ANY vintage shoots in MAINE ???

Maybe Nashua or Pelham have something? How far are you from NH? I'll probably be cutting back this year, but typically I'll drive 1.5 hours every month for the vintage matches at Pembroke MA. If you are way up there and without options, possibly try to get something started?

IAM IN MAINE..i check out all the clubs that i know of..nothing going on.NO fun shoots or nothing..i guess they keep it a secret and amongst them self

IAM IN MAINE..i check out all the clubs that i know of..nothing going on.NO fun shoots or nothing..i guess they keep it a secret and amongst them self
I asked WHERE in the state are you? Its a big state. I can recommend, if I can, stuff based on what ranges are close to you.

I asked WHERE in the state are you? Its a big state. I can recommend, if I can, stuff based on what ranges are close to you.
midcoast ..close to capitol city,scarborough/lincoln county. nothing going on for military shoots

You know you can shoot a Garand at any High Power match? Some consider the AR a "military rifle", and that's what most will be shooting. There's a 80rd match in Hampden on Saturday. I know at least one other shooter will be using a Garand.

Just thought I'd touch base on this:
If your local area doesn't hold the sort of matches you are looking for, the best thing to do would be to join an appropriate club and start organizing these matches yourself. Yes, it takes time and effort.

Handem ME rifle club has 3 CMP HP matches coming up maybe see if they do vintage stuff also?
I know a lot of clubs are awful at posting events. Then wonder why low turn outs.
Keep looking

Handem ME rifle club has 3 CMP HP matches coming up maybe see if they do vintage stuff also?
I know a lot of clubs are awful at posting events. Then wonder why low turn outs.
Keep looking
Hampden does not have any vintage matches this year. I'm thinking about getting together a big M1 match for next year at Scarborough. Apparently we have a ton of surplus 30-06 (I haven't seen it) we could issue at the line or use as prizes.

Just thought I'd touch base on this:
If your local area doesn't hold the sort of matches you are looking for, the best thing to do would be to join an appropriate club and start organizing these matches yourself. Yes, it takes time and effort.
100% this.

While not rifle, a NES member stepped up and signed up his club for Steel Challenge in the South Shore, an area that was lacking good matches.

First match will be held last Sunday of August at Copicut.

The process was simple and the board was fine with it.

All that was needed was one guy to step up and willing to put a little bit of work to find out what was needed and now many will benefit.

Back
Top Bottom