• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody have a boat?

Shane

Banned
While not a dues paying NES member, I had an idea for a good get together.

If multiple NES'rs have boats near Boston, or can get their boat to Boston Harbor, we could have a group campout on a Boston Harbor island.

When I was younger, and my dad USED to own a boat at a yacht club off Granite Ave @ Quincy/Dorchester line where there is a drawbridge. One time, our whole yacht club went to Lovells Island and camped out. It was a lot of fun.

Probably no shooting, probably no guns whatsoever...but good outdoor fun for all.

Lovells Island @ Wikipedia

Are you guys planning to lose your guns in a tragic boating accident just in case Devil starts banning stuff? [wink]

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/metroboston/harbor.htm

Camping

Overnight camping is permited only on designated islands, including Grape, Bumpkin, Lovells and Peddocks, from late June to early September. Camping is by reservation only and a fee is charged. Camping on the islands is a primitive camping experience. Weather conditions are variable and temperatures in the harbor are usually cooler than those on the mainland. There is no water or food available on the islands, so please plan accordingly. See ferry information above for transportation to the islands. Camping on Grape, Bumpkin, Lovells and Peddocks: To reserve campsites on Grape, Bumpkin, Lovells or Peddocks Island call toll free 1-877-422-6762 or reserve on the web at www.reserveamerica.com.

Nope but I'll be there if ya need me brother!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<...............................

Propguy:)

I wanted to do a kayak trip from Plum Island in Newburyport to Plum Cove in Gloucester this past year. I figured it would take two days with a camp on the back side of Cranes Beach.

Granted you can not land a craft at Plum Cove, but about a mile away is Lane's Cove where you can land a boat.

I would be up for some "gunk holing" (boat camping) during the summer of '07.

Back
Top Bottom