• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody ever order from rockyourglock.

Looking for an alternative to glockstore/glockmeister to order a few aftermarket parts I've had nothing but problems with the former. I'm looking for a stainless guide rod and possibly a trigger job. What is a safe trigger pull for a carry glock? Any NH recommendations for who to have install a new trigger as well? I have the extended slide release already any other upgrades suggested? Have about 100$ I'm willing to spend on little things.

Always heard 5-6 lbs is good for a carry then again its what your comfortable with. I wouldn't want something to light on a pistol with no positive safety but that's just me.

I want it around 4.5 like my sig was but I'm fine with 5.5 I just want it smoother. Maybe the trigger overtravel protector and a .25 cent trigger Job?

Lou at Business End Customs in Peabody, MA did the trigger on my carry G23. Excellent work and highly recommend him. Bit of a drive from Hooksett, but well worth it.

Lou at Business End Customs in Peabody, MA did the trigger on my carry G23. Excellent work and highly recommend him. Bit of a drive from Hooksett, but well worth it.

Lou is very good but if the OP doesn't have a non-res LTC that won't be an option...at least not driving it there.

I have the ghost rocket connector, NY 1 trigger spring, and .25 trigger job in mine. Its a smooth (firmer) pull up to wall, and a 4 to 4.5 pound break. There is a Guy selling 2 in classifieds for 15$ and the ny1 spring is cheap on brownells.

i can do glock trigger jobs at a fair price. ask anyone i have sold a glock to, they all have had carry jobs done. purchase the rocket trigger kit. it comes with. striker spring, plunger spring and a glock tool. the connector needs some grinding down but i can do it. its hard to do on your own because if you grind too far, your ****ed.

anyway, pick up an extended mag catch, extended slide lock, and pick upa custom backplate for the slide. if you really wanna get crazy you can pick up tungston recoil spring or a titanium striker. also you can pick up some maritime spring cups.

rockyourglock is awesome btw. pm me if you have any other questions...

You're not ****ed if you grind it too far, you'll just have a wee bit more over travel. We are talking about the TCT right? I've had to take 70% of the damn thing off on every Glock I've done.

Chamberous, is 4 too low I think I'd want to stay at 4.5. I have an extended slide release in it already, and I think I'm fine with the mag release. I've heard good and bad things about the ghost kit quality control. I really just want a steady trigger pull with a crisper break like my sig had.

Chamberous, is 4 too low I think I'd want to stay at 4.5. I have an extended slide release in it already, and I think I'm fine with the mag release. I've heard good and bad things about the ghost kit quality control. I really just want a steady trigger pull with a crisper break like my sig had.

nahh. by g26 is ~ 3.75ish

You're not ****ed if you grind it too far, you'll just have a wee bit more over travel. We are talking about the TCT right? I've had to take 70% of the damn thing off on every Glock I've done.

the rocket connector has to be grinded down to a certain length. ive grinded too far once and the trigger won't engage. thething i like about ghost is you can send it back if this happens and they.will replace it for free.

the rocket connector has to be grinded down to a certain length. ive grinded too far once and the trigger won't engage. thething i like about ghost is you can send it back if this happens and they.will replace it for free.

I'm not sure what the problem was, but it wasn't that you ground the TCT too far. Once the trigger breaks, all that bar does is keep the trigger bar from continuing to move back any farther, which also aids in reset. I wont derail thread any more, but you could grind it all the way off, and you'd just have a regular ghost connector.

Most likely, it was bent at wrong angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a white hat holster, I'm just worried my gun my snag something going into the holster and I don't want a ND into my leg lol.

get a better holster if your worried about that! it could be a ten pound trigger, if it gets snagged, it will fire... depending on where it snags. glock also has that safe action system too.

yes, hard chrome finish is reasonably priced and came out nice.

Looking for an alternative to glockstore/glockmeister to order a few aftermarket parts I've had nothing but problems with the former. I'm looking for a stainless guide rod and possibly a trigger job. What is a safe trigger pull for a carry glock? Any NH recommendations for who to have install a new trigger as well? I have the extended slide release already any other upgrades suggested? Have about 100$ I'm willing to spend on little things.

I have ordered a bunch of stuff from RYG, nevery any issues with them. One story on the SS guide rods, I bought one for my G19 and I after I intalled in the gun it would shoot to the left...I mean waaay left to the point where I had no more windage adjustment. I put the original guide rod back in, readjusted the sights and it was right back to where it was originally. Why It did that I don't know, I never really put any effort into figuring out why but my take away from that experience was just leave it the way it was! The only thing I change now is the slide release as it's easier for me to manipulate. I swapped barrels on my 19 and 20 just so I could shoot lead out of them.

Back
Top Bottom