• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody have a Lee Breech Lock Challenger Press??

mcimma

NES Member
I just setup my press and decapped/resized approximately 50 .308 cases. My problem is the spent primer tube. About 40 of the 50 old primers ended up on my floor and not in the tube....

Any suggestions??????????

You must have the primer arm cup installed (right side) and the little square aluminum shield must be installed (left side) to catch the spent primers and direct them down the chute. I made the mistake of not installing the shield when I first set mine up...
It would be nice if they included a sheet with 2 or 3 pictures to point out these simple but frustrating steps as this is usually a first timers press (but you will keep it forever for its usefullness).

I do not have the primer arm installed. I thought I only needed that if I were to use the automatic primer feeder. I will try that and see if it resolves my problem...

Thanks Guys!!

+1 to what stickfight said. if the arm is not in there, the primer will most likely fall through the piston then to the right side unstead of the left

I am considering getting the Lee Challenger breech lock single stage press: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=423081
Does anyone have experience with this kit? For $90 it looks like a pretty good value.

I know there are going to be a ton of people telling me to get a Dillon progressive press... but this is about 1/4 of the cost. I could buy a new gun with the price difference...

I am considering getting the Lee Challenger breech lock single stage press: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=423081
Does anyone have experience with this kit? For $90 it looks like a pretty good value.

I know there are going to be a ton of people telling me to get a Dillon progressive press... but this is about 1/4 of the cost. I could buy a new gun with the price difference...

i have that kit, some of the parts are questionable. like the scale and primer tools. also, remember that a single stage is MUCH slower than a progressive. i rip about 100 .40S&W rounds per hour on this press.

you will hear alot of talk about the lee, but imo for the price it gets the job done. just slowly.

If the primers were crimped or sealed in place they may have exited the case with a little extra velocity than normal.

I just setup my press and decapped/resized approximately 50 .308 cases. My problem is the spent primer tube. About 40 of the 50 old primers ended up on my floor and not in the tube....

Any suggestions??????????

Back
Top Bottom