• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any Military exceptions in Mass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm editing this post here.

I'm learning a lot up here in the Free state of Maine. Being a Mass National Guard for 7 yrs, I hold a DD214. Well my local FFL gave me this paper from SIG SAUER that anyone holding a DD214 can purchase. They are discounted pretty good. Was wondering if you can purchase them in Mass?

Attachments

• img002.jpeg
    img002.jpeg
    807.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance but I believe you are misinformed about being a Veteran. You need 180 days of active duty service to be a Veteran. No disrespect to your guard service.

Sig won’t transfer shit to MA unless it’s MA compliant, Not even an upper because it has a threaded barrel. I’ve only seen them do a LE exemption.

As far as Glocks go they are illegal in MA and cops get pinched all the time flipping them 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Here’s obamas law. A retiree can call themselves veteran but not have the benefits.

Glocks aren’t illegal, they just don’t comply with the AG’s “consumer protection” regulations (940 CMR 16) so dealers can’t sell them to ordinary citizens. You can easily get any Glock you want via private sale or frame transfer from a willing dealer.
Damn dude, you take the bait every time!!!
You couldn’t tell by the 4 emoji’s that it was sarcasm😂😂 come on bruh

Here’s obamas law. A retiree can call themselves veteran but not have the benefits.
How is it possible to have zero active duty time?

I'm learning a lot up here in the Free state of Maine. Being a Mass National Guard for 7 yrs, I am considered a Veteran here in Maine. I also found out the Obama signed a bill into law in 2016 making National Guardsmen veterans. Well my local FFL gave me this paper from SIG SAUER that Military veterans and active can purchase. They are discounted pretty good. Was wondering if you Veterans in Mass can purchase them?
Also, I can purchase 2 Glocks a yr under their Blue label program.
Dang near every gun on that paper from SIG is a handgun, and federal law dictates that all interstate acquisitions of handguns have to go through an FFL in the recipient’s home state of residence. Even if SIG was ok with shipping it to MA, you’d end up having to pay for shipping back to a MA dealer and pay a transfer fee. That’d pretty much negate any potential deal you’d get from a veteran discount.

This is the state of Maine’s definition of a Veteran. As a NG you need to be activated to active duty service for 180 consecutive days to be a Veteran and have a good discharge. If you don’t have this you are not a Veteran.

If this is you please don’t try and get Veteran discounts anywhere. It’s just as bad as the ass clowns who dress up to get a free meal and 10% off at Home Depot.

IMG_2031.png

How is it possible to have zero active duty time?
Never serve or spend your whole time in the guard and reserves…in order to qualify for “active duty” for Veteran status you need to be mobilized under title 10. So for example, you cant go to an additional MOS school for more than 180 days and be considered a Veteran. I know somebody this happened to.

This is the state of Maine’s definition of a Veteran. As a NG you need to be activated to active duty service for 180 consecutive days to be a Veteran and have a good discharge. If you don’t have this you are not a Veteran.

If this is you please don’t try and get Veteran discounts anywhere. It’s just as bad as the ass clowns who dress up to get a free meal and 10% off at Home Depot.

View attachment 757145

The whole reason I joined was for the Lowe's discount, now you are telling me there are free meals as well??!!!

From curiosity (I was never in either) your scenario is the NG's "One weekend a month, two weeks a year" thing?

What does "active duty" mean in terms of National Guard?
It means if your National Guard for 30 years and never mobilize to Active Duty under Title 10 of US Law and spend 180 days on active duty YOU ARE NOT A VETERAN.

There are tons of guardsman who mobilized for GWOT that are Veterans and rightfully so.

This cannot be explained any better over the Internet. You either understand it or you don’t 😀

Edit: It’s 180 consecutive days

I'm learning a lot up here in the Free state of Maine. Being a Mass National Guard for 7 yrs, I am considered a Veteran here in Maine. I also found out the Obama signed a bill into law in 2016 making National Guardsmen veterans. Well my local FFL gave me this paper from SIG SAUER that Military veterans and active can purchase. They are discounted pretty good. Was wondering if you Veterans in Mass can purchase them?
Also, I can purchase 2 Glocks a yr under their Blue label program.
You can also get discounted Sig products from: https://thesigapp.com/

Other great mil/vet discounts include:
- Nightforce (direct from them)
- Leupold (direct from them)
- Vortex (55% off from Eurooptic through Memorial Day, then a decent discount after from certain distributors like aaoptics.com

Sig won’t transfer shit to MA unless it’s MA compliant, Not even an upper because it has a threaded barrel. I’ve only seen them do a LE exemption.

Sig won’t even ship a collapsible stock to a MA address.

And they are charging waaaay too much for their stuff now. The new Spear is crazy expensive. They just released the Spear LT uppers by themselves… for $2k a pop 😆. I guess they have to pay for all the P320 holster pop lawsuits.

I’m beginning to think Sig can get bent.

And they are charging waaaay too much for their stuff now. The new Spear is crazy expensive. They just released the Spear LT uppers by themselves… for $2k a pop 😆. I guess they have to pay for all the P320 holster pop lawsuits.

As long as he is a Veteran which sounds like he is not

Glock's blue label program has replied to the guard/reserve for ages. It's not a state thing.

Also lots of states are slowly classifying non activated guardsmen/reservists as veterans for in state benefits. NH did it either last year or the year before-I remember watching some windbag talk about himself in the session.

Non activated reserve component folks are still not classified as veterans for federal benefits. IMO, and without trying to be disrespectful, this is the right thing.

Sig's in store military discount is pretty generous on firearms and optics.

*I have no real desire to add anything to my AR collection though. I still have an absurd amount of unassembled bits.

Dang near every gun on that paper from SIG is a handgun, and federal law dictates that all interstate acquisitions of handguns have to go through an FFL in the recipient’s home state of residence. Even if SIG was ok with shipping it to MA, you’d end up having to pay for shipping back to a MA dealer and pay a transfer fee. That’d pretty much negate any potential deal you’d get from a veteran discount.
Nearly all :) Inheritance exemption.

Never serve or spend your whole time in the guard and reserves…in order to qualify for “active duty” for Veteran status you need to be mobilized under title 10. So for example, you cant go to an additional MOS school for more than 180 days and be considered a Veteran. I know somebody this happened to.
My MOS (35R at the time) was enough with basic to meet the 180 day requirements - still not considered a veteran

Under 180 days is not counted
I have >>180 but never deployed so I have a DD-214 but am not considered a veteran for benefits purposes.
I’m conflicted about it.

On the one hand, active service (not just ADT) is a whole other animal from NG/Reserve. Now that I’m Reserve, I don’t feel the same kind of connection and membership with the military I used to have. I don’t really feel like a service member much.

On the other hand, NG/Reserves face so many additional hardships and challenges that Active members never have to worry about.

The same way it's possible to have O% VA disability. I worked with an idiot NG scammer who told me with a straight face, he had a 0% VA disability for flat feet and hemorrhoids.

0%'s are a thing. It's essentially the VA saying "yes it's service connected" and "no, we won't pay you disability but will cover expenses to treat said 0% condition."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom