• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any tips for the civil exam?

Everyone I talked to seem to score in the low 90's, wonder if it's just a small sample size or not.

Doesn't matter-unless you are a vet, disabled vet, targeted racial group, child is a person killed in the line of duty-not good enough

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone I talked to seem to score in the low 90's, wonder if it's just a small sample size or not.

Doesn't matter-unless you are a vet, disabled vet, targeted racial group, child is a person killed in the line of duty-not good enough

Don't get discouraged... I'm in my mid 30's and while I have a great career in LE, many friends I have tried for so many years to get a LE job in MA. One day years back a buddy went up to NH and within a few years like 6-7 buddies all had great jobs in NH cities and towns. You all are not restricted to MA and the outdated civil service test. Branch out, esp to NH. If not Texas, Arizona, all places I've been recently are dying for help. Best of luck to you all as you try to get in LE.

82nd on the list for my city, guess it's time to double down at the gym and hope people have skeletons in their closets....,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvm. just checked. #49 in Worcester

hah...we're tied for #49 in Worcester.

I'll take 'coincidence' for $500, bob.

Still not bad at all out of 757 places to be. If there's a fight to the death for spot #49 at least I know I have a worthy opponent.

Good luck to us both! Should we be chosen, let us uphold the law as it is written and not as it has been under interpretation.

hah...we're tied for #49 in Worcester.

I'll take 'coincidence' for $500, bob.

Still not bad at all out of 757 places to be. If there's a fight to the death for spot #49 at least I know I have a worthy opponent.

Good luck to us both! Should we be chosen, let us uphold the law as it is written and not as it has been under interpretation.

absolutely! best of luck sir, although based on what i heard top 100+ are fairly safe

Anyone know why the list keeps growing? Almost 800 on the list now and there were only 750 a week ago. Olympus and myself have kept our spot at tied for 49, but it seems like more are getting tacked onto the end for some reason?

Anyone have any idea when they start calling potentials for interviews?

Anyone know why the list keeps growing? Almost 800 on the list now and there were only 750 a week ago. Olympus and myself have kept our spot at tied for 49, but it seems like more are getting tacked onto the end for some reason?

Anyone have any idea when they start calling potentials for interviews?

people adding worcester as a desired city

any worse than Marine Corps boot camp?

Nothing is worse than 13 weeks at PISC. (Actually, there are a number of things worse, but as far as a training environment goes, nothing is worse)
As long as you remember that, the municipal police academy will be a joke. If you and Olympus get in, I can certainly pass on some (hopefully) tips and whatnot.

Nothing is worse than 13 weeks at PISC. (Actually, there are a number of things worse, but as far as a training environment goes, nothing is worse)
As long as you remember that, the municipal police academy will be a joke. If you and Olympus get in, I can certainly pass on some (hopefully) tips and whatnot.

My first tip would be to stay away from Masscops.com

Seriously, don't even think about it.

Why is there a physical fitness requirement to join the force but then it appears Zero to stay on??

Why is there a physical fitness requirement to join the force but then it appears Zero to stay on??

lol...been wondering that myself. I can't wait to get in so I can start becoming a fat slob.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll second that Very strongly!!!

Sound advice it seems...I spend all my time on NES anyway. I much prefer chatting about guns than about cops.

Back
Top Bottom