Any Norfolkians?

Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
Not the county, the town. Who all lives in Norfolk? Would like to stay in Walpole but it seems we can get a little more house and land for our money in Norfolk. If you live there how is the town? Also thinking of looking in Millis, Franklin, and Easton.

Buck Faker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Not the county, the town. Who all lives in Norfolk? Would like to stay in Walpole but it seems we can get a little more house and land for our money in Norfolk. If you live there how is the town? Also thinking of looking in Millis, Franklin, and Easton.
I’m in Wrenthamland right next door. I’d have zero issues moving to Nofork (you have to pronounce it norFORK if you‘re gonna live there though, otherwise they’ll know you’re from Walpoe).

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My only concern is are the two correctional institutions in that town.
Ha, I miss reading court documents from MCI - Norfolk and MCI - Cedar Junction.

I've been up in that area here and there and its ok. There's ways to find town crime maps, which would allow you to see crime rates near the MCIs. I personally wouldn't want to live so close to Gillette. Even on a normal day, Route 1 is a traffic epicenter. If you're commuting into Boston, I'd try to live as close to the Commuter Rail as possible. If not, I'd instead look outside 495.

Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
Ha, I miss reading court documents from MCI - Norfolk and MCI - Cedar Junction.

I've been up in that area here and there and its ok. There's ways to find town crime maps, which would allow you to see crime rates near the MCIs. I personally wouldn't want to live so close to Gillette. Even on a normal day, Route 1 is a traffic epicenter. If you're commuting into Boston, I'd try to live as close to the Commuter Rail as possible. If not, I'd instead look outside 495.
I don't think I could live closer to Gillette if I tried lol. Im about a mile from the stadium right off Rt.1. I can hear the concerts and it's really not that bad. I do like being close to the highway as well for easy on easy off. Our commute to work is to Westwood, though given current circumstances we will be working from home for quite some time. The rt.1 traffic noise can be annoying. The particular stretch we live near seems to be ripe for the Harley crowd.

vario

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Check the tax rate of the listed towns. Norfolk does not allow industry, so no tax base other than homeowners. For that reason i have been in Franklin since 89.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I live next door in Medfield. Norfolk is a very nice town. One of my BFF's lives there and loves it. And the PD is very 2A friendly.

lowbuckbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
No offense, but if you're moving, why would you stay in communist lockdown Massachusetts? Go to a free state! (I'm hoping to do so soon myself...).

BTW, I'm next door in Foxboro. Norfolk is very nice.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
F Easton! Filled with uppity Karens in their pricy cars thinking they own the town. It was that way in the 1980's driving their gold-edition white Mercedes and Camry's (a hot Karen car of that era) and it goes on today.

Great school system. Crowded roads. Neat history. I love Easton history. But F Easton. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice quiet, safe town. The prisons are NOT a problem for anyone.
Norfolk will stay nice for a couple more years until they build 20 more condo buildings like is happening in Walpole.

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Years ago I turned down a transfer and promotion in Norfolk because I hated trying to figure out how to pronounce it. I tried NorFIK, NorFOLK, NorFORK,...
I guess NorFOLK is correct but man. it just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
Thanks all. I'm paying $6500 in taxes anyways for a smaller lot and house. Taxes seem to be on par, or more, for the other towns. Seem to get more house and land for the money in the other towns.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Years ago I turned down a transfer and promotion in Norfolk because I hated trying to figure out how to pronounce it. I tried NorFIK, NorFOLK, NorFORK,...
I guess NorFOLK is correct but man. it just doesn't roll off the tongue.
People change city/town name pronunciations all the time, especially if they don't like the original city theirs was named after.

Up in NH we have the the town of Berlin. Most people would pronounce it "Burr-LYNN", but in NH it's pronounced "BURR-lynn", with the emphasis on the first syllable.
Same for Milan. Instead of "mi-LAHN", it's "MY-lynn".

Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
What's everyone think of Millis and raising some kids there? I've driven by a few times roads seem to suck. But seemed like a nice little town a little country taxes seem on par with Walpole.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
People change city/town name pronunciations all the time, especially if they don't like the original city theirs was named after.

Up in NH we have the the town of Berlin. Most people would pronounce it "Burr-LYNN", but in NH it's pronounced "BURR-lynn", with the emphasis on the first syllable.

There is a Versailles OH that is pronounced Ver-Sails! Barre VT and mASS. Bare? Bahr? Barry??? It's Barry, unless you are at a dance studio, then it's bahr, unless it's at the nudist colony, then it's bare. ;)

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Like the people who grew up in Winchendon but pronounce it Winchington. Or people who call Westminster Westminister.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’m in Walpole, but have lived in Norfolk. It’s a nice town but some simple things like no trash pick up sucks. Their dump is easy enough to get to and do your thing, when I was there we had to buy bag stickers, not sure if that is still true.
I am now about a mile from Norfolk’s town line in Walpole, and 1.3 miles from the prison. The prison has never been an issue, besides being ugly it’s just something you drive by.

Top Bottom