Any NESers belong to RI clubs/ranges?

DW357

NES Member
My sister lives in Coventry, RI and will be picking up her first gun today (Ruger SR9) and is wondering about places to shoot. She told me that MidState Guns place that has a shooting range but the membership is $300 per year or $25 per hour per person for non members. Being on a tight budget (as I loaned her money for her first gun) that's quite a bit of money for her to spend every year. $25 per hour isn't bad if she only shoots like 4 or 5 times per year but I'm sure she'd want to go more than that. Doing some quick googling around the coventry area they have a few in the area.

Providence revolver club, Blue water sportsmans club in Warwick?, South County Rod & Gun Club in West Greenwich, and Tri-Town Rod & Gun Club in Foster. I dont know how much the Providence one is or the Warwick one, but the one in Foster is $150 per year, and the Greenwich one is $200 plus NRA membership.

Anyone from RI have advice/recommendations?

You wont find to many people from RI or anywhere else on here, I think they should rename the forum MAshooters instead.

Yeah there aren't many for sure, I've had a few people PM me but it seems like most of the clubs in RI have pretty expensive memberships. $300+

She's going to stick with Midstate guns in Coventry and pay the fee each time she shoots there.

I am a member at Tiverton Rod and gun, a little fare from here but its a great place, has a rally nice outdoor range and almost done doing a complete overhaul on the indoor range. tons of hiking trails to. I like it there and membership is 170ish a year. when the indoor range opens back up it will be open 24/7. If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me

I am a member at Tiverton Rod and gun, a little fare from here but its a great place, has a rally nice outdoor range and almost done doing a complete overhaul on the indoor range. tons of hiking trails to. I like it there and membership is 170ish a year. when the indoor range opens back up it will be open 24/7. If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me

I am also a memeber of Tiverton, any idea when the indoor will be done? I was just down there last weekend but forgot to ask anyone.

I am also a memeber of Tiverton, any idea when the indoor will be done? I was just down there last weekend but forgot to ask anyone.

At the sept meeting it was looking like beginning of July, wasn't at the October meeting so don't know if it's still on schedule

Thanks for the info. Looking to join in Jan as I missed the orientation last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the guys I shoot with in my MA league shoot for Providence Revolver and Cumberland Beagle. I hear great things about both clubs. Not sure how far they are from you.

Back
Top Bottom