• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any recommendations for a fast-action knife?

I've been carrying and using a benchmade nitrous Stryker for about 6-7 years now. It's a great knife with little maintenance. Warranty and customer service is good. I think they are about $100 now on eBay

I've been carrying and using a benchmade nitrous Stryker for about 6-7 years now. It's a great knife with little maintenance. Warranty and customer service is good. I think they are about $100 now on eBay

+1 Benchmade

I have the Benchmade Emissary 470. Super slick and fast acting. Sorry it's a little spendy but worth it. I give mine a wd40 bath and light sharpening every 6 months or so. I've had it about 2 years.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ben...y7ggTWloKgAw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1024&bih=982

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

Kershaw +++++1. I've got two. Their action is nothing short of incredible and super easy to become used to. They have a warrantee on the blades, too, and if you break one they'll replace it for $10.

Rome

Any of the Benchmade auto assist knives woud be a great choice, you will pay more for it than a Kershaw but you get better quality imo, for a small edc though the Esee izula is a nasty little fixed blade that will never fail you. I own one and its a great little knife

FREEFALL.jpg

picked up a Kershaw freefall at wallyworld for 18 bucks. its very slim, very low profile and has a tanto style blade. the only thing Im not nuts about is the clip, as its super tight, so a lanyard is necessary. They make 2, one that is spring assisted like the one I have, the other is manual.

The flipper is well placed, the blade flies open and the edge is very sharp - IMO a great EDC at a cheap price.

Last edited:
View attachment 116705

the only thing Im not nuts about is the clip, as its super tight

I have few Kershaws, and on all of them clips were supertight. I just took them off, bent a little, and screwed back on. You'll need a very small Torx bit(don't remember the number). HD and Lowes have multibit screwdrivers with the bit you need for about $6.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ill try that. that's a minor as hell complaint, too - I'd previously been rocking a cheap "Tac Force" that has 1911 style grips - other than that cool factor, I really don't like it. It does duty in my truck's IFAK now.

I have few Kershaws, and on all of them clips were supertight. I just took them off, bent a little, and screwed back on. You'll need a very small Torx bit(don't remember the number). HD and Lowes have multibit screwdrivers with the bit you need for about $6.

Whats your price range? Can't go wrong with kershaw leek (as others have said). Its nice and thin but has a good length blade.

I'm starting to move towards fixed blades, however.

I guess I'm a little late to this party but here are three very good knives...all very affordable. I own all three and love them.

Spyderco Tenacious- Awesome blade shape, opens well and the thumb hole will work even with gloves, nice texture on the g-10 handle scales. Very thin, pretty light and carries really deep in the pocket...easy to open and close one handed. I have one in satin finish and one black coated...both finishes have held up well...easy to get very sharp and good edge retention, paid $35 bucks on Amazon.

Second would be the Ontario Rat-2. Longer and thicker by less wide than the Spyderco this knife is very comfortable in pocket...also carries very deep and conceals nicely. Again I have the satin and black coated blades but I would skip the black on this because it's just a paint and will wear off, unless you like that "I actually use my knife" look. This knife deploys super fast...get the feel for it and it is switchblade fast...blade is balanced just right and really flies out. Holds a nice edge but not as easy to sharpen as the Spyderco, again paid $35 on amazon.

Last would be the Cryo 2 from Kershaw...great knife, get tons of compliments on it. Mine has the Blackwash finish and is really good looking. This one is an assisted flipper and took some use and a little tuning to get it deploying like I wanted but very happy with it. Have not had to sharpen yet, this knife was so sharp from the factory it was ridiculous. This knife is built like a tank, but with the spring really need two hands to close...i think I paid $40 for this one.

Anyway...hopefully this helps out, if you already purchased one maybe this will help with number 2.

spyderco.jpg ontario rat.jpg cryo 2.jpg

Last edited:
Gerber Fast Draw...... about $30 and their warrantee is as good as Ruger's.... if it breaks, send it in to the company and you'll have a brand spanking new one in a week... FREE !!!

Back
Top Bottom