• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody else happy marijuana is legal in MA?

As is the case with home distilling.
Is that the going rate in weed-legal states? I have read that MA dispensaries will not even reveal prices to anyone without a MM card, making it impossible for a prospective patient to determine if he can afford it before going to the trouble.

I don't know about buying weed by the ounce, but my friend showed me the price of medical edibles in CA (not subsidized by insurance) and 4 "servings" were on par with the cost of a 6 pack of good beer.

What does your opinion have to do with other people's rights to make decisions for themselves without government intervention?

Nothing. Expressing an opinion doesn't trample the rights of others, no matter what dictators and Democrats think. Worry when opinions turn into actions.

We are randomly tested at work and that won't change so I have no dog in this fight. The only thing I don't understand is at $480.00 an ounce how will that stop the illegal weed? I would think it would create a bigger black market.

I believe the black market price is similar, so people prefer to pay the same or a bit more and get a quality product from a legal source. But obviously, if you overtax it too much, you run into that issue.

Of course, this only matters if you are concerned about MA making the maximum revenue.

Do you people that worry about employee drug screening have any idea how simple it is to pass a piss test?

I knew guys in the army that would toke up in the barracks and always passed the test.

Hopefully employers will smarten up, realize that just about everyone smokes and cut the crap

So after Dec.15 2016 we can legally grow cannabis. I wonder how long it will be before we see a Karma for a cannabis plant or an ounce of the green stuff since you can give up to an ounce to someone for free.

So after Dec.15 2016 we can legally grow cannabis. I wonder how long it will be before we see a Karma for a cannabis plant or an ounce of the green stuff since you can give up to an ounce to someone for free.

Legislators are actively trying to block that date and have promised to ban home growing.

The stuff is still illegal under federal law, so I think even if the MA law is not complely gutted, it's not a good idea to mix guns and weed.

We are randomly tested at work and that won't change so I have no dog in this fight. The only thing I don't understand is at $480.00 an ounce how will that stop the illegal weed? I would think it would create a bigger black market.

I don't know if the black market would be bigger. Probably about the same size. Even with things like tobacco and alcohol being legal everywhere people still try to get around paying the taxes and duties on them.

As is the case with home distilling.
Is that the going rate in weed-legal states? I have read that MA dispensaries will not even reveal prices to anyone without a MM card, making it impossible for a prospective patient to determine if he can afford it before going to the trouble.

probably for the very high end stuff. It looks like the prices of legal weed are about the same as illegal weed. Sure you can still buy an ounce of mexican brick dirt weed for $120 but kind bud ranges from 250-500 an ounce illegally.

Doesn't use make you a prohibited person?

pretty sure it does and you would have to lie on any FFL pirchase on the 4473? form question E.
I dont know what happens on the state level in MA. I know one friend who has his medical card and grown license...the chief of police told him come renewal for FID he would not even run the aplication.
So he sold his 3 22s and enjoys his weed.

pretty sure it does and you would have to lie on any FFL pirchase on the 4473? form question E.
I dont know what happens on the state level in MA. I know one friend who has his medical card and grown license...the chief of police told him come renewal for FID he would not even run the aplication.
So he sold his 3 22s and enjoys his weed.

Yup, this is correct, due to federal law.

Yup, this is correct, due to federal law.

While true, for most people that smoke weed this is irrelevant unless they're mentally retarded and do the equivalent of blowing pot smoke in the FFL or police chief's face. [rofl] As more states decrim and not even require a med. card (which should be protected patient info anyways) this caveat on the 4473 becomes more and more meaningless.

-Mike

I havent bought a gun in a while,but doesn't the 4473 ask you that question in the present tense ?

It asks are you a user,not have you ever used...So,as long as you didn't get stoned the day of purchase,you are good to go !!

Form 4473 said:
Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Quit yesterday. Started again the day after buying the gun. No lie there.

And given that it's not addictive, no problem there either.

what if you just don't identify as someone who uses it?

You're still commiting a felony by perjuring yourself on a 4473, but the odds of getting convicted for that are between slim and none. Hell BATFE doesn't even
prosecute a shitload of known straw buyers nevermind the stuff on the form. Not to mention there are thousands of people every year in the US that fill out a 4473 and get a denial that lie on the form and fail a background check, and they never get arrested either, unless they have big open warrants out on them or something.

-Mike

While true, for most people that smoke weed this is irrelevant unless they're mentally retarded and do the equivalent of blowing pot smoke in the FFL or police chief's face. [rofl] As more states decrim and not even require a med. card (which should be protected patient info anyways) this caveat on the 4473 becomes more and more meaningless.

-Mike

The legislators want to register home growers, if they arent able to outright ban it, (with a big fee I assume), so this would be an issue.

The legislators want to register home growers, if they arent able to outright ban it, (with a big fee I assume), so this would be an issue.

Yeah, if there are pot smoking gun owners dumb enough to fill out that paperwork (and it obviously will get shared with the kopsch) that would be an obvious issue.

-Mike

Yeah, if there are pot smoking gun owners dumb enough to fill out that paperwork (and it obviously will get shared with the kopsch) that would be an obvious issue.

-Mike

There is a funny meme in here somewhere. Something like a state border with a NH liquor store on one side and a MA dope store on the other.

I still suspect that this is all going to blow up in our face somehow. Look at how the state treats people in regards to s clearly enumerated right (guns).

My bet is that in 5 years the taxes on grass will be so high that most people will be priced out of it (for the children. "If it's expensive they won't smoke it!") and to prevent black market actors, it will be a felony to sell non state weed.

Last edited:
My bet is that in 5 years the taxes on grass will be so high that most people will be priced out of it (for the children. "If it's expensive they won't smoke it!") and to prevent black market actors, it will be a felony to sell non state weed.

In CO somehow or another they managed to calibrate the tax rape so that, while rapey (although they have a different tax tier for medial MJ I think) the price of the weed isn't much more than the street level, and the weed is apparently much higher quality.

-Mike

In CO somehow or another they managed to calibrate the tax rape so that, while rapey (although they have a different tax tier for medial MJ I think) the price of the weed isn't much more than the street level, and the weed is apparently much higher quality.

-Mike

Yeah, but that actually sounds smart and completely reasonable. In other words, MA will do the exact opposite. My best friend is an occasional toker and he was saying that the street dope now is all basically the medical grade stuff and while it's expensive, I guess it's still reasonable.

MA will look at this as tax evasion or something and use a hefty jail sentence (or more likely astrological fines) to keep all but the bravest crooks out of the black market.

Yeah, but that actually sounds smart and completely reasonable. In other words, MA will do the exact opposite. My best friend is an occasional toker and he was saying that the street dope now is all basically the medical grade stuff and while it's expensive, I guess it's still reasonable.

MA will look at this as tax evasion or something and use a hefty jail sentence (or more likely astrological fines) to keep all but the bravest crooks out of the black market.

Exactly, this stuff sells itself. As long as the price us not insane, people will want to buy from a store and not some scumbag. CO has made so much money - but MA will find a way to screw it up.

I'd still rather buy it from a guy I know or grow my own just to stiff the state on the taxes. Hypothetically.

Of course, but lots of people don't know dealers and are too lazy/dumb to grow their own. Kinda like home brewing. Hypothetically. Again, CO is selling lots of legal weed.

New wording:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Maybe Team Trump will fix this

Back
Top Bottom