a member.

The coverage (which I do not sell or get any kickbacks from) is probably the best carry coverage you can get (beats the pants of NRA and obviously I'm a member and instructor there too)... but it is limited, as is any carry coverage, by not being stupid and always looking for every means to avoid conflict OTHER than drawing a weapon. If you draw down you're going to court, period. Your life will suck. No card/insurance can fix that, unless your name is Clinton or Kennedy.

Another bit of trivia: The NRA policy is invalid in gun free ones. I don't know if this is limited to "by law" zones, or if a small sign you did not notice or restaurant chain policy will give the NRA enough wiggle room to deny a claim.

Did any of you USCCA members, or others, look at CCW Life prior to joining UCSSA?

I'm not familiar with CCW Life, but I get my USCCA coverage (super premium) through work.

I know that the boss said NRA ranked the worst under Second Call, and that CCWSafe was not an option since it only covered criminal and not civil.

FWIW if you're required to carry a firearm for work, NO insurance will cover you while you're working. If it is merely recommended that you carry a firearm, you will be covered by USCCA, but not NRA or Second Call. Can't say either way with regards to CCWSafe but again that only covers criminal defense, not civil, or any outside-of-court costs. USCCA will even take care of lost wages up to a point. It's a great all around service - but again, you're ****'ed if you need it, this is just good lube.

FWIW if you're required to carry a firearm for work, NO insurance will cover you while you're working.

If you’re required to carry a firearm for work your employer’s liability policy will cover you for any work related incidents. That’s no different than any personal liability coverage (homeowners, umbrella) which will also exclude coverage for work related activities.

If you’re required to carry a firearm for work your employer’s liability policy will cover you for any work related incidents. That’s no different than any personal liability coverage (homeowners, umbrella) which will also exclude coverage for work related activities.
Better check the policy. I may only cover the employer for its liability. One key is whom would be considered the client by the attorney supplied by the insurance company - you or your employer. Most "gun carry" jobs are low level, and the employees are expendable.

Back
Top Bottom