• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

any revolver guys have a fix or remedy for this?

The Anchor

NES Member
so was sighting in my Dan Wesson supermag, over a leather rest, and the blast past the forcing cone, is cutting into the leather bag. i only shot 25 rounds, or so, and it didn't cut through (yet), but want to cover the leather with something to stop it. what does the NES braintrust have to say? cheaper the better! thanks

I could be wrong but I believe the proper way to rest a revolver is resting your wrists on the bag, not the gun.
That being said just cut a piece of leather (old coat or shoe) and lay it across your bag.
This.

OP rest your hands on the bag not the gun

Pick up an old weight lifting kidney belt. I use them as strops (cut down) and as thick leather buffers for anything else. If you use them as a strop, make sure the salt is purged from the belt.

Yup, hands go on the bag. The blast from the cylinder gap is a feature, not a bug, of the revolver design unless you get an antique MAS.

I have a shooting ballcap that I bring with me (one of those freebies you get when you buy something) and place it on the rest. It looks like I put out a few fires with it...

what supermag? .357? it was known to flame cut the top strap of revolvers so sit back and enjoy the show.

i rest the frame on the bag, just in front of the finger guard, seems to work really well.

what supermag? .357? it was known to flame cut the top strap of revolvers so sit back and enjoy the show.
they did that when guys were trying to push past 2k fps, and the Ruger was recalled because of it. mine shows no significant sign of flame cutting. thanks for all the ideas, and random thoughts.

i am going to order the welding blanket from amazon

Back
Top Bottom