• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone a member at Woburn?

Do they host any open houses? I would love a chance to meet some folks check out the facility and join the club.

Woburn Sportsmen in Bedford or Mass Rifle in Woburn? If Woburn Sportsmen you can shoot me a PM. WSA hosts an Open House, but I believe it is usually in August.

if MRA, the office is open Wednesdays evenings and Sunday mornings. They are happy to give tours, etc.

If that doesn't work, shoot me a PM and I'm happy to show you around [grin]

if MRA, the office is open Wednesdays evenings and Sunday mornings. They are happy to give tours, etc.

If that doesn't work, shoot me a PM and I'm happy to show you around [grin]
Def looking at MRA! Will def stop in on a wed night

Booo! Wrong choice! [wink]
LOL sorry

to be honest I didn't even realize there was a club in Bedford. There are so many out there. I live in Lincoln but shoot with guys from Andover, Framingham, rockland, woburn and New Hampshire.

just trying to find something central to all of us

Last edited:
LOL sorry

to be honest I didn't even realize there was a club in Bedford. There are so many out there. I live in Lincoln but shoot with guys from Andover, Framingham, rockland, woburn and New Hampshire.

I live in Wayland. I'm a member at Wayland Gun Club and Harvard Sportsmen's.

Given a choice between MRA and Woburn Sportsmen's, I'd take Harvard Sportsmen's, particularly if you have an interest in defensive shooting or action shooting (USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge).

LOL sorry

Well offer still stands if you are interested in a tour.

I'm having my 2nd reading this Thursday in Bedford. Woburn sportsmen's is a great club with some of the best people I have ever met there. If all goes well I will be a fully fledged member in less than a week!

I'm having my 2nd reading this Thursday in Bedford. Woburn sportsmen's is a great club with some of the best people I have ever met there. If all goes well I will be a fully fledged member in less than a week!

I should be there Thursday as well. Always good to have some more NES'ers around the club.

i'm a member of mass rifle assoc in woburn. they are very strict about gun handling as everyone should. but its almost like they purposely try to make you nervous and very unwelcoming well not all of board when taking test. they also make you wait to shoot outside for 6 months. not alot to offer but convenience is key.

I'm looking to join WSA in Bedford. I have a sponsor but he is an archery guy and can't answer my questions about rifle and pistol. Anyone a member here that is familiar with the rules/regulations?

I too am looking to get a chance to tour M R @ Woburn. I'm in the Burlington area and would like a near by place to shoot. Is there a website for me to look at?

What are the indoor pistol range hours at WSA? I live right down the road and I'm looking for a club to join. I was hoping for something with 24hr access, but could live spotlight it if I head to

Sent from my A500 via cans and string

What are the indoor pistol range hours at WSA? I live right down the road and I'm looking for a club to join. I was hoping for something with 24hr access, but could live spotlight it if I head to

This thread split between Mass Rifle (which is in Woburn) and Woburn Sportsmen's (which isn't) is confusing!

The WSA indoor ranges are open 6am-midnight. (Keycards stop working promptly at midnight, so don't leave your car keys behind!)

If it's relevant, the MRA indoor ranges are open 24/7.

I'd love a tour of either of these facilities if anyone is willing. I live in Burlington and both seem like good choices.

I'm a member of each.

I have a super (but not infinitely) flexible schedule, send me a message if'n you want a tour or two.

Each club has its advantages. WSA (in Bedford) has better outdoor facilities in all respect but one: five stand. But the indoor range is time limited, and restricted to handguns in non-magnum calibers and rimfire guns. WSA's archery facilities are *really* good, both indoor and outdoor. You can shoot shotgun any time the sun is up with your own thrower, and the 50/100/200 Y range has good pits, has covered shooting line, and they don't get super twitchy if you load more than one round. There's a black powder range filled with old coots who smoke and tell jokes and have a grand old time, and a 30'/25Y/50Y outdoor pistol range for any rimfire or any non-rifle caliber handgun.

MRA (in Woburn) has a 25Y indoor range that's open 24x7 and you can shoot anything you want, so long as it's not 50BMG, a shotgun with shot (slugs are OK), or incindiary/tracer. Because it's in an urban area, they're really careful/restrictive/twitchy about outdoor shooting, so the 100/200Y range requires shooting though tubes, one shot loaded at a time, and everyone has to shoot from the same position (sitting/prone, bench, or offhand) because of the way the range is set up. It's a little annoying, but makes sense given where they are. They also have a 50' outdoor range that's pretty good, and a 50y outdoor range you have to qualify for (see "urban" above) the 50Y range is actually pretty nice though. The shotgun sports are limited to steel shot only, and you have to buy the shot from the club to make sure you're using steel only. It's an EPA thing. What that really means is the trap/5 stand field is only open when there's an event/regular practice. The cost of the ammo includes the cost of the targets and everything, so it's not as onerous as it sounds. I think it's trap on Saturday mornings, 5 stand on Sundays. 5 stand is wicked fun. There's some week day shotgun stuff too, I think, but I don't know the details or schedule. Archery at WSA is fine, but nothing special. They also have a 50' indoor range for air and .22LR only. I like that range because the yahoos never shoot there. :)

Back
Top Bottom