• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any way to ignore ‘ignored user’ prompts?

I used to never ignore anyone on NES...always just figured i could let everything roll off my back and figured everyone here probably had valid reasons for their arguments/positions on any given topic.

Then 2020 happened and so many of these mother f***ers are dead to me (but I still wish you the best and a Happy New Year).

Is there any way to ignore the ‘you are ignoring content by this member’ prompts when one of these turds can’t resist spewing their garbage and great reset threads all over NES? I’d much prefer to not even receive the prompt so I’m not even tempted to look at the photos MarlboroMan posted of himself at the gay pride parade in P-town with OldGuy47.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2021 to all you cock heads.

I used to never ignore anyone on NES...always just figured i could let everything roll off my back and figured everyone here probably had valid reasons for their arguments/positions on any given topic.

Then 2020 happened and so many of these mother f***ers are dead to me (but I still wish you the best and a Happy New Year).

Is there any way to ignore the ‘you are ignoring content by this member’ prompts when one of these turds can’t resist spewing their garbage and great reset threads all over NES? I’d much prefer to not even receive the prompt so I’m not even tempted to look at the photos MarlboroMan posted of himself at the gay pride parade in P-town with OldGuy47.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2021 to all you cock heads.
Ignored.

If you are using uBlock Origin use the "Block Element" feature to make just about any element of a web page permanently "go away" from your view. Just right click on the "You are ignoring..." message, select "Block Element", then "Create".

My static filters for NES look like this:

Code:
! 2021-01-16 https://www.northeastshooters.com
||www.northeastshooters.com/xen/data/avatars/m/10/10090.jpg##
[src*=10/10090.jpg]
www.northeastshooters.com### *.messageNotice--ignored.messageNotice--nested.messageNotice

If you are using uBlock Origin use the "Block Element" feature to make just about any element of a web page permanently "go away" from your view. Just right click on the "You are ignoring..." message, select "Block Element", then "Create".

Code:
[src*=10/10090.jpg]
www.northeastshooters.com### *.messageNotice--ignored.messageNotice--nested.messageNotice
Is it possible to ignore the entire off topic board?

Is it possible to ignore the entire off topic board?
In terms of not having threads from there appear when you view the sitewide "New posts" list? Not that I know of, other than the old trick I learned from another NES'r to unclutter the "New Posts" view.

Before you go to "New Posts", first go to the forum you are not interested in, click "Mark Read", and accept. Then proceed to "New Posts".

Code:
[src*=10/10090.jpg]
You lost me, bro.

I has the dumb.

Code:
[src*=10/10090.jpg]
Lost me too. I’m not retarded, my mommy says I’m a very special boy!

In terms of not having threads from there appear when you view the sitewide "New posts" list? Not that I know of, other than the old trick I learned from another NES'r to unclutter the "New Posts" view.

Before you go to "New Posts", first go to the forum you are not interested in, click "Mark Read", and accept. Then proceed to "New Posts".
This tip is perfect! Yes, I generally browse new posts and keep notifications on things I really enjoy. This tip gets the job done as a workaround, thank you.

You lost me, bro. I has the dumb.
Lost me too. I’m not retarded, my mommy says I’m a very special boy!
Explained at this website

This tip is perfect! Yes, I generally browse new posts and keep notifications on things I really enjoy. This tip gets the job done as a workaround, thank you.
I wish I could take credit; don't recall who first posted the workaround.

Back
Top Bottom