• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any recommendations for a two stage AR15 trigger?

The trigger on my M&P15FT is crisp but it's a bit heavy and I'd like a two stage trigger. Ideally it would feel like my S&W 1911.

I'm not exactly sure what your S&W 1911 feels like, but I can recommend White Oak Armament's National Match trigger. I believe it's a RRA match trigger that White Oak has worked over. I don't have any long term experience with it yet, as I've got maybe 500 rounds on that trigger, but it's a crisp 2 stage trigger, mine breaks at 4.5, but they can lighten that up further. It might be worth looking around on some of the service rifle competitors forums, see what they're using.

I found this article over at M4Carbine.net that proved to be VERY helpful. Hope it can help you out as well:

Trigger test - Which trigger is "best" for you?

In it he goes over:

Chip McCormick (CMC)
-single stage curved
-single stage flat
-two stage flat

JP Enterprises
-component trigger
-modular trigger

Accuracy Speaks
-single stage

Armalite
-two stage national match

Rock River Arms
-two stage varmint

Alexander Arms
-single stage

Geissele
-DMR

Timney
-modular

DPMS
-mil spec semi auto group
-mil spec semi auto group with JP lightweight (yellow) spring kit

I found this article over at M4Carbine.net that proved to be VERY helpful. Hope it can help you out as well:

Trigger test - Which trigger is "best" for you?

In it he goes over:

Chip McCormick (CMC)
-single stage curved
-single stage flat
-two stage flat

JP Enterprises
-component trigger
-modular trigger

Accuracy Speaks
-single stage

Armalite

Rock River Arms
-two stage varmint

Alexander Arms
-single stage

Geissele
-DMR

Timney
-modular

DPMS
-mil spec semi auto group
-mil spec semi auto group with JP lightweight (yellow) spring kit

Thanks Skald, good article. One other reason I want to replace the trigger is I don't find it very comfortable on my finger. Something like this would be a lot better.

136_3656.jpg

Anytime.

So, which one are you thinking of getting? I have heard nothing but good things about the Geissele's.

I'm not sure yet. This will take a bit of time to make a decision. Part of this is a result of dry firing a Sig 556. The trigger on that was really nice.

White Oak sells a tuned RRA two stage, thats what I got. I like it. They sell the Geissele also, and its more expensive so I'd guess its better. I think you'd like either one.

I've had stock Rock River two-stage, RR tuned by White Oak Precision, DPMS single stage, and Geissele NM service rifle.

Geissele is superior and it is only one of two triggers currently used by the Army Marksmanship Unit for both their competition rifles and the Designated Marksman rifles they build that are currently killing towelheads left and right. The other is the Knight's Armament two stage.

I've got both the Geissele and the WOA-Tuned RR.

I really love the Geissele, but I don't think it's worth twice the RR.

Back
Top Bottom