Any one want an armslist chuckle?

So selling some mags on armslist. Asked for pic of ltc, validation, and said I can only ship to the address on your ltc. To my knowledge that is pretty standard procedure as well as the law around these parts. If I am in the wrong feel free to roast me as this little dweeb did.

Attachments

• Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 767
Guilty much?
JollyShowyAegeancat-small.gif

If he doesn’t live in MA then why is he sending you an LTC in the first place? Unless that’s a typo. $20 each? Kinda mags we talking about? I might be interested in a few, lol

True there is nothing saying you can't ship them to any address. And pretty sure as a seller you aren't required to check for the presence of an LTC (although it is a good idea) - the liability is possession not sale.

If you are an FFL then completely different story.

Well if they did a LTC Verification and sent it to you and the address is different than LTC, I'd ship to the Verified address. FRB doesn't re-issue LTC on an address change, so that could be legit.

Person doesn't have to have an unrestricted LTC to possess large-cap mags, just any LTC-A for pistol mags and A or B for rifle mags.

But with his attitude, I wouldn't sell him anything either.

Well if they did a LTC Verification and sent it to you and the address is different than LTC, I'd ship to the Verified address. FRB doesn't re-issue LTC on an address change, so that could be legit.

Person doesn't have to have an unrestricted LTC to possess large-cap mags, just any LTC-A for pistol mags and A or B for rifle mags.

But with his attitude, I wouldn't sell him anything either.
Hmm good know then. I guess I was lied to in my safety course haha.

Are you really obligated to check Mass LTC before selling a pre-ban mag? I see them piled in bins at Mass gun stores.

Are you really obligated to check Mass LTC before selling a pre-ban mag? I see them piled in bins at Mass gun stores.

I’ve purchased a handful pre-ban mags on here and some have asked for a copy of my LTC and others that haven’t. Seems to be completely up to the seller, and I’m fine with that.

So selling some mags on armslist. Asked for pic of ltc, validation, and said I can only ship to the address on your ltc. To my knowledge that is pretty standard procedure as well as the law around these parts. If I am in the wrong feel free to roast me as this little dweeb did.
your mags, your terms. (non) buyer was a twit.

But I can come up with no law that requires a non dealer to check their LTC or any of your other terms. If someone is aware of one, please point us all at it.

A dealer cannot deliver a large capacity feeding device to anyone w/o an appropriate LTC.

You're both wrong here...

OP no law states that your current address has to align with what's on your LTC. I guess as a seller, you can set your own conditions. Isn't armslist one big scam anyways?

Yup. Not only is there no law saying you have to ship anything to the address on the license, but many people have old addresses on their licenses anyway. Heck I’ve moved multiple times within the 6 year span before.

But I can come up with no law that requires a non dealer to check their LTC or any of your other terms. If someone is aware of one, please point us all at it.

A dealer cannot deliver a large capacity feeding device to anyone w/o an appropriate LTC.
It's not a law, but if someone does something bad with it and points to "you" as the seller, you'll find satellite trucks outside your home and your name all over the news, so it just isn't worth it not to check that the MA subject is legally able to possess the item.

The Banned Barrister aka Scrivener once defended a guy that was was strung up for selling mags, unsure of the circumstances. I think the accused ran his mouth too much about his business, though. I avoid mass bullshit at all opportunities. Usually this means ammo, non shit mags change hands in an NH or ME parking lot, where none of that shit matters.

-Mike

He doesn't live in the state but wants the mags shipped to a MA address that doesn't correspond to his MA LTC????

Damn I'm confused.

This sounds like those episodes on Reddit/Chive where some woman is trying to berate a seller to sell something off CL for micro-pennies on the dollar. "Fine. If you want to ruin my child's birthday" is the CL version of the Armslist "These are for my daddy."

I used that line to try and buy Penthouse at 13. It didn't work then. It doesn't work now.

Back
Top Bottom