• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any NRA Golden Eagles on here?

Anybody know what the NRA Golden Eagle membership ($200) is all about? Looks to me as just another way to ask for money from an already Life member and long time regular member with the promise of more free gifts.

Got an envelope today with a letter that states i have been nominated for the "NRA National Patriot Medal" and for the "Golden Eagle membership"

It also states "that this medal is awarded neither casually nor widely". To be honest it seems exactly like an endowment upgrade for $200.

Anyone else on here getting their eagle on?

Anybody know what the NRA Golden Eagle membership ($200) is all about? Looks to me as just another way to ask for money from an already Life member and long time regular member with the promise of more free gifts.

Got an envelope today with a letter that states i have been nominated for the "NRA National Patriot Medal" and for the "Golden Eagle membership"

It also states "that this medal is awarded neither casually nor widely". To be honest it seems exactly like an endowment upgrade for $200.

I may have already won 10 million dollars.

Yeah, and if you get that one, there is a super special level with a handshake and beret.

The first time I ever gave $1,000 to my favorite charity in one year they sent me this whole package welcoming me to the Ambassador level. Now they ask me to give $2,500 a year, and send me all sorts of crap to make me feel better about myself.

I just want to help poor people in global shitholes become self-sufficient. I don't really care about the window dressing.

Back to NRA, I mostly support the smaller local groups. I have to be honest, when I sent a donation to Second Amendment Foundation and they sent me a plaque, I was pissed beyond words. A friggin' plaque? What, so I can put it on the wall with my NRA certifications and pictures of my drum circle?

Nothing makes me stop supporting a non-profit faster than when they start wasting money asking me for more of mine, usually in the same letter acknowledging my donation.

Just like the higher levels, it's just an ego boost. Put that money towards the NRA-ILA.

I think I've been nominated to join their ranks twice. It's effectively a scam.

Got one also. I was fine when $77.83 got you 4 pieces of swag I could Karma here. Only thing I could Karma is the hat. Worthless "upgrade" in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom