Any one want an armslist chuckle?

... I can come up with no law that requires a non dealer to check their LTC or any of your other terms. If someone is aware of one, please point us all at it.

In the case of a LCFD, the transferee must have an LTC:

MGL 140-129C said:
Nothing in this section shall permit the sale or transfer of any large capacity rifle or shotgun or large capacity feeding device therefor to any person not in possession of a Class A or Class B license to carry firearms issued under section 131, or of any large capacity firearm or large capacity feeding device therefor to any person not in possession of a Class A license to carry firearms issued under section 131.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section129C

If the transferee is sans LTC, the penalty for the transferor is 2.5-10 years imprisonment:

MGL 269-10F said:
(a) Any person who sells, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, gives or otherwise transfers any large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device, both as defined in section 121 of chapter 140, to a person 18 years of age or over, except as permitted under this section or chapter 140, shall be punished by imprisonment in a state prison for not less than two and one-half years nor more than ten years.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section10F

Arguably, a non-large capacity feeding device does not require a license to possess, but I digress.

3byxty.jpg

It's not a law, but if someone does something bad with it and points to "you" as the seller,....
yeah, my logic, also. len, i probably speak for many...i hope after your move you are planning to stay current with mass firearm laws. personally i think you're a national treasure here on nes, a voice of reason if you will. [thumbsup]

i'm use to being asked for a copy of my ltc when i do almost any mail ordering out side the state. magazines in particular, 50/50. i've bought mags from sellers here on nes, some asked for a copy, some didn't. same with online stores, a few will request it and others don't bother. not talking exotic hi caps either, usually the neutered massachusetts ones. forking over a ltc copy to a vendor use to bother me buy it goes with the territory now. me, if i sold mags online i'd ask also for a copy...now days.

Me too. OP called him stupid in the third post.

But i do like the grammar schooling.
I was talking about auto correct, however in my penultimate response I did ask him how his dad feels having a c*** for a child. The response seems to be cut off in the pic.

So selling some mags on armslist. Asked for pic of ltc, validation, and said I can only ship to the address on your ltc. To my knowledge that is pretty standard procedure as well as the law around these parts. If I am in the wrong feel free to roast me as this little dweeb did.
Great job dude!!!! That was Maura setting a trap!!!!

He doesn't live in the state but wants the mags shipped to a MA address that doesn't correspond to his MA LTC????

Damn I'm confused.

This sounds like those episodes on Reddit/Chive where some woman is trying to berate a seller to sell something off CL for micro-pennies on the dollar. "Fine. If you want to ruin my child's birthday" is the CL version of the Armslist "These are for my daddy."

I used that line to try and buy Penthouse at 13. It didn't work then. It doesn't work now.

Wait. Now I’m confused ...

Did you try to buy the Penthouse with “Fine. If you want to ruin my child's birthday" or "These are for my daddy” ...?

R

In the case of a LCFD, the transferee must have an LTC:

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section129C

If the transferee is sans LTC, the penalty for the transferor is 2.5-10 years imprisonment:

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section10F

Arguably, a non-large capacity feeding device does not require a license to possess, but I digress.

I like digressions. Digressions such as there not being a need to lock up low capacity rifles/shotguns in your car, or firearms. 140 131C being so poorly written it likely does not do what was intended.

Thanks for 129C. I tend to not remember the requirements on non-dealers as well as I should. 140 123 already covers delivery of LCFD so is what I know for dealers. I had forgotten about 129C and the impact on everyone else.

yeah, my logic, also. len, i probably speak for many...i hope after your move you are planning to stay current with mass firearm laws. personally i think you're a national treasure here on nes, a voice of reason if you will. [thumbsup]

i'm use to being asked for a copy of my ltc when i do almost any mail ordering out side the state. magazines in particular, 50/50. i've bought mags from sellers here on nes, some asked for a copy, some didn't. same with online stores, a few will request it and others don't bother. not talking exotic hi caps either, usually the neutered massachusetts ones. forking over a ltc copy to a vendor use to bother me buy it goes with the territory now. me, if i sold mags online i'd ask also for a copy...now days.
I don't like my name in "lights", so I'll ask for the LTC.

Yes, I plan on keeping up on the Mass insanity and running my Mass Gun Law Seminar from NH once I'm permanently out of Mass.

People here always sh*t on armslist yet i have had more positive experiences there then i have here. I have yet to have anyone flake out on me on armslist.... i can count on 2 hands how often that has happen to me on this forum.

I agree. I live by two simple rules for Armslist.

As a buyer, "There's always another gun." No matter how good the deal seems, there's always another gun. You can't think, "If I don't get this one, I'll never get one..."
As a seller, "Never list a gun you have to sell." It makes you desperate, and you become accepting of things you shouldn't.

It's not a law, but if someone does something bad with it and points to "you" as the seller, you'll find satellite trucks outside your home and your name all over the news, so it just isn't worth it not to check that the MA subject is legally able to possess the item.
Just look at the lengths they go to in order to find something like an inaccuracy on a 4473 that falls short of a PP lying (wrong or not current address) to string someone up on the chain that eventually gets the gun into the hands of a high profile criminal shooter. It's like post-ban mags. It looks like LEO doesn't give a rodents rectum but if you are involved in a shooting there is an excellent chance that the mags will be carefully examined to see if they can get you on this (in case the shoot is clean).

I've had four experiences with Armslist.

1. Tried to buy a gun, made a reasonable offer in line with the going prices . Seller sent me crazy ranting emails about how I was trying to cheat him and that I must be a flipper.
2. Bought a gun, gun turned out to be garbage and possibly illegal. Took a month for a seller to take it back and get a refund.
3. Tried to sell a gun, got mostly people who'd never follow up. Then one guy wanted me to ship the gun, but he would "send a guy" to my place to pick it up. When I told him I wasn't hanging with his "guy" he called me a scammer and said I must not own the gun in question.
4. Tried to buy a gun, seller was a Nigerian scammer.

Armslist is a magical place.

Last edited:
I've had four experiences with Armslist.

1. Tried to buy a gun, made a reasonable offer in line with the going prices . Seller sent me crazy ranting emails about how I was trying to cheat him and that I must be a flipper.
2. Bought a gun, gun turned out to be garbage and possibly illegal. Took a month for a seller to take it back and get a refund.
3. Tried to sell a gun, got mostly people who'd never follow up. Then one guy wanted me to ship the gun, but he would "send a guy" to my place to pick it up. When I told him I wasn't hanging with his "guy" he called me a scammer and said I must not own the gun in question.
4. Tried to buy a gun, seller was a Nigerian scammer.

Armslist is a magical place.
Whenever someone claims to be buying for a third party, that is an instant red flag.

There's a well-known scam on Armslist (I think they do the same on Craigslist) where you get an email from some guy who wants the gun, and will pay full price, and then you either ship it to an expired FFL or "my man will come and pick it up." I get enough of them that I can ID it before finishing the first line. Some day I'd like to say "Sure, send him around. We can meet in the PD parking lot" and see what turns up.

As someone said, I've had better luck (buying and selling) on Armslist than on NES; That's not an indictment of NES. Just my experience.

So selling some mags on armslist. Asked for pic of ltc, validation, and said I can only ship to the address on your ltc. To my knowledge that is pretty standard procedure as well as the law around these parts. If I am in the wrong feel free to roast me as this little dweeb did.

Only a problem in mAss.....

Jpk, why were you giving logan a hard time while attempting to buy mags? :p

All the Fudds in NH are going FR on Armslist now. At least 25% are now requiring FFL transfer of handguns. "Must transfer at FFL!!!!!" and "If you're not willing to register the gun in your name don't respond!!!!" (his words, not mine). Let's see, most listings on NES in MA; stuff on A/L now wanting FFL transfers. Running out of places to buy like a freedom-loving person!

Back
Top Bottom