• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any shops stock .300 BLK, 6.5 or 6.8 Normally?

In looking to build an upper for my AR other that 5.56. 9mm is an option as well but I know that it is easy to get.

I am not set up for reloading just yet, so any shooting I do with this new upper will need to be done with factory ammo.

We all know how hard it is to order ammo to MA.

Do any stores regularly stock this ammo? I would think .300 might be the most readily available even though I'd love up build a 6.5 upper for long range shooting.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I have seen none of what you mentioned in any shops around my area (Fall River). I have a 6.5G and it's a "make your own" proposition, although I'm sure a shop could order it for you. The 300 and 6.5 are very different animals insofar as their purpouse and unless you plan to start reloading your going to spend a ton on ammo. I knew that going into it so when I ordered all the rifle parts I ordered dies and cases as well.

Here's mine
Picture.jpg

Last edited:
i shoot 300 BLK on a semi regular basis. Bought factory ammo for it but not locally. Most of the ammo I have on hand is reformed 223/5.56 brass. Noveske upper and Delton lower.

Even if you found a gun shop that did stock .300 BLK, 6.5 or 6.8, you can expect to pay about $1 per round. Ouch.

Even if you found a gun shop that did stock .300 BLK, 6.5 or 6.8, you can expect to pay about $1 per round. Ouch.

Yeah, I figured that it would. Kinda why I'm trying to look into this before I start the build. What good is an expensive new upper if It costs too much to shoot and I can't find ammo.

Pullman arms in Worcester has a bunch of 6.8spc on hand

Thanks for the info. That's a bit of a hike for me unfortunately.

I think I'm going to take my spare parts and make a .22LR upper. I have a spare scope as well to use with it.

I have a AR in 6.8 and the ammo is sold at Cabelas. At least it is in Maine anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom