• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any Ranges closer (to Lynnfield MA) than Manchester NH that rent/let you shoot their guns?

GlockJock

NES Member
My nephew, newly LTC, looking to try different carry options but we live in MA (Lynnfield) and to my knowledge there aren't any ranges nearby that are similar to, say, Manchester Firing Line (been there a few times. My wife loved shooting the Uzi.. I loved the feel of the "free" NH air LOL) that let you try out various guns etc, rentals etc...
I've been to the place in Attleboro MA and they do rentals (or used to) but that's even further time wise and more traffic BS than going up to Manchester, etc...

Anyone know of other options? (And as I always say when I post questions: thanks in advance!).

Granite State in Hudson, NH comes to mind. I almost rented some range time there before I joined Pelham but passed. Them wanting to hold my DL was the point where I drew the line. They might have smart enough people behind the counter, but I don't trust anyone keeping hold of my DL for any length of time. A copy would have been one thing. But actually keeping my DL, pass. I'm sure others that have gone there have had no issues with this. They might have changed their policy. But I have no need, or desire, to try them again.

The best thing about Granite State Is they rent by caliber. So if you are looking at 9mm carry options, you can shoot their whole inventory of 9mm firearms for the price of one rental.

MA Firearms School in Holliston has a range and you can rent guns there. I don’t know what their inventory is for testing, but it may be worth checking out.

My nephew, newly LTC, looking to try different carry options but we live in MA (Lynnfield) and to my knowledge there aren't any ranges nearby that are similar to, say, Manchester Firing Line (been there a few times. My wife loved shooting the Uzi.. I loved the feel of the "free" NH air LOL) that let you try out various guns etc, rentals etc...
I've been to the place in Attleboro MA and they do rentals (or used to) but that's even further time wise and more traffic BS than going up to Manchester, etc...

Anyone know of other options? (And as I always say when I post questions: thanks in advance!).

North shore is basically away from all of them, so you're not really going to save any time, better off just shopping the place with the best deal on what you want to shoot.

Of course it sucks that we don't have NES shoots anymore, if you bring ammo that was a great venue to try, well, everything. [angry]

Granite State in Hudson, NH comes to mind. I almost rented some range time there before I joined Pelham but passed. Them wanting to hold my DL was the point where I drew the line. They might have smart enough people behind the counter, but I don't trust anyone keeping hold of my DL for any length of time. A copy would have been one thing. But actually keeping my DL, pass. I'm sure others that have gone there have had no issues with this. They might have changed their policy. But I have no need, or desire, to try them again.
Holding license is good. And harmless. Unless you are special. Or tin foil head nut case paranoid. No one cares about your DL.

Ensures you check back in in way out. And return anything they gave you (tag etc).

I had a pretty good time at on target in dracut. They let you shoot steel case in 7.62X39 which is a big draw for me, most other public ranges (other than the firing line) seem to prohibit it.

I like Granite State, they have a good selection to rent with some unique stuff too (shot a Maxim 9 there this weekend, fun gun). Yes they hold your license if you aren't a member, that really shouldn't be a huge deal though

Holding license is good. And harmless. Unless you are special. Or tin foil head nut case paranoid. No one cares about your DL.

Ensures you check back in in way out. And return anything they gave you (tag etc).
They could write a second volume of the DSM based on some of the tinfoil talk you see on here.

Back
Top Bottom