Any way to see all of the FA-10s that I have filed in MA?

I've lived in MA for years and I have forgotten a few of which guns I brought with me when I moved and which ones I did a transfer on since I've been here...
Anyone know how to get a copy of all my FA-10s?
Thanks!
WArtC

Search in the Mass Gun Laws forum here for "how" to request a list of all guns you've fa-10'd. It isn't necessarily correct or complete and they don't remove guns you have sold, so if you own two guns but you've bought and sold thousands, it'll be a very long list.

I've lived in MA for years and I have forgotten a few of which guns I brought with me when I moved and which ones I did a transfer on since I've been here...
Anyone know how to get a copy of all my FA-10s?
Thanks!
WArtC

Out of curiosity, why does it matter whether you moved here with a firearm or you bought it later on?

What the f*** is up with this having to be done on that request form. AUTHENTICATION OF SIGNATURE BY NOTARY PUBLIC
This state is truly over the top when it comes to a simple request, one that should NEVER have to be made in the first place.

What the f*** is up with this having to be done on that request form. AUTHENTICATION OF SIGNATURE BY NOTARY PUBLIC
This state is truly over the top when it comes to a simple request, one that should NEVER be possible to fulfill in the first place.

FIFY

Since the purpose is nothing more than to verify that the transfer was legal, why are there any records TO request?

I filed and got the form from the state a few years back. It was interesting but remember they never remove anything you sell, they just list the purchases. I bought a gun, sold it to a friend and then bought it back from him so I have two entries of the same firearm

This state is truly over the top when it comes to a simple request, one that should NEVER have to be made in the first place.

I agree it never should be required in the 1st place. That being said, the Notary is actually a good thing, stops our wives from seeing what we got! LOL!

Let sleeping dogs lay. No sense in waking up the state to look your sales over.

F**k the state. I asked for my records to prove that I bought 2 Bushmaster AR16s in 1994 before the AWB was enacted. Since I don't have the receipts, how could I prove that they were pre-ban (not that I should need to prove it), but only to show proof when I sell them before my move from this commie state.

F**k the state. I asked for my records to prove that I bought 2 Bushmaster AR16s in 1994 before the AWB was enacted. Since I don't have the receipts, how could I prove that they were pre-ban (not that I should need to prove it), but only to show proof when I sell them before my move from this commie state.

There are serial number listings on line. Here is one of them:
Serial Number List :: (Rev 10 - 2/13/99)

The pre 1994 Bushmaster was made by Quality Parts I believe. They are now Windom Weaponry and they are good people. Perhaps call them and see if they can help. I believe people have contacted Colt to get letters stating the date of manufacture of their AR's

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, why does it matter whether you moved here with a firearm or you bought it later on?

If you move into the PRM, and own a firearm, you have no obligation to report it, as the FA-10 system is only about reporting transfers, not ownership, or possession.

Or that's the theory. The .gov would like you to tell all.

If you move into the PRM, and own a firearm, you have no obligation to report it, as the FA-10 system is only about reporting transfers, not ownership, or possession.

Or that's the theory. The .gov would like you to tell all.

I know that. But showing a list of your transfers and "not seeing the Remington 870 (or whatever) there doesn't prove you brought the firearm in with you when you moved here. It just proves it wasn't on the list of transfers.

There are serial number listings on line. Here is one of them:
Serial Number List :: (Rev 10 - 2/13/99)

The pre 1994 Bushmaster was made by Quality Parts I believe. They are now Windom Weaponry and they are good people. Perhaps call them and see if they can help. I believe people have contacted Colt to get letters stating the date of manufacture of their AR's

Thanks for the reference. However, it shows exactly why I need the copies of my registrations because the S/Ns of the rifles fall within the range of "L051001-L063000 - Mixed Pre-Ban Assembled Rifles and Pre-Sept 94 Lowers (Call to verify)". I don't even know what a "mixed pre-ban assembled rifle" even means. The number listed to call (800-998-SWAT) is dedicated to wholesalers, dealers, and gov. agencies. There is no option for individual consumers to look up a serial number.

Then again, what's easier for a potential buyer to deal with, trying to make a phone call with the hope of finding out if it's pre-ban or a mixed pre-ban based on me telling him/her or having actual documentation of when I registered the rifles with the state?

I did it once, think it cost $20(bank check), form and signed notary public. Took about 4 weeks. Come to think of it, I did have the date and #'s of the transactions.

I’m more offended with the $20. Considering it’s all computerized, including stamp, that’s about 20x more than cost. Asses.

I don't even know what a "mixed pre-ban assembled rifle" even means.

What they mean is that serial numbers in that range contain both rifles and stripped lowers that they sold, both made pre-ban. BUT a lower that was made pre-ban had to have been made into and registered somewhere as a rifle in order for it to be still considered a pre-ban lower. If its not on some FFL's books somewhere (or in the MIRCS system) before 9/13/94 as a rifle the its is not pre-ban anymore. It will forever be postban.

Isn't the statute of limitations six years for FA10? OP, when did you move here?

What they mean is that serial numbers in that range contain both rifles and stripped lowers that they sold, both made pre-ban. BUT a lower that was made pre-ban had to have been made into and registered somewhere as a rifle in order for it to be still considered a pre-ban lower. If its not on some FFL's books somewhere (or in the MIRCS system) before 9/13/94 as a rifle the its is not pre-ban anymore. It will forever be postban.

This is precisely why I want a copy of the FA10s for these rifles...to prove that they are pre-ban (pre 9/13/94) if I decide to sell. The FFL that I purchased them from is no longer in business. They are/were complete rifles. The part that is underlined in your quote doesn't appear to be totally accurate because of the different ways that FFLs handled lowers. Some FFls would require an FA10 on lowers when sold while other FFLs only did the Form 4473. I know this because I have 2 of each.

The two lowers that went through the FA10 were registered as rifles even though they were not complete rifles. The other 2 did not go through the FA10 filing - just the fed Form 4473. I have the sales slips from the FFL for these 2 lowers to prove that they were purchased and in the state prior to 7/20/16 even though they never underwent the FA10 or MIRCS, if you will, which again brings us back to the underlined sentence in your reply. Just because they weren't in the MIRCS system prior to 7/20/16 does not mean they are not pre-Healey. If I'm wrong, I'm sure that someone will correct me.

I hate to read and use the term pre-Healey because it gives her phony interpretation of the law some legitimacy that it really doesn't have.

I requested mine after Maura "redefined the AWB" just to see what was there. There are 2 guns listed under my name that I have never even heard of or owned. Great record keeping!

Back
Top Bottom