• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any love for the Bodyguard? Let's see some photos.

Regarding the Galloway trigger update, Hickok45 demonstrates that the modification reduces the hammer fall significantly. That's why it's important to also install their firing pin/spring update as well. If you just install the trigger update you'll very likely induce light strikes. Even with the firing pin/spring update, many people still report light strikes. If it were me I'd stick to the stock trigger bar.

Here's Hickok's video, see around 13:30.

[video]https://youtu.be/HazbEmiMkas[/video]

Last edited:
I have an M&P Bodyguard with no laser. At first I had a few light strike issues with certain range ammo (never with personal defense). After weeding out the range ammo it didnt like, the gun has been 100% reliable. Whether this was just the break in period others experienced, or cheap ammo, or a combination of both, im not sure. I had Pullman Arms do the BodMod upgrade on mine to take some of the edges off the slide. It adds better looks and better profile for pocket carry. I hated the factory sights and added some cheap fiber sights and it made a world of difference. Its my go to when Im wearing dress clothes that don't allow for a G19 or G26.

The bod mod sounds interesting. Can you snap a pic for me?

If your interested I have a brand new Galco TUC634 IWB holster for sale.. bought it for my wife and then she decides she wants OWB.. its posted in the classifieds
Thanks for the offer. I wrapped the pistol in wax paper and stuffed the holster. It's behaving like I want now.

I need to sell mine. Need to figure out why it wont fire first, its been a safe queen for years and is very clean but firing pin wont engage? Get a 9mm instead, i love my kahr pm9. The bodyguard is garbage.

Send it back to S&W. lifetime gauruntee.

I need to sell mine. Need to figure out why it wont fire first, its been a safe queen for years and is very clean but firing pin wont engage? Get a 9mm instead, i love my kahr pm9. The bodyguard is garbage.

Really? garbage? No I don't think so. Maybe you have a problem so why not send it to S&W instead of hammering it.

Really? garbage? No I don't think so. Maybe you have a problem so why not send it to S&W instead of hammering it.
Exactly. Definitely not garbage. I wouldn't have waited years with a problem and not contact them and just complain about it.

I took it to the range today. The only problem is you can only shoot at 50 feet. I need to go to my other range so I can shoot closer. It shot off a box of Fiochi without a problem. I also shot some Federal Hydra Shock through it with no problems. It felt like the trigger got easier after 25-30 rounds. Either that or I just got used to it. Trigger was smooth and has the potential to be staged. I was fearing double strikes but nothing of the sort. Maybe S&W worked out the problems and put a little more effort into the M&P. I like how it sits in my jeans pocket. Improvement over the 642 for comfort.

Exactly. Definitely not garbage. I wouldn't have waited years with a problem and not contact them and just complain about it.

It was working when i put it away years ago perfectly clean, now it wont fire. Now im reminded of the lifetime guarantee i will send it back to be fixed so i can sell it. But yes it is a piece of garbage, barely better than a taurus. Maybe only the MA version is garbage, but the point remains its garbage.

Just ran another 100 round of Tula steel through it. Not one issue. I shoot it better than the .38 so it will be on me until I can shoot the .38. Easier on my hands too. Just picked up a Kusiak leather holster for it. I cant feel the thing at all carrying it.

The trigger does take some getting used to. Once that's done, its not a bad little carry gun. Anyway with the colder weather back, I can go back to my LC9s. I enjoy shooting that much more then my M&P9c. Also much more accurate with it too.

The trigger does take some getting used to. Once that's done, its not a bad little carry gun. Anyway with the colder weather back, I can go back to my LC9s. I enjoy shooting that much more then my M&P9c. Also much more accurate with it too.
I have medium size hands, and I was shooting better when I started using the tip of my finger.

I'm coming up on maybe 12,000 rounds through mine (i used to track every range visit but stopped several months ago), the first 1000 sucked. I still don't care for the trigger pull, but it goes bang every time and I ankle carry as a bug. I clean the heck out of it every couple of days, it gets more dust and lint in it than my belly button, and shoot it almost every day.

I'm coming up on maybe 12,000 rounds through mine (i used to track every range visit but stopped several months ago), the first 1000 sucked. I still don't care for the trigger pull, but it goes bang every time and I ankle carry as a bug. I clean the heck out of it every couple of days, it gets more dust and lint in it than my belly button, and shoot it almost every day.

That's awesome! Expensive cartridge though. I guess my only complaint so far is the magazines are a bit loose in the grip and you could have a tendency to press the mag release if you aren't aware.

That's awesome! Expensive cartridge though. I guess my only complaint so far is the magazines are a bit loose in the grip and you could have a tendency to press the mag release if you aren't aware.

Fortunately, I haven't had that issue. I think I got one of the good ones. The laser is pretty much useless for me though, my dogs enjoys it when I break it down for cleaning and have them chase the dot around the room. I love those sights from post above, need to order those.

Fortunately, I haven't had that issue. I think I got one of the good ones. The laser is pretty much useless for me though, my dogs enjoys it when I break it down for cleaning and have them chase the dot around the room. I love those sights from post above, need to order those.

I think I have a good one myself. Actually when they changed to M&P Bodyguard I'm sure they made improvements, but the biggest complaint is light strikes and I saw a post on the S&W forum that they fixed the firing pin. All the other problems seem to me as a maintenance clean and lube issue. The mag release thing just happened to me once, my fault most likely just mishandling. Mine is without the laser and safety. Picture is in the first post.

After holding the new LCP II from Ruger, I can't see why anyone would buy a bodyguard. Trigger is so much better than the BG. :D

After holding the new LCP II from Ruger, I can't see why anyone would buy a bodyguard. Trigger is so much better than the BG. :D

It is nice. I really like the looks of the BG without the "freakin laser". I'm not a big fan of the hinged trigger safety but that's not a disqualifier.

Had one not a bad little pistol. One of the early ones with the laser. Only issue was misfires with PPU ammo. Sold it bought a g42

Back
Top Bottom