Any one want an armslist chuckle?

All the Fudds in NH are going FR on Armslist now. At least 25% are now requiring FFL transfer of handguns. "Must transfer at FFL!!!!!" and "If you're not willing to register the gun in your name don't respond!!!!" (his words, not mine). Let's see, most listings on NES in MA; stuff on A/L now wanting FFL transfers. Running out of places to buy like a freedom-loving person!
Registration in NH??? News to me.

All the Fudds in NH are going FR on Armslist now. At least 25% are now requiring FFL transfer of handguns. "Must transfer at FFL!!!!!" and "If you're not willing to register the gun in your name don't respond!!!!" (his words, not mine). Let's see, most listings on NES in MA; stuff on A/L now wanting FFL transfers. Running out of places to buy like a freedom-loving person!

So this made me curious, so I went browsing Armlist. While I didn't see the exact entry you mentioned, I did notice a large number of "FFL transfer" ads, and was amused by the number and variations of what people call the NH Pistol and Revolver License (P&RL), including "CCP, CCWP, CCW, LTC, carry permit, concealed carry, gun permit, etc."

But, here's my all-time favorite ad:

CaptureTP.JPG

A true sign of the times.

Registration in NH??? News to me.
My guess is he means FFL transfer with a 4473 kind of "binds it" to you in a sense. I did a bill of sale for a private purchase, so it's not "registered" in the govt sense, but the other party and I (if he kept his copy) has a signed record of it.

Reminds me of that guy who was posting on here that he wanted to buy "a 9mm or 45 for about $500, FTF only" - that threw up the red flags. Didn't care the model or caliber, lol.

When someone asked if he had his P&R (required for pistols if you don't know the buyer), he replied, "I don't need one."

My guess is he means FFL transfer with a 4473 kind of "binds it" to you in a sense. I did a bill of sale for a private purchase, so it's not "registered" in the govt sense, but the other party and I (if he kept his copy) has a signed record of it.

Reminds me of that guy who was posting on here that he wanted to buy "a 9mm or 45 for about $500, FTF only" - that threw up the red flags. Didn't care the model or caliber, lol.

When someone asked if he had his P&R (required for pistols if you don't know the buyer), he replied, "I don't need one."

Should have replied, "well, Mr. ATF (or local) have fun without it then."

Should have replied, "well, Mr. ATF (or local) have fun without it then."

In fairness, a lot of people don't understand the NH RSA that requires a person to either have a P&RL or "be personally known." Since CC was passed, a lot of folks in NH, when asked about a P&RL, automaticaly reply "Oh, we don't need one of those anymore." Never assume malice when ignorance or negligence is the easier answer.

In fairness, a lot of people don't understand the NH RSA that requires a person to either have a P&RL or "be personally known." Since CC was passed, a lot of folks in NH, when asked about a P&RL, automaticaly reply "Oh, we don't need one of those anymore." Never assume malice when ignorance or negligence is the easier answer.
I get where they'd think they don't need one anymore - based on that. Just annoyed by the number of people insisting on FFL transfer now. I get if some feel uncomfortable, but then they should just put it on consignment or sell it to their FFL. No sense in driving a couple of hours to meet someone, and then doing paperwork followed by a wait (can be up to a couple of days now). If I'm going to do that, I'll just drive to a known FFL dealer and expect to wait.

I get where they'd think they don't need one anymore - based on that. Just annoyed by the number of people insisting on FFL transfer now. I get if some feel uncomfortable, but then they should just put it on consignment or sell it to their FFL. No sense in driving a couple of hours to meet someone, and then doing paperwork followed by a wait (can be up to a couple of days now). If I'm going to do that, I'll just drive to a known FFL dealer and expect to wait.

Agree 100%. "Must transfer at FFL" is an automatic fail for me, as I think it is for a lot of people for exactly the reason you noted. I'm looking at Armslist for a quick, "meet you in the Home Depot parking lot after work" easy transaction. If I have to go to an FFL, during his hours, and wait on his availability, etc., I'll just look elsewhere.

I would never sell or buy on Armslist.

I've had pretty good luck on GB. I've recently had a couple of young guys win and then think they could back out without any consequences.

I've never had anyone try to rip me off as a buyer.

My experience at GunsAmerica has been excellent. I've never met anyone but high quality buyers and sellers.
Because its not an auction site, during the last panic, I was able to pick up some minor items at excellent prices.

Don

I'll ship a mag to anyone in NH. Possession isn't regulated at a federal or state level.

So selling some mags on armslist. Asked for pic of ltc, validation, and said I can only ship to the address on your ltc. To my knowledge that is pretty standard procedure as well as the law around these parts. If I am in the wrong feel free to roast me as this little dweeb did.

give me 10 min if you want ill find out where uncle jimmy lives :p

I've had pretty good luck on GB. I've recently had a couple of young guys win and then think they could back out without any consequences.

My experience at GunsAmerica has been excellent. I've never met anyone but high quality buyers and sellers.
Because its not an auction site, during the last panic, I was able to pick up some minor items at excellent prices.

Don
I’ve had the best luck selling guns on Armslist. Way better than NES I hate to say.

That's interesting. I've only had one problem on NES. Part of the good record is my use of a more polite set of Goose rules.

if youdon't know what that is. There was a member "Goose" would would put this at the end of his classified ads.

The Goose's Disclaimer:
First and foremost if you want something I am selling then say “I will take it”. I do not consider questions or inquiries as a commitment of any sort. Terms like “I am interested” mean nothing. The fact that we may be having a dialogue does not mean that I am waiting for you to make a decision. The person who steps up and says “I will take it, when do we meet” closes the deal.
• I expect you to read the ad. Every single time I sell anything I get at least one and usually multiple questions about something that is already stated in the ad. Yes it has a 5” barrel AS STATED IN THE FREAKIN” AD!
• I expect YOU to know that you want the item. I am not a store. Do your own research and visit a gun shop if you just want to handle a particular gun. And no I will not meet you at your club so you can try it out to see if you like it. Of course you get to inspect the gun before you buy it, but barring a mechanical or condition issue I expect you to buy it. If you are not sure then do not waste my time. I once met a prospective buyer at the range so that he could try out a revolver I was selling. After trying it out and BSing for more then an hour he simply said that it just did not fit his hand right. WTF!
• If you want to negotiate that is fine, but do not start out by telling me that my price is too high. This is not a good way to make friends and influence people. I have never made a dime on any private sale ever. In fact I routinely lose money and have often cut deals for a friend. I may be asking more then you want to pay, but the price is never too high. Also as stated in the first item above I do not consider negotiating a form of commitment. If you are in the process of offering less then I am asking and someone else says “I will take it” then you lose. Don’t bitch at me.
• I reserve the right to sell to whoever the hell I want. Having said that I scrupulously sell to the first person who makes a firm commitment. Provided that person does not piss me off. Such as demanding that the transaction take place that day, when it does not work for me. Also do not assume that just because you are the first person to post a reply on the forum that you are also the first person to contact me directly. Not everyone posts a reply, some folks just PM an “I will take it”. I am not obligated to justify anything to some guy I have never met who demands to know why he did not get the deal when he believes he was the first in line. You may also rest assured that if you take that tack that you will also not be first in line if the initial deal falls through.
• Do not ask me if it is MA compliant. Actually, feel free to ask me, but if you are depending upon my answer without doing your own research then you should not even be participating in a private transaction. Do your own damn research.
• Do not agree to a deal on line and then offer me less when we meet. If that happens the deal is over, no matter what. A deal is a deal. The time to negotiate is during the initial transaction, once the deal is made that’s it.

So selling some mags on armslist. Asked for pic of ltc, validation, and said I can only ship to the address on your ltc. To my knowledge that is pretty standard procedure as well as the law around these parts. If I am in the wrong feel free to roast me as this little dweeb did.
Wow, what an asshat

I’ve had the best luck selling guns on Armslist. Way better than NES I hate to say.

I haven't had any luck on Armslist. As a seller I just got lots of "yeah i'll vemvo you the cash and my cousin'll swing by your place tonight to grab it." As a buyer someone sent me a totally misrepristented gun that took a month of threats to sic the ATF on him before he'd take it back.

Don

I absolutely don't get the Armslist hate on here. Case in point:

I saw this ad pop up on Armslist Tuesday.

Capture.JPG

That seemed like a hell of a deal, so I hit Contact Seller, and he responded within a couple of hours. We set the meet at the Home Depot that evening, did the deed in less time that it took to type this sentence, and the gun now sits in my safe less than 12 hours after I hit "Contact Seller." And it's not atypical of my Armslist experience.

I absolutely don't get the hate. I love this.

Usually have OK luck on Armslist. Last time, I emailed 3 or 4 different sellers and had no response. Finally put out a WTB ad and had a response.

Will trade condoms for guns..

Approx 3,000ct assorted trojan brand condoms. Most are sorted and packed in bulk boxes. Bought ten thousand off ebay t osave money but I'm not makin the progress I'd like. Looking to trade for firearms, preferably sks or .308 semi auto.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

lol most of the armslist criticisms on here are of things i have run into on this site as well. Percentage wise, i have had less people flake on me from armslist than on this forum.

I purchased a couple of guns from AL without issue. I’ve been lucky to have had only one person flake out on me here, but it wasn’t anything big, but an occasional plinker. So no big deal.

Last edited:
He doesn't live in the state but wants the mags shipped to a MA address that doesn't correspond to his MA LTC????

Damn I'm confused.

Me too. If I was giving someone a gift I would much prefer handing it to the recipient myself. I would never have a seller send anything directly. Was he also gonna ask that the mags be gift wrapped and include an engraved card?

For Sale: S&W m&p 2.0 compact 9mm

Brand new only 50 rounds put through it , comes with kydex owb belt holster, nice case it came with and the extra magazine :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom