Any shops around the Northshore area carry charging handles or forward assists?

I am hoping to pop some rounds down my latest build by Sunday but need a couple more pieces of the puzzle before it's complete.

Does anyone know of a shop that sells various AR parts? I'm specifically in the market for a charging handle and forward assist.

Anyone know of any places??

Do you have other AR's? If you are dying to shoot it Sunday, you could borrow a charging handle and shoot it without the forward assist. Some come with out them, and they were not even part of Stoners original design, hence first M-16 was an A-1.

Do you have other AR's? If you are dying to shoot it Sunday, you could borrow a charging handle and shoot it without the forward assist. Some come with out them, and they were not even part of Stoners original design, hence first M-16 was an A-1.

Yeah I know and I wont have a grimey chamber so the FA is almost not needed.

Its more of the principle of the matter. I just want it finished since its taken me so long.

I may borrow a friends if need be but im so dead set on getting her finished with this weekend haha, the last steps always seem to take the longest.

Yeah I know and I wont have a grimey chamber so the FA is almost not needed.

Its more of the principle of the matter. I just want it finished since its taken me so long.

I may borrow a friends if need be but im so dead set on getting her finished with this weekend haha, the last steps always seem to take the longest.

I hear ya. Best of luck. Its always good to find an excuse to hit up Hooksett, NH anyway.

You know what, now that I think of it. Try calling Original Bob's in Salisbury. I know they do custom builds there, so they just may have some parts lying around. It is worth a call anyway.

Last edited:
I hear ya. Best of luck. Its always good to find an excuse to hit up Hooksett, NH anyway.

You know what, now that I think of it. Try calling Original Bob's in Salisbury. I know they do custom builds their, so they just may have some parts lying around. It is worth a call anyway.

Didn't even think of that. Damn good idea!

bump...has anyone confirmed any shops in the northshore area of MA that has the forward assist assembly? Uxbridge is too far, and even shooters outpost is stretching it, but probably where I'll end up.

bump...has anyone confirmed any shops in the northshore area of MA that has the forward assist assembly? Uxbridge is too far, and even shooters outpost is stretching it, but probably where I'll end up.

Umlaut has good prices on the forward assist and such. Picked up the dust cover assembly, plus forward assist assembly, for all of $25 last time I needed them. You can sometimes find better prices online, but not sure what shipping would be.

Before you drive all the way to Shooter's, give them a call to check pricing. Then contact Umlaut to see how late he'll be open. Since there's only a 3-4 mile difference between the two shops, the extra distance could be well worth it.

Yeah brownells is great when you have patience [wink]

I was unsuccessful in my search and ended up with a dustcover from Amazon and still no FA. My damn lower has a couple issues that will require a new lower. Im none too happy...

Back
Top Bottom