• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any members of Westwood Gun Club?

jayhitek

NES Member
Just keeping my eyes open at everything in the area..

Anyone a member of Westwood Gun Club?

Would like to know about their membership waiting list and how long it is...

Thanks, Jay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hi I am a member,but I have not been to a meeting in a long time so I don't know what is going on with the membership.I would go to the meeting the first Wednesday of the month,and ask them what's up with the membership.

Hi I am a member,but I have not been to a meeting in a long time so I don't know what is going on with the membership.I would go to the meeting the first Wednesday of the month,and ask them what's up with the membership.
Can non-members go to meetings?

Member also. Membership is capped and there is a waiting list. Not sure how long it is but it's pretty long I'm afraid

Another member here. A great club, but as others have said, membership is capped and there is a waiting list. Now is probably a good time to contact them/go to a meeting. Memberships come up for renewal at the end of the year, and we always lose some members so spots do open up.

Another member here. A great club, but as others have said, membership is capped and there is a waiting list. Now is probably a good time to contact them/go to a meeting. Memberships come up for renewal at the end of the year, and we always lose some members so spots do open up.

I sent an email some weeks ago but never heard back. I'll go to the November meeting and introduce myself.

I'm also a member. It is a really nice and well run club, with a (mostly) friendly and relaxed membership. I'm not surprised that there is a waiting list to join.

[h=1]Membership to Westwood Gun Club[/h]

Off their website.....
The Westwood Gun Club's membership reached optimal membership capacity in 2015, and the annual renewal process for existing members ends in February of each year. The Membership Committee considers applicants that have already submitted applications over the past year, and we are not accepting any more at this time while the new applicants fill any open Membership slots that have just become available. Suggest you check the page for the application which we make available in the fall (September-October) for new applicant submissions. We suggest you then check in February to see if additional openings have become available.

I just looked at the calendar on the website. Is it correct that the next meeting is Nov 1st and should I go there at 8pm?
It looks like the board meets an hour before hand from 7-8pm..

I believe the monthly meeting is the first Wednesday of the month. I would try showing up at 8:00. I suspect you could at least put your name in - although I would not be surprised if you were told that you'll need to wait 1-2 years for a slot to open up.

I believe the monthly meeting is the first Wednesday of the month. I would try showing up at 8:00. I suspect you could at least put your name in - although I would not be surprised if you were told that you'll need to wait 1-2 years for a slot to open up.
Cool. Thank you.
Eventually spots have to open up. People get older and move or pass away..

I'll go and say hello and ask to get my name on a list..

Tried to go last night.. Was pretty much told to beat it within 90 seconds.
All good though. They said they don't take new members. And if they have openings to new members it goes to friends and family.. So take the hint.
But then they did say they open the membership up on Jan 15th when existing members get booted for non payment of dues. So if I know an existing member they can offer it to me.
Strange business tactic but it works for them. Might be easier to join the Illuminati.

I am a member, haven't been able to make it there since my daughter was born. I know membership is capped and there is no rush to increase it. Renewal letters just went out so won't know how many spots opened up until after the new year.

jayhitek,

Sorry people weren't a little friendlier. I thought about going to the meeting this week, but got tied up with something else. I know some of the board members and most of the active rifle shooters since I shoot there a couple of times a month and I've been a member for a while. If you ever want to shoot there as my guest let me know and I'll be happy to meet you there and introduce you to anyone I know.

jayhitek,

Sorry people weren't a little friendlier. I thought about going to the meeting this week, but got tied up with something else. I know some of the board members and most of the active rifle shooters since I shoot there a couple of times a month and I've been a member for a while. If you ever want to shoot there as my guest let me know and I'll be happy to meet you there and introduce you to anyone I know.
It wasn't a big deal really. I actually thought it was funny. The guys outside before the meeting started were very friendly.

Thanks for the offer.
I'll definitely take you up on it one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom