• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any suggestions on making a Mac-11 Cobray into a semi-serviceable weapon?

So I foolishly bought a semi-auto, closed bolt Mac-11 Cobray last year for $1,500. I know, just stupid. The trigger and trigger guard hurt to use, plus it looks like it is just asking to shoot its owner. Sigh.

Anyhow, I bought a foregeip that I installed at a 90 degree angle (the mac-11 is too short to put it vertically downward) to add some measure of control.

I can't sell it without taking a massive loss, so want to do what I can to make it somewhat useful, and am asking for suggestions. To me, being a Massuchusettsan (real word) it's biggest plus is the five thirty-two round mags it came with. It is clearly useless as a pistol, so thinking of making it into some type of carbine. I looked around online a little bit couldnt really find anything (but I am an idiot) to make it a real carbine. At a minimum I am gonna get a barrel extender or more likely a fake suppressor (neither helps with ballistics but fake suppressor might not heat up so fast) to add least add an extended pointer, plus weight would help weight down the front, keep the jumping down.

Suggestions? Uppers, barrels, stocks, whatever?

Thank you!

Mike

So I foolishly bought a semi-auto, closed bolt Mac-11 Cobray last year for $1,500. I know, just stupid. The trigger and trigger guard hurt to use, plus it looks like it is just asking to shoot its owner. Sigh.

Anyhow, I bought a foregeip that I installed at a 90 degree angle (the mac-11 is too short to put it vertically downward) to add some measure of control.

I can't sell it without taking a massive loss, so want to do what I can to make it somewhat useful, and am asking for suggestions. To me, being a Massuchusettsan (real word) it's biggest plus is the five thirty-two round mags it came with. It is clearly useless as a pistol, so thinking of making it into some type of carbine. I looked around online a little bit couldnt really find anything (but I am an idiot) to make it a real carbine. At a minimum I am gonna get a barrel extender or more likely a fake suppressor (neither helps with ballistics but fake suppressor might not heat up so fast) to add least add an extended pointer, plus weight would help weight down the front, keep the jumping down.

Thank you!

Mike
What makes you think you wont recoup if you sell it?

I wouldn’t put anymore money into it, just wait until the next panic buy and offload it then.

No matter how much you put into it, it will continue to shoot like pos that they always been. Something to remind someone of cocaine cowboys and 80’s movies.

Trigger slap sucks no matter how thick they make the condom

What makes you think you wont recoup if you sell it?
I don't really know. I have subsequently seen them for maybe $1,100. Mine is nice, maybe rarely if ever fired. Original box. What do you think I could get for it in a private sale?
Thx,
Mike

I don't really know. I have subsequently seen them for maybe $1,100. Mine is nice, maybe rarely if ever fired. Original box. What do you think I could get for it in a private sale?
Thx,
Mike
But probably most of these haven't been fired much. I haven't bothered.

Thx,
Mike
Well you paid $1500 im sure someone else will.
How many rounds have you shot through it.

Thank you!

Mike
I’m a little confused by your description of the front grip, when you say right angle, you don’t mean to the upper right? I’m just trying to save your dog since you can’t have a vertical fore grip on a pistol.

I’m a little confused by your description of the front grip, when you say right angle, you don’t mean to the upper right? I’m just trying to save your dog since you can’t have a vertical fore grip on a pistol.
Errr...Let me get back to you on that one.

I dont understand. Can you post a pic? I am curious about that foregrip.

How does the trigger hurt to shoot? ... it shoots .380 or 9mm right? How can that hurt?

I dont understand. Can you post a pic? I am curious about that foregrip.

How does the trigger hurt to shoot? ... it shoots .380 or 9mm right? How can that hurt?
The trigger isn't great, but it is more the outsized trigger guard coupled with the huge, square size of the pistol grip. The trigger guard hurts just holding it.

Time to show the office who's the boss. Bring that axe to work and chop your desk to splinters.
Ha! When I was maybe twenty I chopped my crappy childhood desk up with an axe in my driveway. One of those cheap, almost balsa wood ones with a center drawer. My first blow cut it in half and impacted the pavement, just missing my sneakered toe. What a dumbass.

Ha! When I was maybe twenty I chopped my crappy childhood desk up with an axe in my driveway. One of those cheap, almost balsa wood ones with a center drawer. My first blow cut it in half and impacted the pavement, just missing my sneakered toe. What a dumbass.
How can you have a man card if you have all your digits? 🤣

FTF Industries has the vented barrel extension with the shroud so you don't burn your hands shooting the gun.
Yes the first ones were MAC 10's in 45 acp, and I went out and got one in semi auto after watching the movie
McQ with John Wayne.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom