• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

any ma 50 bmg shooters?

hi everyone,

my name is jeff and i just picked up a 50bmg and was wondering how many others in the local area are bmg shooters? i live in western ma and would like to get to know others thanks jeff

I have one and I shoot it at the Harvard Sportsmens Club. Most people who shoot it,like it, unless they're lying to me but they're not for everyone. Ammunition is very expensive, even if you reload. Almost all the reloading equipment for the .50BMG is specific to that caliber. The muzzle blast is horrendous. It must be experienced to be believed and will clean everything off the shooting bench. The recoil is less punishing than a Marlin .45/70 Guide Gun with heavy loads.

I wish I was lucky enough/rich enough to shoot .50 bmg. Great choice though op! I recently bought a .22 because .45 was breaking the bank haha

I was part of the group by a few years back run by Producer (RIP) and absolutely love it. Everyone who shoots it loves it too. gerry is right though-nail everything down, it is a bench clearer!!!

A 12.7x99mm (.50 Browning Machine Gun) bolt action is on my wish list at the moment. Hoping that it can pan out in a year or two. Ideally, what I'm looking for is a detachable box magazine fed bolt action rifle plus a reloading set-up.

As has been pointed out, ammunition (even mil-surp) is very expensive.

There are a bunch of clubs on the internet for you if you look. Go green and join the fun at a NES shoot, well worth the scratch.

i am still learning the site and i will look into a NES shoot, and the ammo is a little expensive, i use Federal American Eagle XM33C 50BMG Ammunition almost always on sale for about $39. for 10 rounds at cabelas.

Back
Top Bottom