Any recent Approved 1 for MA residents?

Submitted 1/26/19
Approved 2/15/19

Form 1 SBR *Individual submitted via eForms.

**Update - Form 20 for same SBR submitted via email on 2/22/19, approved 3/9/19, received via snail mail 3/15/19.

Last edited:
Question. I am interested in building an SBR using a post 7/20 lower. It was purchased via FFL with a 4473 that has a post 7/20 purchase date, cash purchase. It is factory engraved by a fairly well known manufacturer, model AM-15, Multi-cal. I understand that on Form 1 I would need to state a manufacturer, model, and specific caliber.

1) Has anyone here submitted a Form 1, stating a well known manufacturer and AR-15 style model, with caliber 556/223 and been approved despite filing post 7/20 and without being asked for documentation?

2) If you have submitted a Form 1 that matched the above, and you WERE asked for documentation, what did you do? Do you respond saying "I don't have that" or "That is not relevant as this complies with state law despite her edict"?

3) It seems like some folks have been asked for purchase date documentation even with a 15-22, so I'm assuming just listing caliber as .22 wouldn't be a sure fire work around?

3) Could I add ADDITIONAL engraving such as "AtlantisTech, 5.56 BoltGun" and put that on the form along with pictures? If so, would you use the original serial number or add another serial number?

Basically I am just looking for the "most likely" path to getting a tax stamp for a post 7/20 lower. I fully intend to EFA-10 it and accept the "risk" that that brings me, If I become the test case so be it. Just getting through the NFA process is what worries me.

1) yes
2) n/a because they (atf) doesnt ask
3) caliber doesnt matter to ATF
3) i wouldn't

Thank you for the response. I will go that route and if asked for documentation I'll probably just respectfully ask for its relevance per MGL.

For those wondering-DCJIS confirmed to me for a client that when doing an EFA10 for an SBR one must select handgun due to the barrel length even though it's a "rifle".

But doesn’t that violate the AWB rules because it doesn’t meet the weight requirement?

Since this seems to be the thread where anyone is talking about NFA engraving, I would like to kindly ask that if anyone is planning on getting some engraving done at Jack's Machine, please please call at least a day in advance. As anyone who has brought stuff in knows, I need to pretty much stop everything I'm doing to take care of you guys, which is fine, but when I'm really busy and there are walk-ins who didn't call, it messes me all up. I've been getting a lot of those lately.

Granted, I don't think any of them were from this board, more like a friend of a friend of a friend recommendation, but just wanted to put that out there. Thanks!

U
Thank you for the response. I will go that route and if asked for documentation I'll probably just respectfully ask for its relevance per MGL.
u will not be asked anything. The ATF doesn’t give 2 shits about Maura’s BS. Just e-file and priorty mail the finger prints in. I’m waiting for my second SBR in 2 months. 1st one only took ATF 3 and a half weeks.

You sure dude? I had to get a permission slipped signed by the AG and submit it with my Form 1 application 3 years ago. I doubt much has changed

U

u will not be asked anything. The ATF doesn’t give 2 shits about Maura’s BS. Just e-file and priorty mail the finger prints in. I’m waiting for my second SBR in 2 months. 1st one only took ATF 3 and a half weeks.

Did you e-file and get your prints in within 10 days?
E-filed form 1. Prints mailed next day but were delayed due to the shutdown. I called on that originally and was told that my prints were accepted.

Last edited:
No one does trusts anymore. that's so 2016

Eehhh. I will continue to file in the trust rather than and individual.

My wife shoots and has guns of her own, my wife has access to the safe that contains federally registered firearms. Technically if I am not home and she is she has access to the registered items without my supervision. Sure I may be paranoid, but rather safe than sorry when dealing with Federal laws. Cost was nominal for the trust. Also if I were to die she would be able to posses/sell off since she is a trustee, Also easier to add a child to a trust if you plan on passing down anything. Just my thoughts on it, I will continue to file under the trust.

Back
Top Bottom