• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody here from Lowell ?

Porto

NES Member
I'm going up to Lowell on Saturday and was wondering if there are any gunshops in the area?

Thank you,
Nelson

AG is good people and occasionally have very good prices on guns. Accessories and ammo...not so much.

I think their best deal is if you take their LTC class they will let you buy one gun at wholesale, which is frankly the best deal I'm aware of on a new gun.

They are on Andover St (rte 133) about one block from rte 28

You've got A&G right in Lowell (Andover/Church St, just West of Nesmith/rt 38) and you'll likely be driving almost past Four Seasons on your way up. Those are the two closest in. There's Gun and Sport North in Lawrence, just a couple towns over, and if you're into older firearms and mil-surplus, you can drive just north of the border to Collectors in Pelham (122 Bridge St, Pelham, NH right on rt 38 before the Hannaford plaza/chunky's movie theater.)

I was in AG 2 weeks ago and was surprised at how few guns they had. Not much in the cases for handguns and even less on the racks for rifles & shotguns.

went to AG guns myself this weekend. Had to say I felt like I was a criminal... I think the guy behind the counter thought I was gonna rob the place, anything but customer oriented. Maybe if i had walked in with cash taped to my for head it might have been different.

Maybe I went on a "bad day"... But was not overwhelmed with the selection of handguns. Good selection of long guns though.

On a side note, I also visited Frank and Tiny in Tyngsboro, about 10 minutes away..

34 Westech Dr Tyngsboro, MA 01879

I felt like i was family in less than 3 minutes... VERY small shop but worth a trip just for the conversation... He did have a nice 1914 Colt.... to much $$ for me, as well as some other nice specimens. Ammo prices we reasonableish..

Last edited:
went to AG guns myself this weekend. Had to say I felt like I was a criminal... I think the guy behind the counter thought I was gonna rob the place, anything but customer oriented.

My first purchase from AG.... I was parked over two blocks away from the store. (I didn't know that I could park in front of the store on the main street) When I left after purchasing a pistol, I had that new acquisition unwrapped, loaded and ready to bear before I got back to my car. It's Lowell after all, so I can understand how Dennis (?) might react to a new face in the store!! (humor!!!)

All jokes aside, I think they are a great set of guys up there and like with any relationship, both parties gotta work on it.

Yup AG is a winner in my book. I've bought many a gun there but haven't been in for at least 3 months. [thinking]

They have a case in the front window of random used and new stuff - holsters, mags, gun cases, etc. I've found some interesting items in that case.

It's nice to have the staff recognize you, and in my case remember the last gun I bought, when you walk in the door. I usually spend a good amount of time BS'ing with the guys before I leave.

I was in AG 2 weeks ago and was surprised at how few guns they had. Not much in the cases for handguns and even less on the racks for rifles & shotguns.

My experience has been that they usually don't have what I want in stock. However, they can get it in less than a week and their price is usually better than anyone else. If you know what you want have them order it. If you want to browse go somewhere else. Their price on 10/22's, ruger mkIII's , and ruger 22/45 were the best I could find.

Back
Top Bottom