• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

any pawn shops around ma

stiggy1972

Banned
I am wondering if there are any pawn shops/gun shops that take music instruments and pro audio gear in trade for guns,ammo and accesorys but must be ma compliant guns

Any such pawn shops would not be trading guns from shop inventory as it is illegal to loan money secured by guns in MA (I think they tweaked the law a few years ago to exclude business loans to manufacturers/shops, and retained the ban on pawn style loans on firearms).

Any such pawn shops would not be trading guns from shop inventory as it is illegal to loan money secured by guns in MA (I think they tweaked the law a few years ago to exclude business loans to manufacturers/shops, and retained the ban on pawn style loans on firearms).

This^

However, if a Mass pawn shop had an FFL, they could buy guns outright, but not take a gun in as collateral on a loan.

bummer ive got a lot of stuff music related that I would like to trade in for my firearm collection. hobby jumping over here

Sounds like a trip to a pawn shop and THEN to a gun shop is in order. Honestly though, unless your desperate for money, I would stay away from a pawn shop. You'll only get a percentage of what your stuff is worth. You're better off selling your stuff online. Ebay, Craigs List, this forum, forums that are specific to what you are selling, etc'.....

pawn shops will pay you crap. Sell on CL first, if you have a lot of music related stuff, look for a forum like this one geared towards music, etc.

In the classifieds here, I have been offered trades that I was not interested in, and some low offers, but NOTHING like the idiocy I get on CL.

Let's say I have a lawn tractor for sale for $700.

These would be typical NES inquiries.

"Hey I saw the riding mower you had for sale, any interest in a Snap On toolbox? I paid $1,500 for it."
"I have $400 and a Ruger 10/22 with a brick of ammo."
"Would you take $500?"

These would be craigslist inquiries.

"Hey I want the mower but I can't pay for it all at once, can I give you $100 and the use the mower to mow some laws to make money, then I can give you $65 a week until it's paid off"

"Would you take $250 for it?"

"Would you trade for 17 Comcast cable boxes and $25 Friendly's gift card?"

"Jesus told me in a dream a man would list this tractor and give it to me for free, I believe you are that man"

"I need a mower but all I have is a $2,000 check. I will sign it over to you, you give me the mower, and you just write me a check back for $1,300"

Back
Top Bottom