• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody have the new Mass compliant SIG 1911?

I have not owned one, but their reputation over on 1911-centric forums is not all that great. For that price, S&W makes a more uniform product.

I didn't like the Sig 1911 I shot up in Manchester. Thing was digging into my hand bigtime and very uncomfortable to shoot. It was the only 1911 I had shot at the time and I was getting nervous that I might just not like a terribly popular gun design, but I shot a Springfield Armory and Colt 1911 last weekend and liked them both a lot. I am a huge Sig fan but I would keep looking if you want a 1911.

When the GSR first appeared they had a poor reputation for quirky reliability problems. A friend of mine who works at SIG has assured me they have fixed all the issues and the current examples are fine.
However IMO SIG should have identified these issues from the get go & I feel it has tarnished the GSR's reputation.

Back
Top Bottom