Any other Whovians?

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I think the BBC is the CNN of UK. They do not care if their viewership drops to nothing, just so long as everything is politically correct.

btw, have not seen a truly great doctor who episode since Tom Baker moved on. He was the nads!
Most of them were decent up until they decided to go with the old guy. Even then, I could manage to sit through them although it was a challenge due to his unintelligible speech. But now? Forgot it I'm done other than to watch the drama about how much the show sucks.

Kevin_NH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Who is writing these crap "woke" episodes? They need to bring back Steven Moffat (Blink, etc).

btw, have not seen a truly great doctor who episode since Tom Baker moved on. He was the nads!
Much of the magic of #4 came from the writing staff, especially the influence of Douglas Adams, Terry Nation (inventor of the Daleks), Hinchcliffe, etc.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Much of the magic of #4 came from the writing staff, especially the influence of Douglas Adams, Terry Nation (inventor of the Daleks), Hinchcliffe, etc.
I am not going to argue that

The production staff was top notch too, all sorts of scary sets long before CGI

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
No more Christmas special?
It now seems that the winter
solstice episode is now a New
Year’s Day special? Can’t have
people thinking that Dr Who
might be one of those Christmas
types. Worse yet he might even
be an evil Christian! Keep it
up SJW’s you still have a few
viewers to alienate.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No more Christmas special?
It now seems that the winter
solstice episode is now a New
Year’s Day special? Can’t have
people thinking that Dr Who
might be one of those Christmas
types. Worse yet he might even
be an evil Christian! Keep it
up SJW’s you still have a few
viewers to alienate.
if i want to get woke watching doctor who, i will make a pot of coffee.

Just turn it off....if there are no ratings, they will fire the current writers and that talentless ugly female doctor too

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yup, though in the last few years, it's lost it's charm. I started watching when Tom Baker was the "Doctah". I loved the campiness and dreadful visuals (Spacecraft on a clearly seen monofilament string, etc) but the story lines were great for that era. I still love going back and watching them on Britbox though I hated K9 (as did Tom).

There were also some incredibly sexy "companions"

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Wow, this thread is still here. I had forgotten entirely. I see no one's been commenting... probably because the show sucks so bad now that no one watches it, so what is the point.

Have they been canceled yet? I have no idea. Would anyone notice?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this thread is still here. I had forgotten entirely. I see no one's been commenting... probably because the show sucks so bad now that no one watches it, so what is the point.

Have they been canceled yet? I have no idea. Would anyone notice?
I started with Tom Baker and stopped watching halfway through Peter Davison's years. I liked Peter Davison as the Doctor but his biggest problem was that he was not Tom Baker. (Nothing against Mr. Davison personally, of course!)

I have bought some of the early (1st Doctor) episodes on DVD and the stories are for the most part amazing. Well worth a watch. We (the kids and I) are watching all the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Doctors' episodes....then seeing all the Tom Baker ones, and then watching the entirety of Peter Davison's ones. This is just to finish what I didn't finish in the 1980s and also just to say that I saw all of them. And then, I will call it a day half-century! Our kids are welcome to watch beyond Peter Davison of course, and I'll join them if they're into it and want me to, but I NEVER got into anyone after him....

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup, though in the last few years, it's lost it's charm. I started watching when Tom Baker was the "Doctah". I loved the campiness and dreadful visuals (Spacecraft on a clearly seen monofilament string, etc) but the story lines were great for that era. I still love going back and watching them on Britbox though I hated K9 (as did Tom).

There were also some incredibly sexy "companions"
I'll say
1575348724166.png

but now that we are all sufficiently "woke", give me fat ugly lesbian side kicks!

Kevin_NH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Showrunner Chris Chibnall (same guy who pushed not just for a femme doctor, but specifically for Jodie to play the role) is making big promises about season 12:
Episode one is probably the biggest episode of Doctor Who we’ve done, or has been done, I would imagine. Physically, there’s a lot of stunts, there’s a lot of locations, it’s a globe-trotting action thriller,” he said. “But you don’t want to lose sight of character and intimacy and emotion. You can’t do everything at 11.”
He can promise all he wants; the series is dead to me after all the preaching in S11.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Showrunner Chris Chibnall (same guy who pushed not just for a femme doctor, but specifically for Jodie to play the role) is making big promises about season 12:

He can promise all he wants; the series is dead to me after all the preaching in S11.
I laugh at those promises. Previous seasons had the entire universe about to be destroyed, more than once IIRC. I don't really know how you get much more ambitious than that. I see from the screen capture in the article that it shows those 4 dopey useless no talent poorly acted companions still there. So, I know I'm not missing anything. What good are they?

Top Bottom