• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any ranges that allow tracers (or incindiary, explosive, etc. ammo)

milktree

NES Member
Are there any clubs in eastern MA or southern NH that allow tracers, incendiary, or the like?

For example, where might one fire a gyrojet, assuming one was willing to spend the $90/shot?

Chapter 131: Section 64

Section 64. A person shall not use... any tracer or incendiary ammunition for hunting or outdoor target shooting purposes except on a skeet, trap, or target range.

...So I am betting that you will not find a club that allows you to fire any tracer or incendiary ammunition out of a rifle or handgun.

-MS

Chapter 131: Section 64

Section 64. A person shall not use... any tracer or incendiary ammunition for hunting or outdoor target shooting purposes except on a skeet, trap, or target range.

...So I am betting that you will not find a club that allows you to fire any tracer or incendiary ammunition out of a rifle or handgun.

Um... "except on a skeet, trap, or target range."

Like incendiary, not in MA.

Incediary in MA is OK. I blow stuff up all the time with incendiary spotters I've loaded for pistol and rifle rounds. Expensive, but good fun. Cite in previous posts references tracer or incendiary....

Tannerite in MA (mixing it and detonating it) is a no-no though.

Incediary in MA is OK. I blow stuff up all the time with incendiary spotters I've loaded for pistol and rifle rounds. Expensive, but good fun. Cite in previous posts references tracer or incendiary....

Tannerite in MA (mixing it and detonating it) is a no-no though.

Ah yes, there is a target range exception. I only saw trap or skeet.

Who knows? Maybe there will be some excitement at the NES shoot on the 20th of March. I may bring along some things that light up or go bang and produce a lot of blue smoke. [smile]

Last edited:
Who knows? Maybe there will be some excitement at the NES shoot on the 20th of March. I may bring along some things that light up or go bang and produce a lot of blue smoke. [smile]

Does the range to be used allow gyrojet ammo? (you know, little rockets)

Until something changes, Tannerite is illegal to mix and detonate in MA.

Letter.jpg

And efforts made to propose a more reasonable regulation (along the lines of those currently in place for Cannons) was not even given the respect of being looked at.

Last edited:
At least they are open for us to have, even if we need to go elsewhere to use them. It was be a nightmare if there was some sort of constructive possession type statute in existence. Then we would have to store them out of the state if we were to want to use them when in NH.

Back
Top Bottom