• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any update on carrying at Cape Cod Canal?

Here is the reg and the punishment.

327.13 Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman](a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless:
(1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;
(2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under 327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites;
(3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or
(4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.
(b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless written permission has been received from the District Commander

A violation of the provisions of this regulation shall subject the violator to a fine of not more than $5000.00 or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both.

It seems that even if carrying the gun unloaded, the possession of the ammo is in violation.
Beside that, I feel that in that condition it would be useless if truly necessary because if you need it, it will probably happen quickly and at close range.

The carrying part was struck down in Idaho as an infringement of 2A rights. The lawsuit only applied to Idaho. What I originally was wondering was if it had finally spread to the rest of the United States yet.

Thanks for the entertainment otherwise and I realize it is just NES being NES.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom