• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any one else having trouble finding .41 mag shells?

I have a SS 657 4 inch ported .41 mag. I rarely shoot it because it's gotten real hard to shells for it.

Remington has them on their web site as still making them. But it seems there impossible to get.

I finally got some Winchester 175GR. Silvertips .41 mags from Northeast trading who were good enough to special order them for me. Their a good carry round but the Remingtots in 210 are what I really want.

I see all sorts of wierd calibers stocked in the gunshops. Granted their mostly rifle shells, even so is because I'm the only one left in the state with a .41. Any one know where I can get some?

Check with Four Seasons Firearms in Woburn, Collectors in Stoneham and just as a lark . . . check Wal-Mart (never know)!

I am sure that one or both of the above gun shops will order what you want if you can't get a friendly out-of-state source to send product to you.

If you do find an out-of-state source, do us (and them) all a favor and insist that you send them a copy of your LTC and DL to keep on file. Those that refused them or didn't ask for them were the AG's targets, and they really were in the wrong for shipping without proper documentation that the purchaser was legally eligible to possess ammo.

FWIW, in the PM I gave a manufacturer in my area (he's not cheap, but does have stuff that NOBODY else does, and he has 41's).

MidWay has it as well, but if they'll ship to Mass is another matter, unkown to me.

Hey, Nickel, do you know of anyone who loads 7.63 Mannlicher? I have a friend who's got a 1905 Mannlicher (OK, I know that it's just a 1901 that was made at the end of the run) who'd love to be able to fire it.

Ross

How much of it do you want?

You can pick it up Labor Day weekend, if you like. Pop's shop isn't all that far from Ripton, or I can bring it up there with me.

Well, I'll post it here, so everyone can see it. I'm talking about the 7.63x21 (AKA 7.63 Mannlicher/7.65 Mannlicher).

I just spoke to my father. He's says he can make it, he's unsure of the cost of the ammo at this point, he can make the cases from reasonably common stuff, but will have to do a little lathe work. He'll need the pistol to do it, so he can make sure the ammo fits. The R&D work would be no charge, just the ammo price.

Thread Moved to Ammo Forum

Moved to ammo forum per Nickle's suggestion.

It might be best to look at what forum something best fits before posting a new thread. It makes future searches a lot easier that way.

Thanks.

Thanks guys I really found a lot of help out of these replies. I found a source for the brass and every thing else, on e-bay of all places. Your replies got me thinking and probaly in trouble with the wife, why don't I start reloading myself. It's the perfect hobby for some one who's retired. If you hear a loud bang it's me screwing up.

Let me know if you have ANY questions, or need sources. I'll help you find stuff, and they only info I don't share is loading data, but, I will direct you to good manuals.

ETA - Start searching the Reloading Forum. There's a world of tips on getting equipment, without getting beat up too badly.

Back
Top Bottom