Any recent experience with Sudbury LTC?

My SIL is looking at getting her LTC in Sudbury. The original list shows it as Red, and there hasn't been much discussion on it since about 2013. Does anyone have any recent intel on what, if any, additional hoops will be put in her way as she attempts to get an unrestricted LTC? I just want to give her a heads-up, and I'm probably going to end up guiding her through some of the process. Or, more correctly, I'm going to depend on what I learn on NES to guide her through some of the process.

Thanks.

Look at their website for info and check Comm2A's list (2017 I think is the latest) of restricted vs. non-restricted LTCs.

Look at their website for info and check Comm2A's list (2017 I think is the latest) of restricted vs. non-restricted LTCs.
Thanks, Len. I saw the info on town's website. I didn't see a list on Comm2A's website. I'll look again.

I was also hoping for some personal insights based on experiences ("they took forever to get back to me," or "the licensing officer is a dick," etc.)

ETA: Found the 2017 Comm2A list.

Last edited:
No "hoops" to jump through, they sometimes take their time (as do a lot of other departments, plus they are small) - but getting an unrestricted is unlikely first time around. As you probably saw about 60% are issued with restrictions first time. They will remove restrictions on renewal.

Becoming an NRA/BFS instructor will help if you want to remove restrictions before a renewal (or even for a renewal) - but you need to show its legit and you are actually teaching. Kind of how it rolls in Boston if you want to remove restrictions. I know of two folks that successfully have done this in Sudbury.

I was an instructor in an adjacent town when I lived in Mass. so I would get folks from Sudbury in my classes, I do keep in touch with some.

Thanks, Len. I saw the info on town's website. I didn't see a list on Comm2A's website. I'll look again.

I was also hoping for some personal insights based on experiences ("they took forever to get back to me," or "the licensing officer is a dick," etc.)

ETA: Found the 2017 Comm2A list.

No "hoops" to jump through, they sometimes take their time (as do a lot of other departments, plus they are small) - but getting an unrestricted is unlikely first time around. As you probably saw about 60% are issued with restrictions first time. They will remove restrictions on renewal.

Becoming an NRA/BFS instructor will help if you want to remove restrictions before a renewal (or even for a renewal) - but you need to show its legit and you are actually teaching. Kind of how it rolls in Boston if you want to remove restrictions. I know of two folks that successfully have done this in Sudbury.

I was an instructor in an adjacent town when I lived in Mass. so I would get folks from Sudbury in my classes, I do keep in touch with some.

Not a player. It's my SIL asking about the LTC. I'm safely ensconced in "Permit!? We don't need no stinkin' permits" NH.

Gotcha. Most likely will be restricted first go around. :(

I have no idea how COVID is impacting the permitting process, so add time on top of that.

Did she at least take the BFS course already?

Not a player. It's my SIL asking about the LTC. I'm safely ensconced in "Permit!? We don't need no stinkin' permits" NH.

Back
Top Bottom